Pharaoh's players

Copied to clipboard!
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 7:50:15 PM

https://steamdb.info/app/1937780/charts/

Only from Steam, as in Epic these figures are not accessible. These figures are atrocious. Rome II actually had more players on Steam today than Pharaoh. Following the release of Shadows of Change, Warhammer III's numbers increased almost twice as much as Pharaoh's total number. The second worst performer on release date was Rome Remastered, which had more than three times more players than Pharaoh. Of course, many have purchased it in Epic and the numbers will slightly rise in the weekend, but I still found its performance disappointing. Steam reviews are currently sitting on mixed (58%), but their number is pretty low (just 98 reviews).

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 8:03:03 PM

Apparently, this is the worst launch performance in Total War history. But we can't blame anyone for that, as it's a result of the goodwill that CA has shown to users recently.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 8:22:09 PM

it will be released on epic store in 2024 so I don't think it will make statistics.

it's terrible, the game is nice, nothing sensational but fun at least for 300 hours of play.

I agree , this is the tangible result of the loss of credibility of a company that no longer recognizes itself.

had it been sold as a saga, it would have made the same numbers but with more intellectual honesty. people are not stupid.

It's a shame because the game has nothing to do with it

Updated 7 months ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 8:48:53 PM

Comments I heard 10000 times:

1. No way this is the next full historical
  2. That is a huge price tag for what it looks like
  3. It looks heavily based on Troy which was half the price.

No way CA can be surprised by the reception.  They had months to collect feedback and react if they wanted to.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 9:04:07 PM

I hope I don't have to worry about the DLC I've already bought.

Rather, I hope CA listens carefully to what users expect

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 9:25:10 PM

If anyone thinks CA was expecting this game to to match releases such as WH3, 3K or even R2 then they should lay off the gas.

This was certainly a game created on the cheap compared to other big titles. This game will make a profit and I assume that’s what they’re bothered about until something substantial comes a long like 3K2 or 40KTW.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 10:36:21 PM
Wanderer34#7612 wrote:

I could care less.  I'm having fun.  

How selfish of you! You are not contributing to righting the great wrongs. Showing solidarity with the dissatisfied masses; etc., etc. etc.

Well ... neither am I actually.

I too am enjoying this rich, deep game. The way the AI relates to the player's faction is vastly superior to WH3, where the AI's main mission is "destroy the player!" I'll go back to WH3, but it will be a while, as I am having too much fun exploring this title. Several hundred hours into it, I suspect I'll only be scratching the surface.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 10:43:39 PM

Oh its already dipping.

Honestly i Don't think this is CA Sofias issue

They were just dealt a lot of bad cards. 

Paying for mistakes by the HQ leaders and their bad decisions.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 11:21:59 PM

to be fair the game has the best visuals till date , sad to see my fav game loss its potential. 

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 11:26:39 PM

yeah this launch is very poor. I was initially interested in the time period of this title. however, as I watched reviews from multiple people, I decided to steer clear. Not to mention the price. It's $99.95 AUD on steam, also doesn't help. 

Updated 7 months ago.
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 11:28:51 PM

Thought I'd have a quick check.

It's doing the same numbers on release that Thrones of Britannia did a fortnight after.

Even if CA have released a Troy reskin, so cheap to make, and sold at an inflated price, it is highly unlikely to have made money on this.

Feel a little sorry for CA Sophia, it doesn't seem a bad game per se, just overpriced and people are just not willing to give CA any cash at the moment after SoC.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 11:55:11 PM

Business type discussion.  Moved.

Updated 7 months ago.
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 12, 2023, 1:40:56 AM

The sad thing is that CA higher-ups will probably just say "see? It's the fault of the no-fantasy, bodyguards, actually traditional historical game features etc. that won't sell anymore"

Suits see only what they want to see, smh

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 12, 2023, 2:03:33 AM
davedave1124#4773 wrote:

If anyone thinks CA was expecting this game to to match releases such as WH3, 3K or even R2 then they should lay off the gas.

This was certainly a game created on the cheap compared to other big titles. This game will make a profit and I assume that’s what they’re bothered about until something substantial comes a long like 3K2 or 40KTW.

It was obviously not going to sell as well as a major title like 3K2 or Med 3 or whatever but still, player peak is even worse than Thrones of Britannia, another saga game with no hype.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 12, 2023, 4:44:48 AM

I love this game, no idea why there's so much hate

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 12, 2023, 5:04:46 AM
Amandila#4768 wrote:

I love this game, no idea why there's so much hate

I'm going to play it for many hundreds of hours before I go back to WH3 or Rome II DEI. I like both WH3 and Rome 2 DEI mod, but I know I'm going to have many hours of enjoyment with TW Pharaoh. I don't care what it cost; I don't care how WH has been supported; I don't care what anyone at CA had to say about games' cost. The game stands on its own for me. Why would I let anything other than my enjoyment have any meaning whatsoever? 

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 12, 2023, 5:16:56 AM

as I said:

if they had the honesty to call him

"a total war saga: Pharaoh"

and if they had sold it for €49, it would have had higher numbers than these.

Unfortunately, greed pays the price here too.

0Send private message
0Send private message
Comment