Hope the leaks arent true

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
May 19, 2024, 11:16:11 PM

So, i hope this leaks arent true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7G0UOZekmI

And we not only get more years of Warhammer 3 development, but also there is a Warhammer IV in the works.

But also, the studio's next flagship, should be Warhammer 40k ! ... Not frikking Star Wars .... we have enough Star Wars, as a SW lover myself, i just dont see it in the Total War format ....

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
May 19, 2024, 11:55:36 PM
We are definitely not getting a Total War Warhammer 4. They announced it as a trilogy, so we should assume that it will be a trilogy until otherwise told. 

Likewise, I feel like, even if the leak were true, Total War Warhammer 40K will be the next flagship for fantasy/sci-fi. And then after that, maybe there is a Total War: Star Wars game after then. I doubt that CA would make two Sci-fi themed games and launch them at the same time.
0Send private message
a month ago
May 20, 2024, 1:17:06 AM

Well, that really really sucks, if we are not getting a THWH4, then at the very least i want to see the game continue to get support well beyond 1.5 more years ... But then again i could not find any info ruling out WH4.
Maybe we can get it in 2027 or something who knows.

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:
We are definitely not getting a Total War Warhammer 4. They announced it as a trilogy,

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
May 20, 2024, 2:50:02 AM

Swimcito#5896 wrote:

Well, that really really sucks, if we are not getting a THWH4, then at the very least i want to see the game continue to get support well beyond 1.5 more years ... But then again i could not find any info ruling out WH4.
Maybe we can get it in 2027 or something who knows.

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:
We are definitely not getting a Total War Warhammer 4. They announced it as a trilogy,

Well, it's a trilogy. So, that means 3 games.

It's also described as the conclusion of a trilogy on its steam page. So, it's the last of the trilogy. 

"The cataclysmic conclusion to the Total War: WARHAMMER trilogy is here. Rally your forces and step into the Realm of Chaos, a dimension of mind-bending horror where the very fate of the world will be decided. Will you conquer your Daemons… or command them?"

Steam Page here.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
May 20, 2024, 5:04:07 AM

I never expected a game 4. I did consider that a pipe dream. However, I certainly don't want to end at that point proposed. That would just be tossing cash in the toilet. The DLC did middling because we were getting middling.  This is the point where execs look at stuff and assume all the wrong reasons for something's rise or fall. Oh a WWI movie failed? Guess they don't like that entire era!

But I put lil stock in this dump of leaks as of late till we get something bigger.

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:
We are definitely not getting a Total War Warhammer 4. They announced it as a trilogy, so we should assume that it will be a trilogy until otherwise told. Likewise, I feel like, even if the leak were true, Total War Warhammer 40K will be the next flagship for fantasy/sci-fi. And then after that, maybe there is a Total War: Star Wars game after then. I doubt that CA would make two Sci-fi themed games and launch them at the same time.

Wouldn't matter if they did. It's an incorrect assumption to make that all scif is alike or all have the same fans. You can make a Star Trek battle game and a Star Wars battle game and their audiences attract for different reasons. They're ultimately not the same worlds or fandoms. In this vein 40k and Star Wars don't really cancel each other out remotely.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 20, 2024, 8:08:20 AM

I don't see how we could get a Warhammer 4. There is no large races that could support it.

But I can imagine a "definitive edition" somewhere down the road, consolidating the 3 games, and maybe adding some extra stuff (like a small map extension).

0Send private message
a month ago
May 20, 2024, 9:47:52 AM

The so called 'leaks' makes little sense when you consider what we know about CA's financial strenght and resources before the debacles of 2023 and even less sense when you consider the massive lay offs that the company is going through. 

Somehow CA is supposed to have been able to waste 100 million USD with an entire studio dedicated to Hyenas while at the same time aquiring and working on both the 40K and Star Wars licences. Then you have the historical side of things with the new tentpole title (the supposed WW1 TW) and 3K2.  Combined with what we know about CA's revenue it simply does not add up. 

Some claims also really don't hold up such as 3K being made as a cheap game, that part frankly sounds like the leaker really don't understand the costs involved in game development and simply assumed that all human troops = cheap to make. 3K included plenty of new animation work, FX, new mechanics as well as effectively a new version of the current engine all of which require time and resources to make. Add in that the game was fully voiced in no less than 6 languages and it was clearly no made on the cheap. 

Then there is the fact that the leak in the video is a forum post with zero supporting evidence provided. Frankly it looks like someone made up their own version of popular 'leaks' that have been making the rounds and then made a few guesses based on the SEGA surveys that were done some months ago. 

0Send private message
a month ago
May 20, 2024, 11:15:38 AM

There has never been talk of a fourth game and there aren’t races to support it.  The rumor is that there are between four and six DLC left.  There’s certainly sufficient material for that and then some.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 20, 2024, 12:03:17 PM

Nyxilis#3646 wrote:

I never expected a game 4. I did consider that a pipe dream. However, I certainly don't want to end at that point proposed. That would just be tossing cash in the toilet. The DLC did middling because we were getting middling.  This is the point where execs look at stuff and assume all the wrong reasons for something's rise or fall. Oh a WWI movie failed? Guess they don't like that entire era!

But I put lil stock in this dump of leaks as of late till we get something bigger.

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:
We are definitely not getting a Total War Warhammer 4. They announced it as a trilogy, so we should assume that it will be a trilogy until otherwise told. Likewise, I feel like, even if the leak were true, Total War Warhammer 40K will be the next flagship for fantasy/sci-fi. And then after that, maybe there is a Total War: Star Wars game after then. I doubt that CA would make two Sci-fi themed games and launch them at the same time.

Wouldn't matter if they did. It's an incorrect assumption to make that all scif is alike or all have the same fans. You can make a Star Trek battle game and a Star Wars battle game and their audiences attract for different reasons. They're ultimately not the same worlds or fandoms. In this vein 40k and Star Wars don't really cancel each other out remotely.

I don't think it's because of those franchises' fanbases. The problem is more Total War's fanbase. I think it's because of the gameplay. It would be two games on the market that focus on probably similar space battles and probably similar ground battles. They would end up just being roughly similar products. If they wanted to catch more of their own audience, a better way of going about it would be to include something very different like a World War 1 game or 3 Kingdoms 2 to appeal to their fanbase that prefers historical titles or the non sci-fi total wars. Making two games focused on big franchises which would play similarly means ignoring  the fanbase that you already have which may not be interested in Sci-fi, and it's also banking on the brand power of both to make up for the difference.

0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
May 20, 2024, 8:14:06 PM

zinsncabs#3032 wrote:

There has never been talk of a fourth game and there aren’t races to support it.  The rumor is that there are between four and six DLC left.  There’s certainly sufficient material for that and then some.

Well if thats true then i would at least love a passthrough every race that was not touched on Warhammer 3 but only on WH1/WH2, like Vampires, Tomb kings, hell even the empire need some more work (include female battle wizards please), and certainly we need an elfs DLC (all 3 elven classes).

0Send private message
a month ago
May 21, 2024, 4:48:58 AM

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

Nyxilis#3646 wrote:

SaintCorn#3148 wrote:

I don't think it's because of those franchises' fanbases. The problem is more Total War's fanbase. I think it's because of the gameplay. It would be two games on the market that focus on probably similar space battles and probably similar ground battles. They would end up just being roughly similar products. If they wanted to catch more of their own audience, a better way of going about it would be to include something very different like a World War 1 game or 3 Kingdoms 2 to appeal to their fanbase that prefers historical titles or the non sci-fi total wars. Making two games focused on big franchises which would play similarly means ignoring  the fanbase that you already have which may not be interested in Sci-fi, and it's also banking on the brand power of both to make up for the difference.

There is a certain slice that is just fans of Total War but one has only to look at Total Warhammer to realize many people that came in didn't play Total War before this as a whole. I was around for the historical titles for some time and many here now came because of the Warhammer line. Either would attract new people in fairly good bulk I believe if those games are quality of course.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 21, 2024, 10:22:22 AM

talonn#7575 wrote:
No Warhammer 4 please. Time to move on. 

There is no moving on.  When TWWH dies, CA dies.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 21, 2024, 1:50:15 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

talonn#7575 wrote:
No Warhammer 4 please. Time to move on. 

There is no moving on.  When TWWH dies, CA dies.

CA will not die because of the end of Warhammer, because ca has a lot of historical works before making Warhammer, and these works have good results, the next Total War still has a chance to create good results for CA, even if it may not be more than the brilliant achievements of Warhammer.

0Send private message
4 days ago
Jun 25, 2024, 7:21:12 PM

with high probability, the historical part of total war can be presumed dead full stop. even constrained to the more grounded historical settings and all the layoffs and possibly knowledge loss considered, the company seems not even be able to produce anything to the likes of shogun 2, rome, medieval 2. their leadership and middle management dont even know what made total war great in the first place. thats why theyd rather squander their ressources on some n-th extraction shooter (hyena) because they dont care about their original franchise. 

gallery picture

"""Management no longer gives a damn about historic games. [...]"""

coming from a(n) (ex) company intern themselves

star wars is a dying franchise held on life support through ESG subsidies and other means and less by their community. and i dont see any positive markers to indicate a positive trend any time soon. should they pursue that ip it would be a bit unfortunate haha. 

as for 40k as long as GW doesnt f* up big time, i reckon itll turn a well paying cash cow, though the release better not be botched. another such debacle i could see the company collapse to irrelevance very soon.

Updated 4 days ago.
0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 4:56:21 PM

So essentially, any historical players still around after all this time are just waiting for a AA company to have a go at the TW formula since CA have no desire / ability to make anything in the same vein as what earned them their reputation...

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 6:19:22 PM

MARKROX#9026 wrote:

So essentially, any historical players still around after all this time are just waiting for a AA company to have a go at the TW formula since CA have no desire / ability to make anything in the same vein as what earned them their reputation...

3K and Pharaoh are both great games, especially with what they have listed for the free update to Pharaoh so no, they have continued it.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Jun 26, 2024, 7:14:04 PM

Commisar#2307 wrote:

MARKROX#9026 wrote:

3K and Pharaoh are both great games, especially with what they have listed for the free update to Pharaoh so no, they have continued it.

I agree about 3K and Pharaoh; especially with the upcoming free update.  After a disastrous marketing start, the developers seem to be able to continue to do a good job.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment