[Warhammer 2] CTD and sometimes Bluescreen when in Battle or Campaign Mode

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Nov 7, 2023, 7:33:54 PM

Build 20415.2972041

For a couple of weeks now, my game crashes to desktop or even bluescreens my PC with various Stop-codes: service exception, nvlddmkm.sys, you name it)

Active Battles seem to make it happen faster, but it also happens in campaign screen with no action at all. I loaded a new campaign, left the room and 10 minutes later it CTD.

I tried to reproduce the error by loading a custom battle with two armies of just clanrats, to really get the GPU going, interestingly it did not crash during this battle.

I've tried: 

Uninstalling my Graphics Card, purging the data and reinstalling the Graphics card

Reinstalling the game

Updating Windows

Run the game in compatibility mode

Turning VFX to low

Uninstalling the game and remove any file that contains "total war" from my system. Yes, all savegames, settings, etc.

Seuchenklan_Schnelles_Speichern2415439282.save

It still happens and I'm losing hope.

---

How to reproduce the Error:

I have attached a Savefile of a Clan Pestilens ampaign. Maybe engage in a battle and retrerat. That seems to consistently crash the game.

Otherwise, idk. Play a few turns and it will crash for sure.

I'm trying to upload the crash report but "something went wrong. please try again". I can attach the stack files, but not the .mdmp

D2023-11-03_T20-36-59.stack.txt

D2023-11-01_T19-22-22.stack.txt

D2023-11-04_T11-02-37.stack.txt

System Model: MS-7A38
BIOS: B.70 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor (12 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM
Page File: 9367MB used, 9398MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
Miracast: Available, no HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.3636 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device (POST)
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 14147 MB
Dedicated Memory: 5981 MB
Shared Memory: 8166 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
         HDR Support: Not Supported

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 7, 2023, 8:21:27 PM

You probably need to zip dump files before uploading.

As to your actual issue have you tried re-seating your graphics card and checking that the connections are tight?

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 7, 2023, 8:59:50 PM

Just checked everything, still crashing. I have zipped the mdmp in various formats (rar, zip, 4rar) and nothing can be uploaded here. The stack files read kernel32 in many of the reports. I could also try to send it in other ways perhaps?

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 8, 2023, 9:38:38 AM

Hi @Gorgon-Zola#6460

I'm so sorry to hear you're having this issue, however the save you have provided is corrupted, can you submit a save.file before along with your mod.log and your Dxdiag You won't need to zip these, you won't be able to upload a dmp.file here but we can try to see if we can replicate it in house, I will have a quick try as Skaven, to retreat from battle and see if anything happens in the meantime.

Here is our troubleshooting guide (Please Click Here) as it could be something un-obvious that might be causing this. Please reach out again if any of these don't work, and with the relevant files so we can further investigate what might be happening.

Thank you for your patience

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 8, 2023, 9:41:32 AM

Hey @Gorgon-Zola#6460

Sorry did you state in the title the issue was with WH2 not WH3?

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 8, 2023, 6:09:51 PM

Hi Jupiter, 

thanks for helping me!

DxDiag.txt

cef.log.txt

gfx.log.txt

mp_log.txt

The modified.txt is empty.

Seuchenklan_232415439282.save

Seuchenklan_192415439282.save

I hope those are the files required!

The troubleshooting guide listed things i already tried with no success. Additionally I used DDU to cleanly uninstall my graphics card drivers and reinstalled them from scratch. 

I can play other games without crashes (Mordheim, Other warhammer titles, shooters).

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 9, 2023, 4:11:54 PM

Hi @Gorgon-Zola#6460

I have moved your thread to the correct place on the WH2 section as we deal with WH3 bugs on our side.

Thank you for your patience. 

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 19, 2023, 9:50:12 AM

While i thank you for checking my issue on your end, i purposefully posted it on the Warhammer 3 Forum, since the WH2 page seems dead. No response for 11 days also seemed to have proven my point. I'd really like some sort of support from CA on this since I've spent good money on this game.

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 21, 2023, 2:52:11 PM

The same issues has started on mine, a WH 2 game crashed about go 100, yesterday, I've deleted it and completely rebooted, turned off all the mods, but since the every game I've started has crashed to the desktop during the completion of the 1st go. Been playing for a few years and this is the 1st time for experience. I'm almost never on this so havn't clue what thread I'm on just found the same problem I have and understand the other users frustration as to why this is suddenly happening.

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 21, 2023, 4:43:41 PM

As far as I know, Crashes to desktop spike preiodically. Likely some sort of update. Might sound stupid, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. My problems have also suddenly started after i had a Snikch campaign on turn 100 or so

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 21, 2023, 11:08:30 PM

Tried Rome 2 to check whether problem outside Warhammer.  It ran fine.

Tried to delete some history and reinstall the game. It is still crashing on the first turn. I'm at a loss?

0Send private message
Comment