Bohemond or Bertrand for (hypothetical) Bretonnia DLC?

Bohemond
Bertrand
Other
Vote nowView results
Copied to clipboard!
16 days ago
May 4, 2024, 6:52:20 PM

Assume for the moment that Bretonnia does get a DLC in WH3, who should be leading it? The prime candidates are Bohemond Beastslayer, Duke of Bastonne and Bertrand the Brigand. One is another prominent duke like Alberic, also specializing in Anti-Large, while the other is an Outlaw specializing in bow and guerilla tactics. The overall structure for the DLC itself would be something like the following:
L: Faceless
H: Hermit Knight/Grail Monk
Foot Knights
Truffle Hounds
Lost Sons
Herrimaults
Naiads

Imagine also that this DLC would be accompanied by a Drycha-style Mallobaude that takes up residence in Mousillon.

Who should we get? Bohemond or Bertrand?

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 4, 2024, 6:55:18 PM

Bertrand. As much as Alberic "stole" the spot, Bretonnia alreayd has an anti-large Knigh, and it would give them some nice variety

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 4, 2024, 7:10:55 PM

Mallobaude.

Seriously, I want Bohemond but he's as boring as you can get, a basic ass Knight LL, he is FLC material, not DLC.

Bertrand is more interesting but if we are to get a "rogue" LL for Bretonnia why not go for all the way in with Mallobaude? You cannot have an arturian legend inspired Race without the Mordred expy.

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 4, 2024, 7:13:58 PM

I like the idea of Bertrand leading a peasant faction, but I think I'd prefer a different character. If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with Tristan le Troubadour and Jules the Jester as his LH. I know the pair are probably more suitable as a Bretonnia-specific pair of LHs, but I think his songs would make him a unique among the many other knightly special characters that are missing from Bretonnia.

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 4, 2024, 7:41:40 PM
mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Mallobaude.

Seriously, I want Bohemond but he's as boring as you can get, a basic ass Knight LL, he is FLC material, not DLC.

Bertrand is more interesting but if we are to get a "rogue" LL for Bretonnia why not go for all the way in with Mallobaude? You cannot have an arturian legend inspired Race without the Mordred expy.

So would he have his dark Bretonnians as his DLC units instead of the others?

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 4, 2024, 8:03:34 PM

Eine schwierige Frage: Bertrand würde sich deutlich von den anderen bretonischen Herren unterscheiden.

Wenn es tatsächlich einen DLC gäbe, wäre das Teuerste wahrscheinlich ein neues Reittier für eine Knight-Einheit, und Bohemund könnte das auch bekommen, was ihn zu einer guten Wahl machen könnte.

Aber insgesamt wäre Bertrand meine erste Wahl.

0Send private message
0Send private message
16 days ago
May 4, 2024, 9:18:31 PM
TheWattman#7460 wrote:
mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Mallobaude.

So would he have his dark Bretonnians as his DLC units instead of the others?

In Old World there is an entire Outcast Knight Armylist, meant for characters like Mallobaude that don't care about honour or chivalry.

Things like his Knigths of the Black Grail should be campaign specific units for him.

0Send private message
0Send private message
16 days ago
May 4, 2024, 10:44:11 PM

But isn't Bertrand's whole thing that he doesn't work for the Knights or Kingdom, why would he and his homies be LHs to them?

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
16 days ago
May 5, 2024, 1:27:39 AM

I want 3. They won't requite much work for their models and animations so CA could really take the time to give Bretonnia some much needed love.

I want:

1. Bertrand the Brigand and the Bowmen of Bergerac (Including Hugo le Petit and Guis le Gros.)

2. Duke Bohemond the Beastslayer of Bastonne with a monster hunting mechanic.

3. Duke Theoderic of Brionne. Lower MD and Missile Defence but higher MA and AP.

4. Alberic needs unique voice lines.

5. Bretonnia needs some drastic beautification. Lush green lands, tourney tents, farms and more.

6. Damsels are in desperate need of beautification.

7. All kinghtdms with lances given same posture as HE Silver Helms and Dragon Princes. Hold their lances vertically. All lances are colour coded to their Knights primary colour with pennants on top with cloth physics.

Updated 16 days ago.
0Send private message
15 days ago
May 5, 2024, 4:54:15 AM

Bohemond and Tancred are my choices for Bretonnia LLs.  Both being Dukes.  And both being playable TT characters from the 5E armybook that could serve as your army general.

But knowing CA, Bertrand is exactly the kind of character they'd want to build a wacky campaign with pseudo-horde mechanics around.

Updated 15 days ago.
0Send private message
15 days ago
May 5, 2024, 6:05:18 AM
DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Bohemond and Tancred are my choices for Bretonnia LLs.

But knowing CA, Bertrand is exactly the kind of character they'd want to build a wacky campaign with pseudo-horde mechanics around.

Oh, I hope his faction would work something like this:

Cannot control settlements and can instead gift conquered settlements to Bretonnian factions for bonuses

Has unlimited access to peasant units but needs Approval of the King to be able to recruit knight units

Can recruit 3 unique Legendary Heroes (Hugo le Petit + Guis le Gros + 1 Damsel because we need the one woman whose name escapes me at the moment)

Can neither confederate or be confederated

And that is just for his mechanics. I'd really want to see him as a single army. No settlements, no (or hardly any) additional armies. Just Bertrand the Brigand his followers. 

0Send private message
15 days ago
May 5, 2024, 6:35:06 AM

I would like a two in one LL like Sisters of Twilight:  Tristan le Trobadour with his jester 

0Send private message
0Send private message
15 days ago
May 5, 2024, 9:49:20 AM
Ekix#9944 wrote:
I would like a two in one LL like Sisters of Twilight:  Tristan le Trobadour with his jester 

Tristan is no Lord.  He hasn't even made Grail Knight yet.

He'd make an especially useful support LH with his ability to buff units with his songs.

Updated 15 days ago.
0Send private message
15 days ago
May 5, 2024, 10:13:08 AM
WarbossAohd#6756 wrote:

But isn't Bertrand's whole thing that he doesn't work for the Knights or Kingdom, why would he and his homies be LHs to them?

The herimaults has a provision i ntheir code that it's okay to ally with the nobles if it's to fight Chaos.

But i'd much prefer bertrand as a ll.

0Send private message
15 days ago
May 5, 2024, 1:54:25 PM
PLHenry#4565 wrote:

I like the idea of Bertrand leading a peasant faction, but I think I'd prefer a different character. If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with Tristan le Troubadour and Jules the Jester as his LH. I know the pair are probably more suitable as a Bretonnia-specific pair of LHs, but I think his songs would make him a unique among the many other knightly special characters that are missing from Bretonnia.

Bertrand is working with knights, not against them.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment