Warriors of Chaos crash on exiting character menu
PC
Steam
3 months ago
Jun 22, 2024, 4:43:35 PM

​Warriors of Chaos appear to have an issue with crashing after exiting a character's menu to the main campaign map.  This often happens at the end of my turns when I am assigning skill points to characters.  After assigning the points on one character then hitting the checkmark at the bottom of the screen to return to the campaign map, the campaign map shows up locked onto the character you were just working on.  The game immediately freezes and crashes to the desktop.

I've had this happen multiple times during WoC campaigns over the past few months, on both modded and unmodded playthroughs.  The crashing gets so bad into late campaigns due to the sheer number of characters you have at that point, which increases the chance that a crash will occur.

I have seen no pattern to the crashes - such as a particular character, type of hero, etc. that causes the crash.  It appears to be random - at least, to me.

Here is a Reddit thread where I found some other people have been reporting the same issue: Crashing when using Skillpoint for Warriors of Chaos : r/totalwarhammer (reddit.com)

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
Enter character menu to assign skill points using notification
Step 2
Assign skill points
Step 3
Return to campaign map using checkmark button at bottom of character menu
Step 4
Freeze for 10-15 seconds on campaign map then CTD
Screenshots
screenshot
General information
Category
Sub-category
Crashes
Campaign
Platform
Distribution
Game version
PC
Steam
[ARCHIVED] 5.0.5 - 27472
0Send private message
Were you able to reproduce the bug reported by ArdentFlame#2090?
Upvote
Upvote gauge
Known Issue
CurrentDev.Username
Dev
CA_Liam#6659
Hey there, we've had a fair amount of reports for this and it is a low reproduction rate, even with saves. Please do attach the dump file if you do get this crash (%AppData%\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer3\crash_report) - This is something we're looking into but more data is always welcome :)
Votes
Make your voice count
When will the bug be reviewed?
We try to look at all bug reports, but the more players confirm encountering a bug by upvoting it, the higher we will prioritize it. Investigating
How can I contribute?
In your next game, try to reproduce this bug. If you consider the bug important, click to upvote it.
upvote
Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Jun 22, 2024, 4:48:37 PM
PC
Steam
[ARCHIVED] 5.0.5 - 27472

I tried uploading my savegame file but it's bigger than 50 MB and the website won't allow a file bigger than that.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Jun 29, 2024, 1:07:14 AM
PC
Steam
[ARCHIVED] 5.0.5 - 27472

My crash .mdmp is bigger than 50 mb.  Is there a different way to upload it?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
Basic Information
Please describe the bug you found and what you were doing just before it. You will have an opportunity to share any relevant files and screenshots later.
continue