Thank you so much developers for this new change in modding!

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Jun 28, 2024, 6:13:34 PM

I suddenly noticed when modding that setting a value to zero in the building effects tables, now makes the line disappear ingame. Which is amazing!

As it lets me completely remove certain building effects and design my own, without it looking horrible ingame!

I went right ahead and expanded my wood elf outpost rework to something in line with their magical forest theme!

I hope the developers take a look at my mod, as it has been in the works for quite a while and I’m very proud of it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2903685295

The short story is:

All major settlements are now magical forests, but with reduced income to compensate.

And all outposts are now fully functional upgradeable minor settlements, which follow the same design as magical forests, where the main chain doesn’t require growth but is more expensive and takes longer to build, and the buildings require growth to build and upgrade.

The buildings are also in line with a traditional settlement design and the garrison also neatly mirrors the design of traditional garrisons, take for example the high elf garrison design.

Yes, I did all the maths to make sure the garrison sizes were of the same total value, with the same number of units.

I thought it plays in a super cool way and I hope the developers like it. As it adds a lot more empire building to the wood elves while making their building progression feel very unique and interesting, being heavily complimented by the oak of ages giving global growth.

If the developers feel the need to copy & paste my mod into the main game, feel free to do so, nothing would make me happier!

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jun 28, 2024, 6:20:32 PM

The income buildings have even had their code design specifically to work with the wood elf technologies, so the sacrificial hunting grounds income is considered hunting, which is buffed through the specific technology, as is the one from foraging and the main settlement chain.

And yes, I did the maths to make sure a fully upgraded wood elf outpost makes the same income as a fully upgraded traditional minor settlement.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment