In what year will I be able to play total war again?

Copied to clipboard!
2 months ago
Aug 6, 2024, 5:46:51 PM
When I first heard that they were working on a fantasy total war, I assumed it would be a one off thing. I figured I'd just pass on that release and wait for the next one after that.

Here I am many years later, literally had forgotten about the entire franchise because of how long I had been waiting. It popped back in my head so I decided to have a quick google. Looks like hope should be abandoned for experiencing any classic total war multiplayer gameplay again.
Of course like many, my fondest memories of total war was Rome. The multiplayer community for that game was incredible with organised tournaments and such. I remember the "don't worry, we haven't abandoned the player base" assurances we occasionally heard as the wait grew longer. I haven't been paying attention for a while now so I don't know if/when those stopped. Are they still saying this? 
Anyway. If there's some sort of total war newsletter that caters only to the old player base, I'd like to sign up to that. A newsletter that doesn't send out any news unless it's about something we would actually play. 

Imagine you were an old medal of honor fan waiting to play again after 10 years of "Medal of Honor: Space Pirates VII". That's how this feels lol. Yeah I get it. Many people would love a fantasy shooter game with jetpacks, anti gravity boots and lasers beams. But you know who would hate it? Medal of Honor fans.
0Send private message
2 months ago
Aug 6, 2024, 7:21:04 PM

Since Warhammer’s release we’ve had 3K, Troy and Pharoah. Also, I’ve been playing TW since Summer 2000 and I don’t see WH as not part of TW, it is part of the franchise, an enjoyable part.

0Send private message
2 months ago
Aug 6, 2024, 8:40:39 PM

too much nostalgia friend. try pharaoh, the price is low compared to other games and it has some features that are reminiscent of the old TW games. otherwise there's the rome remastered version which isn't bad at all.

0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
Aug 15, 2024, 5:12:59 PM

This reminds me of Half-Life Expert from rural California. Loved Total War and Rome II in particular, he had thousands of posts, but he took a temporary break with Warhammer. Still hasn't returned the poor soul.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment