RPFM not working now!

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 1:55:54 PM

​I have been using RPFM 4.2.7 for a couple of years and have successfully created two fairly simple mods for WH3, (for the Dwarves and High Elves), where I have only changed a few values in Unit values.  

Now, trying to create another mod (for Bretonnia) a couple of months ago, I find that RPFM won't open up anything. I can create the name of my new (Bretonnia) mod, but that's as far as I can get. Doesn't put the (empty) new mod in it's usual box ready to create a DB. Also RPFM won't open up any Pack files in the game Data folder, so can't pick units to mod.

I've tried deleating totally RPFM and downloading it again, but doesn't make any difference.

Creating the first two successful mods I closely followed the tutorial, and found it quite easy. Everything was / is in place that is needed, so why won't RPFM work properly now.

I've tried using PFM 5.2.4 as that will let me open up Data/DB.  But can't access many of the DB files as it obviously doesn't have the lates schemas.

I will be very grateful for any suggestions.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 5:50:17 PM

I'm using RPFM everyday, it works fine, at least for NTW.

Try reinstalling, checking the configurations for game folder, and use the update functions to have the latest schemas.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 8, 2024, 12:28:41 PM

Thank you Steph for your reply.  I've tried deleating RPFM, downloading again, and trying it again.  No difference.  I also tried unistalling the WH3 Assembly Kit Beta and re-installing, but still nothing works.  I've double stecked all the settings and nothing seems to be wrong.

Each time I use the Tutorial, which proved to be very good when I first was able to fairly easily create my current to mods (for the Dwarves and High Elves).

Could the recent WH3 patch have done something?

But I shall try deleating and unistalling RPFM and Assembly kit again, and re-install them in the same order that I had them originally.

Would an earlier version of RPFM be of any use.  I seem to remember that last year when RPFM was working, I let it upgrade, and also upgraded the Schemas and then it didn't work.  That time, I think, I deleated RPFM and downloaded what I thought was an earlier version, and it worked again.

But now I'm getting confused about what happend when!

Could I try using PFM 5.2.4, but it obviously needs lots of Schemas, which I remember when I was using PFM on it's own, weren't easy to get, or install.

Again, I appreciate your interest and suggestions Steph.  But an answer is still allusive!  Tell me what you think please, if anything else comes to mind.

It's very annoying and frustrating when something on the PC stops working, and you can't find out why, or what to do to correct things.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Jul 8, 2024, 2:35:26 PM

Oh dear!  Panic over Steph.  Having another look inside RPFM I discovered that I'd somehow (accidentally) toggled "Toggle PackFile Contents" off.  Toggled it "on" and as if by magic, everything could be opened up again!  Then only took my a few minutes to create the (small) mod for Bretonia.

Thanks again Steph for your interest.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment