I cannot launch any Total War game except Warhammer 3

Copied to clipboard!
9 months ago
Dec 23, 2023, 1:22:27 PM

So I'm hoping for some help here. To start with, I have already followed EVERY suggestion found here - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4407164255377-My-Total-War-game-on-STEAM-does-not-launch-and-or-crashes.

The problem is that when I launch any Total War game (I have confirmed this with Medieval 2, Shogun 2, Empire, and Rome 2) except Warhammer 3, the launcher simply closes and nothing happens. Again, I have already tried every single suggestion I could find online, both from the official Sega support and others. Nothing has made a difference, all Total War games refuse to launch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

System specs,

mobo - Gigabyte Aorus x570wifi

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU - Radeon 7900XTX

RAM - 32GB DDR4

All drivers are up to date.  The game I first noticed this problem with, Shogun 2, ran perfectly fine earlier this week.  I have tried everything I or any of my friends can think of.  I even unsubbed from all mods, uninstalled the game, deleted the game folder, deleted the appdata folder for shogun 2, restarted my PC, and then tried re-installing.  Still won't launch.  I press play in the launcher, and the launcher just closes.

I've tried turning my anti-virus completely off.  I've tried listing Shogun 2 as an exception.  I've tried running Steam as an admin.  I've tried running Shogun 2 as an admin.  I've tried running both Steam and Shogun 2 as admin.  I've tried bypassing the launcher with the Shogun2 Retail.exe.  I've tried doing that as admin.  I've tried verifying the game files with Steam.  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing several times.  I've tried running every .exe in the redist folder for Shogun2.  I've tried making sure C++ is up to date.  I'm at my wits end here.

I haven't tried all these steps with every Total War game, just Shogun 2.  I know I can't launch any of them but Warhammer 3 because I tried launching all the others I have installed after I determined that Shogun 2 won't launch anymore.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is reformatting my computer and re-installing Windows, which I would like to avoid for obvious reasons.

So again, help would be REALLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment