REQUESTING A MODDER - ZHAO MING AND MIAO YING LORD OF CATACLYSM [LITE] MODS (Update)

Copied to clipboard!
5 months ago
May 17, 2024, 11:40:38 AM

Hi Guys

This is a follow up update from an earlier post (https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-warhammer/forums/11-modding-corner/threads/1717-requesting-a-modder-zhao-ming-and-miao-ying-lord-of-cataclysm-lite-mods?page=1). 

TWW3 mods.zip

Recently with the patch 5.03, the cataclysm spell mods no longer work and had to delete them/unsubscribe them from the mod manager. However, I copied their mod files for backup and have attached them here for anyone who wants to take on the authorship of these mods and expand/improve them with Yuan Bo and the future Cathayan dragons as the original author is no longer on the workshop. I have also attached screenshot images for illustration on their function for both Zhao Ming and Miao Ying

I really appreciate if anyone from the modding community can help (I am not a modder, too busy to learn and do modding full-time, and no interest in being an expert modder), as these were my favourite mods to play with as Grand Cathay.

0Send private message
5 months ago
May 17, 2024, 1:00:06 PM

Why aren't these part of the base game?  It seems like they should be able to add this.

bcs10#3410 wrote:

Hi Guys

This is a follow up update from an earlier post (https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-warhammer/forums/11-modding-corner/threads/1717-requesting-a-modder-zhao-ming-and-miao-ying-lord-of-cataclysm-lite-mods?page=1). 

TWW3 mods.zip

Recently with the patch 5.03, the cataclysm spell mods no longer work and had to delete them/unsubscribe them from the mod manager. However, I copied their mod files for backup and have attached them here for anyone who wants to take on the authorship of these mods and expand/improve them with Yuan Bo and the future Cathayan dragons as the original author is no longer on the workshop. I have also attached screenshot images for illustration on their function for both Zhao Ming and Miao Ying

I really appreciate if anyone from the modding community can help (I am not a modder, too busy to learn and do modding full-time, and no interest in being an expert modder), as these were my favourite mods to play with as Grand Cathay.

0Send private message
5 months ago
May 17, 2024, 11:20:36 PM

I would be content as a leeway for each of the Cathayan Dragons to receive their corresponding cataclysm spells from the base game but restricted to 1-2 uses per battle with a slow recharge rate. However, this original modder from China (unfortunately forgotten his name as his account no longer exists) was one of the few who made them really look really unique for MY and ZM while giving that lore-friendly tone for these characters. I kept the lite version because I did not want to overuse them (the base one was unlimited but essentially made you win battles every time).

If you know of anyone who might be interested in this mod, show them this thread please.

0Send private message
5 months ago
May 19, 2024, 9:03:26 AM

Hey guys

Just an update, I took it upon myself to get them to rework for my own personal use (without uploading them to the workshop) by creating and renaming a new version of the mod files and upload them to the game's data directory, and therefore am now able to use them without any issues (i.e. they work now).

As a next ideal step, I would like to upload them to the workshop, primarily as a platform/invite for any full-time/committed modder wanting to take on these mods and expand them with Yuan Bo and eventually Li Dao and Yin Yin once they come out as DLC. While uploading them would also give TWW fans a lot of enjoyment and pleasure, I have no desire to be a modder and unfortunately have little time to commit to updating them regularly given my work commitments, and hence it is more of getting in contact with an expert modder who has a lot more creative skill/knowledge with this kind of work.

However, I am not 100% sure of the potential issues with uploading mods to the workshop made by original modders whose accounts are defunct or no longer exist on the workshop (I have tried to search for these same mods on the workshop in roder to find the name of the original modder but to no avail). I have seen other modders on the workshop been given permission to upload mods by the original authors while giving them name and credit of their work, but unfortunately as mentioned in my earlier post I cannot remember the username of the original Chinese modder/author of the respective (as their account unexpectedly became defunct or disappeared), and do not want to cross into any infringement or intellectual copyright issue (as outlined in the uploading mod to workshop agreement and terms). Therefore, I would appreciate any advice or guidance on this matter.

A couple of follow-up questions, when using mods not uploaded to and/or derived from the workshop (i.e. personal use) for each DLC and patch update, do you have to delete and reinsert the mod into the data directory every time, and do they potentially cause main issues with the game while present in the data directory file (e.g. causing it to shut down every time you launch the game, preventing or inhibiting the patches/DLC to install properly)?

Many thanks

0Send private message
4 months ago
May 27, 2024, 11:46:40 PM

Hi! these mods were my favorite when I used to play the game, I just recently downloaded the game again and was disappointed to see them removed, I'd greatly appreciate if you could share how you got it to work.

0Send private message
4 months ago
May 29, 2024, 11:36:08 AM

Hi Comienist

Thank you for the message, and you are first person I have heard from the community who has used these mods in the past. Fortunately, I managed to save a copy of the files sometime after the original modder/author's account got deleted in case one of the future updates in TWW3 managed to stop them from running (which it finally did in patch 5.0). After looking on a number of forums, as mentioned in my last post, all I did was create and rename a new version/copy of each of the mod files (basically took out a segment of the file name for both the mod and the screenshot image), and then uploaded them to the game's data directory which worked when they popped up in the mod manager. This was a pretty simple/easy process once i figured it out as it does not require you having to use the mod assembly kit. However, I was hoping to get a response from the community if mods not uploaded directly to the workshop (only mod manager) still continue to work or operate when future patches come through or if I have to delete and reupload them every time a new patch arrives.

Because I have not received advice/guidance on the matter, as stated in the previous post, I am very hesitant at this stage to put them up directly in the workshop without infringing on CA's terms and conditions with modding, and not knowing the original creator's username I do not want to risk creative copyright issues and take credit from him.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment