Do you like Scenarios based on Victory Points similar to Darkness and Disharmony?

Copied to clipboard!
5 months ago
May 7, 2024, 7:25:22 PM

Hello everyone, I am new and I am here...

Warhammer 3 was marketed as "the Warhammer with a bigger focus on multiplayer", and the mini-campaigns Rotten in Kislev + Darkness and Disharmony were a step in that direction.
I am not a programmer and never played a total war game (like Rome 2 etc), but I like Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Battle Plans in Age of Sigmar/Warhammer: the Old World.

In a sense, I've always known that Victory Points scenarios will work in Warhammer computer game. A campaign map may look like tabletop so what we need is to adapt it for Multiplayer.
why I am writing about Multiplayer?Because the best way is to play a SP campaign game where another person plays your AI battles against you!

So I started learning modding in 2020 to create new game mode based on Victory Points for large campaign map Mortal Empires in Total War: Warhammer II.
Unfortunately, I have not found a team of like-minded people.So it became my hobby, rather than a project.Now that Warhammer III has campaign Darkness and Disharmony based on Victory Points I hope many people pay attention at this game mode. It's one thing when NoName offers and when it does CA.

At the beginning of 2021, I did some Scenarios for Warhammer II based on Victory Points.1. Storm of Chaos: The Empire vs Warriors of Chaos.2. Vampire Wars: The Empire vs Vampire Counts.3. Battle for Fortress Gates: High Elves vs Dark Elves.4. Battle of Anguish: Beastmen vs Wood Elves.5. Battle for Lustrian Temple-Cities: Lizardmen vs Skaven
scenarios.jpg

The main differences between matched play and regular multiplayer Campaign lie in Battleplan design:
Matched play is a gaming experience with minimal pre-game negotiation between players.

Matched play offers the most balanced (using the mod) multiplayer Campaign gaming experience that present clearly defined and competitive victory conditions.
Matched play games include rules that allow players to play armies of equal power, and the battleplans written for matched play games are designed to provide tactically challenging games where each side has a more-or-less equal chance of winning. It also sets the stage for you to prove your tactical might upon the gaming multiplayer Campaign against any opponent and in any setting.
This campaign game mode is based on Battleplan and Victory Points. Campaign is fought to gain control of one or more vitally important locations. These locations are called objectives: province, settlement, port, resource and landmark.

We can change the starting locations.old_world.jpg

0Send private message
5 months ago
May 7, 2024, 7:28:58 PM

DARKNESS AND DISHARMONY

Darkness & Disharmony is a small campaign in Total War: Warhammer III, it is geared towards a free-for-all experience and especially multiplayer.

Description: It supports 2-8 players. A free-for-all sandbox campaign focused on a Daemonic Invasion of Grand Cathay, where players fight for control of key settlements. This campaign uses the same campaign map as The Realm of Chaos however the start positions for Ogres, Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh are moved into Cathay itself.

CA game mode.jpg

0Send private message
4 months ago
May 20, 2024, 2:53:19 PM

Do you want to try it on the new scenario: Vampire Wars: The Empire vs Vampire Count?

Matched play offers the most balanced (using the mod) multiplayer Campaign gaming experience that present clearly defined and competitive victory conditions.

Vampire vs Empire.jpg

Regular Multiplayer Campaign - Turin vs Loremaster of Sotek

THE VAMPIRE WARS | Volkmar The Grim vs Vlad Von Carstein - H2H Campaign - Total War: Warhammer 2

The main differences between matched play and Regular Multiplayer Campaign lie in Battleplan design:
Matched play is a gaming experience with minimal pre-game negotiation between players.

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment