Walking Animation for Thorgrim Grudgebearer on Campaign map
PC
Steam
3 months ago
Jul 5, 2024, 8:50:59 PM

On the campaign map, when Thorgrim's army marches to a destination, the model representing his character doesn't animate correctly and appears to defy gravity. I am not using any mods and I am using the latest update (5.1 with the release of Karanak as FLC).

Instead of Thorgrim's throne-bearers carrying him across the map with their feet leveled with the ground, the model has Thorgrim's throne suddenly turns 180 degrees around (facing backward) and rotates 90 degrees (tilting backwards). 

The two dwarf models holding the rear of the throne clip through the ground as the two dwarf models at the front dangle in the air. All four dwarfs and Thorgrim himself are positioned horizontally, facing the direction they came from. 

The dwarfs still perform their walking animation and the throne jostles from their movement, but the complete model stays in this upended and backward position until it reaches its destination. 

When the model stops marching on the campaign map, the model returns to its intended position: upright and leveled with the ground, facing forward.

To my knowledge, this animation error does not affect anything else in the campaign. It does not freeze the computer screen and the game does not crash because of it.

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
Select Thorgrim Grudgebearer on the Campaign map.
Step 2
Select a destination on the Campaign map for Thorgrim's army to move towards.
Step 3
Thorgrim's model rotates and tilts backward as it performs the walking animation.
Step 4
At Thorgrim's destination or when he has expended his movement, the model reorients itself.
Screenshots
screenshot
General information
Category
Sub-category
Campaign
Graphics / UI
Platform
Distribution
Game version
PC
Steam
[ARCHIVED] 5.1.0 - 27624
0Send private message
Were you able to reproduce the bug reported by Alburton#4642?
Upvote
Upvote gauge
Fixed
CurrentDev.Username
Dev
CA_Liam#6659
Hey there! This should now be resolved as of 5.1.2 :)
Votes
Make your voice count
When will the bug be reviewed?
We try to look at all bug reports, but the more players confirm encountering a bug by upvoting it, the higher we will prioritize it. Investigating
How can I contribute?
In your next game, try to reproduce this bug. If you consider the bug important, click to upvote it.
upvote
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
Basic Information
Please describe the bug you found and what you were doing just before it. You will have an opportunity to share any relevant files and screenshots later.
continue