A list of everything missing from 8th edition

Copied to clipboard!
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 6:37:25 AM

Found this on the total war reddit, a compilation of everything missing from every race's 8th edition books. And one of these races kinda stand out, wouldn't you say guys?

Credit to gray007nl

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 7:55:56 AM

The idea is cool but you have plenty of units missing still in this list. Slaughterbrute is a good example. Aislinn ? Ergrimm ? Dechala ? Teutogen guard ? Etc...

0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 7:56:47 AM

As I said on the reddit. The Chaos Dwarfs are missing their Overseer Melee Hero variant and the Bull Centaur Lord. And a few other units that content creators have cited from the actual books themselves.

Updated 16 days ago.
0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 8:03:54 AM

I feel sad whenever I think of ogre kingdoms, being a rather low effort pre order bonus really screwed them over. I'm hoping a dlc and rework will help make them what they should be. 

0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 8:08:02 AM
Nazjax#2857 wrote:
Slaughterbrute is a good example.

It's on the list.

Nazjax#2857 wrote:
Aislinn ? Ergrimm ? Dechala ? Teutogen guard ? Etc...

Not from the 8th edition army books. 

But some other characters and weapon variants are indeed missing from that list.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 9:17:24 AM
Fournier7#7432 wrote:

Araloth ? 

Slaughterbrute ?

Araloth is absent, Slaughterbrute is in WoC.

JungleElf#8229 wrote:

'Missing' is a bit of a stretch, but, ehhhh. 90% of the list is redundant.

And yet most of it has a function, either as a seperate thing on the roster, or for thematic purposes (aka Greenskins).

Averath#4228 wrote:

As I said on the reddit. The Chaos Dwarfs are missing their Overseer Melee Hero variant and the Bull Centaur Lord. And a few other units that content creators have cited from the actual books themselves.

Were Bull Centaur Lords actually a thing? Not just community dreams?

0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 9:25:08 AM

They should never stop at 8th Ed only because the options can be a bit boring, I imagine that’s why they picked Malakai over obvious 8th edition choices. Sometimes the choices outside 8th edition are better.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 9:26:00 AM
TheWattman#7460 wrote:
Fournier7#7432 wrote:

Araloth ? 

Slaughterbrute ?

Araloth is absent, Slaughterbrute is in WoC.

JungleElf#8229 wrote:

'Missing' is a bit of a stretch, but, ehhhh. 90% of the list is redundant.

And yet most of it has a function, either as a seperate thing on the roster, or for thematic purposes (aka Greenskins).

Averath#4228 wrote:

4th

6th Ravening Hordes

They were however not in 8th Tamurkhan, but we can argue that this was maybe a "Legion of Azgorh" thing. 

Since the 6th Ravening Hordes list was still usable, we could argue they still work on a 8th edition basis. Of course that is not what the above list aimed for in the first place when probably only using Tamurkhan as template.

Still, for TWW I would like to see a Bull Centaur Lord. And would have appreciated a LL too, even if not the AoS guy but someone CA might have invented.

-----Red Dox

Updated 16 days ago.
0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 9:35:59 AM
davedave1124#4773 wrote:

They should never stop at 8th Ed only because the options can be a bit boring, I imagine that’s why they picked Malakai over obvious 8th edition choices. Sometimes the choices outside 8th edition are better.

100% agree. Wouldn't get the Doomseekers or the Cult of Ulric if all we have is 8th edition. I'd argue that going back to atleast 6th edition is mandatory for all races, depending on their lore prominance.

Red_Dox#2328 wrote:

4th

6th Ravening Hordes

They were however not in 8th Tamurkhan, But we can argue that this was maybe a "Legion of Azgorh" thing. Since the 6th Ravening Hordes list was still usable so we could argue they still work on a 8th edition basis. Of course that is not what the above list aimed for in the first place. 

Still, for TWW I would like to see a Bull Centaur Lord. And would have appreciated a LL too, even if not the AoS guy but someone CA might have invented.

-----Red Dox

Certainly valid in the case of the Chaos Dwarfs.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 11:27:09 AM
Nazjax#2857 wrote:

The idea is cool but you have plenty of units missing still in this list. Slaughterbrute is a good example. Aislinn ? Ergrimm ? Dechala ? Teutogen guard ? Etc...

He said 8th edition.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 11:32:44 AM

So mostly characters and weapon variants. Gotta say CA did a decent job getting most of 8th edition into the game.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 11:47:07 AM

The truly important things left in the 8th edition (excluding stuff from older editions and supplements) are (generic) character-options, and units like the Celestial Hurricanum, Lothern Skycutter, Slaughterbrute, Chimera, Yhetees and the Thundertusk.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 12:05:43 PM
JungleElf#8229 wrote:

The truly important things left in the 8th edition (excluding stuff from older editions and supplements) are (generic) character-options, and units like the Celestial Hurricanum, Lothern Skycutter, Slaughterbrute, Chimera, Yhetees and the Thundertusk.

No; they are legendary characters.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 12:17:22 PM
Lampros73#2587 wrote:
JungleElf#8229 wrote:

No; they are legendary characters.

That's what I meant with (generic) characters; both named and regular character-options.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 2:59:59 PM

I wonder if the ranged lord and hero for the Dwarfs could be turned into some sort of ranger-ish to sort of go with Bugman, in addition to the Brewmaster.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 3:25:28 PM

Great resource.  Thanks for posting!

Too bad it's limited to armybooks.  So it doesn't contain things from various 8E supplements like Monstrous Arcanum or ET.

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

4E.  A Bull Centaur LL was the thing that was a community dream.

Updated 16 days ago.
0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 3:50:47 PM
DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Great resource.  Thanks for posting!

Too bad it's limited to armybooks.  So it doesn't contain things from various 8E supplements like Monstrous Arcanum or ET.

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

4E.  A Bull Centaur LL was the thing that was a community dream.

Good way of keeping track of what CA has essentially promised us *cough* Greenskins *cough*

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment