Introduction

Hello, I am a fan of the Total War series from Korea, and I would like to talk about the idea of Total War: Genghis Khan.

In Korea, there isn’t really a direct way to communicate with CA's developers, so I sincerely hope that they will have a chance to see this message at least once.

These days, the Total War community in Korea is filled with high expectations for a new title. People are jokingly speculating about odd settings like space or modern warfare, or even asking, “Will they make another game in the Bronze Age?” (LOL). However, the idea that has gained the most likes is Total War: Genghis Khan.

Total War: Genghis Khan could feature a large map that includes Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, India, Central Asia, Vietnam, and East Asia, covering China, Korea, and Japan. The game could span from around 1180 to 1400 and include various nations and the historical battles of the Mongols, covering the rise and fall of the Mongol Empire with multiple campaigns.

Total War: Genghis Khan

This title would have broad appeal.

When Total War: Three Kingdoms was first released, people in Korea were excited because it was set in the Three Kingdoms period, which is a favorite among Korean players. However, I heard there were criticisms from the West, suggesting that the game was made just to appeal to the Chinese market.

Genghis Khan would not face such criticism. The Mongols affected both the East and the West, conquering nations and reshaping the world. From Europeans to Arabs, Indians to Vietnamese, many nations have stories related to the Mongols, making this a title that would appeal to players worldwide. (Especially since Korea would be included too.)

Moreover, since Total War: Warhammer 3 successfully implemented a massive world map, I don’t think it would be too difficult to create a similarly large map for this game.

Time Period and Technology Level

The time period from 1100 to 1400 is quite extensive. Personally, I love firearms, and while early gunpowder weapons existed in China and the Middle East during this period, they became more powerful as time progressed.

With melee infantry, knights, archers, siege weapons, and strong cavalry, along with weak early firearms and more powerful late firearms, CA has already dealt with such units in past Total War games, so I don’t see any problem in developing these systems further for this title.

Battles and Battle Maps

The game could draw from existing titles like Shogun: Total War, Rome: Total War, Total War: Attila, and Total War: Three Kingdoms. For example, Shogun 2 already covered a campaign set in this period, and Medieval 2 featured the Mongols as a direct faction. By utilizing existing resources to their fullest, it may not be as challenging as one might think to develop this game.

conclusion

I believe that Total War: Genghis Khan has great commercial potential and could appeal to a wide global audience.

There are countless details and stories to explore, and many elements that the Total War developers have already worked on in previous games, which I think would be a significant advantage.

Regardless of what the next Total War title will be, I am very curious to know if there are any plans to develop Total War: Genghis Khan, whether it’s the next game, or even the one after that!

I look forward to more discussions and the sharing of various ideas (translation with GPT-4)
스크린샷 2024-09-05 152146.png

(1998 / koei / Genghis Khan 4)