Total War: Warhammer
Universe banner wording

The 2 most likely picks for the 100th Legendary Lord

Copied to clipboard!
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 10:33:09 AM

People suggesting Thanquol and Nagash may be disappointed. These 2 characters are obviously going to be in a paid DLC pack. The 100th LL is most likely an FLC going off math alone.

ToD DLC LL#93

ToD DLC LL#94

ToD DLC LL#95

ToD FLC LL#96

Slaanesh DLC LL#97

Slaanesh DLC LL#98

Slaanesh DLC LL#99

Post-Slaanesh FLC LL#100

CA obviously wants to do something special for the 100th. That's why the LL will be one of the first characters that ever appeared in Warhammer all the way back in 1st Edition that is still relevant today.

The choices are: Josef Bugman or Golgfag Maneater

There is also Mengil Manhide, who did appear in 1st Edition Warhammer as well, but he is far more irrelevant than these 2. He is also already a rogue army leader. So, out of Josef Bugman and Golgfag Maneater, from 1st Edition to 8th, who is more likely?

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 11:09:30 AM

I hope it's neither of these - i have nothing against them. 

WH3, is by far the biggest TW game CA have made. The fact that it's a combination of 3 main games and over a dozen DLCs. I really hope CA go for a really epic 100th LL and tbh i hope the LL is free as a thank you to all the fans who've been on this journey (if not i'm happy to buy a good dlc)

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 11:27:26 AM

I really do think it'll be Thanquol. 

All Skaven really need is a Pestilens rework and a few buffs to Queek and Tretch. 

I mean, they've been dropping all of his opposition into the game lately, and pretty sure Malakai will be in the next DLC. 

I don't think we'll be getting any more Skaven units anyway so FLC would be perfect. Not saying they wouldn't deserve to, just saying CA isn't going to. Being the 100th LL, CA will likely put a bit more effort than regular into it so the campaign and faction will be a DLC-class effort while still being free.

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 11:34:28 AM
Slayer_Yannir#8069 wrote:

All Skaven really need is a Pestilens rework and a few buffs to Queek and Tretch. 

I mean, they've been dropping all of his opposition into the game lately, and pretty sure Malakai will be in the next DLC. 

I don't think we'll be getting any more Skaven units anyway so FLC would be perfect. Not saying they wouldn't deserve to, just saying CA isn't going to. Being the 100th LL, CA will likely put a bit more effort than regular into it so the campaign and faction will be a DLC-class effort while still being free.

Are you joking? Stormfiends??? Verminlords?? Verminlords appear in the Artbook after all... 

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 11:46:00 AM
NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 wrote:
CA obviously wants to do something special for the 100th.

Do they ? The only thing that was said about the 100th LL is that they might have an idea about who it's going to be and that was more than a year ago. Maybe they will do something special but so far nothing seems to indicate that they will.

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 11:48:16 AM
Theo91#7431 wrote:
WH3, is by far the biggest TW game CA have made. The fact that it's a combination of 3 main games and over a dozen DLCs. I really hope CA go for a really epic 100th LL and tbh i hope the LL is free as a thank you to all the fans who've been on this journey (if not i'm happy to buy a good dlc)

Well CA never said it would be epic, or even really a big deal. They just said they were giving some extra thought to who it might be.

Not to mention the plan might have shifted since that statement, considering that there wasn’t a planned FLC LL for ToD.

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 11:53:53 AM
Passthechips#4366 wrote:
Theo91#7431 wrote:

Well CA never said it would be epic, or even really a big deal. They just said they were giving some extra thought to who it might be.

Not to mention the plan might have shifted since that statement, considering that there wasn’t a planned FLC LL for ToD.

I know they have never given much detail. im just saying that i hope, given how epic this trilogy is now, that the 100th lord is befitting of the milestone

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 11:55:47 AM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Are you joking? Stormfiends??? Verminlords?? Verminlords appear in the Artbook after all... 

Those are End Times lore. I'd expect an ET campaign DLC to add these but I wouldn't expect them in the regular roster.

This game seems to be more Storm of Chaos, hence beakless Tzaangors, Tamurkhan etc., though using some ET stuff when plausible. These are alternative timelines, and one rules out the other.

Skaven are mechanically done, having already had 3 DLC's of their own with all the major clans added. 

Now if we end up getting DLC for like 3+ more years, eventually Skaven will get relevant again at some point but honestly I'd expect this game to go on maintenance in about 3 years. GBoG speculated that TWWH40k is coming out in 2026 because it would coincide with the potential release of 11th Edition 40k. If that's accurate and the game succeeds, it rings death for the fantasy game because 40k is way more popular than FB, and will become the new cash cow.

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 11:58:46 AM

I don't think we'll be getting any more Skaven units anyway

Then you are wrong. Skaven still have stuff to add. 

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 12:04:33 PM
SerPus#7395 wrote:

I don't think we'll be getting any more Skaven units anyway

Then you are wrong. Skaven still have stuff to add. 

I'm as hurt by it as you are. I just embrace the truth instead of coping with hopium. 

I'd be happy to be wrong in this, I'm just fairly certain I'm not.

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 12:17:43 PM

I'm as hurt by it as you are. I just embrace the truth instead of coping with hopium. 

That's some really lazy trolling you got there. 

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 12:19:00 PM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Those are End Times lore. I'd expect an ET campaign DLC to add these but I wouldn't expect them in the regular roster.

This game seems to be more Storm of Chaos, hence beakless Tzaangors, Tamurkhan etc., though using some ET stuff when plausible. These are alternative timelines, and one rules out the other.

Skaven are mechanically done, having already had 3 DLC's of their own with all the major clans added. 

Now if we end up getting DLC for like 3+ more years, eventually Skaven will get relevant again at some point but honestly I'd expect this game to go on maintenance in about 3 years. GBoG speculated that TWWH40k is coming out in 2026 because it would coincide with the potential release of 11th Edition 40k. If that's accurate and the game succeeds, it rings death for the fantasy game because 40k is way more popular than FB, and will become the new cash cow.

Why would you expect something bad like an ET Campaign? Makes no sesne really... just release the stuff with regular DLCs. 

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 12:26:53 PM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Why would you expect something bad like an ET Campaign? Makes no sesne really... just release the stuff with regular DLCs. 

What doesn't make sense is if you don't want the lore but you want the units. You can't get one without the other. Stormfiends or Verminlords make no sense in the Storm of Chaos timeline. 

SerPus#7395 wrote:

Not a troll. I just genuinely don't believe in it. Feel free to disagree.

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 12:29:10 PM

Not a troll.

Riiiight. CA won't add missing Skaven content for no reason at all. Definitely not trolling. 

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 12:35:07 PM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

What doesn't make sense is if you don't want the lore but you want the units. You can't get one without the other. Stormfiends or Verminlords make no sense in the Storm of Chaos timeline. 

SerPus#7395 wrote:

Not a troll. I just genuinely don't believe in it. Feel free to disagree.

Let me explain this to you... WH3 doesn't follow the Storm of Chaos Timeline. It is not canon and doesn't follow any narrative or timeline. The only limitation is that its set in the reign of Karl Franz. 

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 12:40:47 PM
SerPus#7395 wrote:

Not a troll.

Riiiight. CA won't add missing Skaven content for no reason at all. Definitely not trolling. 

Yes you heard that right, CA isn't going to try to sell one of the most requested character with one of the most requested unit that is the Stormfiend /s 

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 12:46:01 PM

I do think people might be overhyping the 100th lord. All CA said was "We already have an idea who the 100th lord should be". 

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 12, 2024, 1:05:14 PM

That would be awesome! 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message