The next potential Cathay LH: Yangsing, the Guardian of Wei-Jin

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 7:54:48 PM

When I read the Name of the new Cathay LH Saytang, I instantly thought that it sounds familiar. So I checked the Cathay map released for The Old World and realised it. Saytang was right there all the time!

Saytang is located in the Celestial Mountains there instead of the Mountains of Heaven but it’s clearly a reference to him. I always wondered why these Statues appeared on the map with names but now it makes sense.

In the North you can see Yangsing who probably is the Guardian of Wei-Jin. Considering that each Cathay DLC will have a Cathay LH from now on it’s likely that Yangsing will be another LH similar to Saytang but different. These Guardians could all have different abilities and weapons to make them feel different.

We still haven’t seen the rest of Cathay so they might be more of them guarding different key locations of Cathay. 

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 7:56:08 PM

I doubt all their LHs are just going to be Sentinels.

I'm hoping we get that Junk inventor.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 8:00:21 PM
DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

I doubt all their LHs are just going to be Sentinels.

I'm hoping we get that Junk inventor.

I doubt that we see him after Andy’s statement but he is possible. that still leaves us with 1-2 more LHs considering the new format.

Saytangs description makes it seem like he isn’t the only one of his kind tho and lorewise it would also be weird to only have one. I mean why have such a powerful protector in the South but not in the North? 

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 8:05:29 PM

Yeah I figured there'd be more like him, likely 3-4 more due to the Chinese elements and compass directions.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 8:13:30 PM
pblllrr#9773 wrote:

Yeah I figured there'd be more like him, likely 3-4 more due to the Chinese elements and compass directions.

That would make a lot of sense. Saytang is aligned to Azyr (Lore of heavens) and greatly synergies with Yuan Bo. Having more Guardians being aligned with Fire, Life or Beast for example would be great and fit Cathays theme and design philosophy very well. It would also work greatly with the other Dragons like Li Dau or Yin-Yin.  

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 8:17:32 PM
pblllrr#9773 wrote:

Doesn't exactly paint Cathay's writers as the most creative types does it?

"Who are their LLs?"

"5 dragons."

"Who are their LHs?"

"4 statues."

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 8:23:17 PM
DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:
pblllrr#9773 wrote:

Doesn't exactly paint Cathay's writers as the most creative types does it?

"Who are their LLs?"

"5 dragons."

"Who are their LHs?"

"4 statues."

Don’t forget Monke who might get a Monkey/Tigermen LH.

I don’t expect 4 Guardian LHs personally, but 1 more seems extremely likely. Cathay is all about Harmony and Saytang will likely be Yin considering his Bow and the Azyr alignment. That means we need also one Yang Guardian. Which could be YANGsing.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 8:28:17 PM
MalalTheRenegade#5644 wrote:

Nice catch ! I would hate to have another Sentinel LH though.

I am currently hoping for either a strategist LH or a Monk LH for their next DLC.

All possible for Monke but we need at least 1 Yang Sentinel LH for the whole Harmony theme at some point. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 9:04:16 PM

I know this may sound redundant to some people, but I really want a Shugengan LH. In essence, either a son or a daughter of one of the Dragons, one that actually aligns magically with their parent's supposed aesthetic. Most prominent example, a son or a daughter of Miao Ying that wields the Lore of Heavens.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 9:06:24 PM

Oh wow good find! 

So Saytang isn’t a new character that CA created post-hoc, but probably a character they were saving for later.

I doubt we get multiple giant statue LHs. My guess is Shi-Hong with a custom Sky Junk mount.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 9:06:50 PM
TheWattman#7460 wrote:

I know this may sound redundant to some people, but I really want a Shugengan LH. In essence, either a son or a daughter of one of the Dragons, one that actually aligns magically with their parent's supposed aesthetic. Most prominent example, a son or a daughter of Miao Ying that wields the Lore of Heavens.

If CA keeps the new format then we will likely get 2-3 more Cathay LHs. One could very much be a Shugengan.

Personally I would love the idea of a rogue Shugengan, who grew tired of their Dragon Parents and betrayed them to join the Monkey King. 

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 9:09:59 PM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
TheWattman#7460 wrote:

If CA keeps the new format then we will likely get 2-3 more Cathay LHs. One could very much be a Shugengan.

Personally I would love the idea of a rogue Shugengan, who grew tired of their Dragon Parents and betrayed them to join the Monkey King. 

Imagine if its one of Li Dao's children betraying him for the Monkey King. That could probably be part of the storyline for the DLC.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 8, 2024, 9:13:31 PM
TheWattman#7460 wrote:
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:
TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Imagine if its one of Li Dao's children betraying him for the Monkey King. That could probably be part of the storyline for the DLC.

Would be a very fitting scheme for Monke to trick one unhappy but ambitious child of Li Dau into betraying their Dragon dad.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 4:31:46 PM

@mecanojavi99#6562 

Since you also posted about it. Not only was Saytang on that map, we also have another Guardian with Yangsing who will likely end up as another LH at some point. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 4:35:00 PM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

When I read the Name of the new Cathay LH Saytang, I instantly thought that it sounds familiar. So I checked the Cathay map released for The Old World and realised it. Saytang was right there all the time!

Really like this as a confirmation the big dude isn't coming from nowhere.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 4:38:38 PM
Passthechips#4366 wrote:

Oh wow good find! 

So Saytang isn’t a new character that CA created post-hoc, but probably a character they were saving for later.

I doubt we get multiple giant statue LHs. My guess is Shi-Hong with a custom Sky Junk mount.

Yes, I want the Blind Master so bad. Hope him come with generic egineer heroes as well.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 5:05:05 PM
Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

@mecanojavi99#6562 

Since you also posted about it. Not only was Saytang on that map, we also have another Guardian with Yangsing who will likely end up as another LH at some point. 

Hopefully Yangsing gets better lore than Saytang. A Guardian of the Wall or Wei Jin would be solid enough lore, and hopefully it doesn't have anything too ridiculous about it.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment