How I think should be a Mythos DLC for Pharaoh

Copied to clipboard!
14 days ago
May 6, 2024, 11:13:08 AM

Mythos for Pharaoh should be softer than Ages of Mythology, think of just a cherry on top of the historical game or an extra flavour, this does mean each god should have no more than a couple of mythical units shared per culture, and one mythical unit per god and a single divine spell per God. An usual mythical unit could be the god itself incarnated in the battle, this would help doing half of the myth part for cultures like hittites.

I think even in mythical Pharaoh should keep all other things most interesting by keeping everything else as realistic as possible. Egyptians could have in common summon one Ammnyt, the monster that usually eats the heart of bad people after death. The other mythical would depend on the egyptian god. Like for Horus: a giant golden falcon or similar, and for Seth a giant black 

b25c2e7ac324adda37226a8841601575.jpgflat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

MwUjeTM9_400x400.jpg
Seth:seth animal0.jpgdescarga.jpgI'll update this post with your ideas

0Send private message
11 days ago
May 9, 2024, 2:51:49 AM

I don't mind the idea of a "mythos" DLC (I bought all of the DLC for TW Troy)... but not if it comes at the expense of "minor faction" DLCs to populate the map.  I'd rather see playable Libya, Kush, Arzawa, Israel, Ugarit, Carchemish, Elam, etc. 

Updated 11 days ago.
0Send private message
11 days ago
May 9, 2024, 10:28:42 AM

Would gadly like to see a Mythos mode for Pharaoh as the cherry on top for late 2025 - early 2026, but first, Pharaoh needs to become the best Historical Bronze Age experience ever made (which is what this game aspires to).

0Send private message
10 days ago
May 9, 2024, 3:47:28 PM

Big NO!
Pharaoh is a historical game. Post your myth ideas in Troy.
You can't request Mythos DLC for every game.

0Send private message
10 days ago
May 9, 2024, 3:52:53 PM

There should not be a mythos DLC because this game is entirely historical.

0Send private message
10 days ago
May 9, 2024, 4:44:05 PM

Exactly! First Mesopotamia, Mycenae, and a few more, and after feels historically complete as the cherry on top: Mythos DLC would be perfect. We shouldn't forgot between 60% to 70% fans of Troy did prefer Mythos. Mythology has more fans than just pure historical bronze age alone. The blend of a very historical bronze age and mythos is very interesting for more players.

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

Would gadly like to see a Mythos mode for Pharaoh as the cherry on top for late 2025 - early 2026, but first, Pharaoh needs to become the best Historical Bronze Age experience ever made (which is what this game aspires to).

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message
10 days ago
May 10, 2024, 1:15:48 AM

I prefer Truth Behind the Myth in TW Troy lol.  I think it captures the “legendary” feeling of Homer’s epic without all the obvious mythic details.  I’m also tracking that I may be a minority.  

Ekix#9944 wrote:

Exactly! First Mesopotamia, Mycenae, and a few more, and after feels historically complete as the cherry on top: Mythos DLC would be perfect. We shouldn't forgot between 60% to 70% fans of Troy did prefer Mythos. Mythology has more fans than just pure historical bronze age alone. The blend of a very historical bronze age and mythos is very interesting for more players.

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

0Send private message
10 days ago
May 10, 2024, 5:16:48 AM

1) Pharaoh takes place in a very interesting setting (Bronze Age collapse) that has rarely been explored, and CA should focus on exploring that setting as much as possible before entertaining the idea of introducing fantastical elements to the game.

2) CA has already state Pharaoh is focused on history vs Troy's "truth and myth" approach

3) Why would you develop something that could take away resources from elsewhere, like introducing the Elamites or Israelites to the game, which are both widely requested.

0Send private message
10 days ago
May 10, 2024, 8:28:40 AM

I'm totally not interested in "Mythos" and I can say I hate those fantasy stuffs on historical title like Total War: Pharaoh. 
This game is about Bronze Age Collapse and CA should focus on the civilizations, cultures of that period of time.

0Send private message
10 days ago
May 10, 2024, 10:37:14 AM

Stop poisining TW historical games!!!! TW is a Historical game. You learn more about History than in your lifetime. Stop ruining this !!!

It is people like you with your childish mind that have influentiated TW on going to phantasy and destroyed the essence of TW that is History! You prefer phantasy you can find many other games about it, go there, or create a mod.

0Send private message
10 days ago
May 10, 2024, 10:54:14 AM

why you don't create a mod to play old TW games with fancy new graphics? stop trying to command like old fogey, stop posting your fuddy-duddy opinions to silence us, we are all customers and both deserve to be listened. 

I don't ask for a nonsense fantasy game, is not the same a Mythos game with a cool historic foundation than a Warhammer. Many people than doesn't like fantasy games and doesn't care of Warhammer are absolutely in love with mythologies of the bronze age. 

A  heavy in mythology game is easy to get immersed in even for non fantasy players, and both can coexist, that's why sooner or later Pharaoh must have a Mythos DLC, even if you don't like it. 

oOIYvYIOo#4650 wrote:

Stop poisining TW historical games!!!! TW is a Historical game. You learn more about History than in your lifetime. Stop ruining this !!!

It is people like you with your childish mind that have influentiated TW on going to phantasy and destroyed the essence of TW that is History! You prefer phantasy you can find many other games about it, go there, or create a mod.

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message
9 days ago
May 10, 2024, 2:35:46 PM

Maybe we can launch history mode and myth mode, players can freely choose the style of the game, so that the game can be realistic style or magical style, which will not change the historical attributes of the pharaohs, the mythology of ancient Egypt is also very fascinating, Adding mythological creatures to a historical Total War with a lot of detail is different from a Fantasy Total War without a lot of detail, and there are a lot of players who like historical Total War and Fantasy Total War.

oOIYvYIOo#4650 wrote:

0Send private message
9 days ago
May 10, 2024, 3:28:27 PM

Let's add a historical mode without single entity heroes, monsters, or spells to Warhammer. Players can freely choose the style of the game, so that the game can be realistic style or magical style, which will not change the overall Warhammer experience. It would be very different from a historical Total War game. 

ZWY#7702 wrote:

Maybe we can launch history mode and myth mode, players can freely choose the style of the game, so that the game can be realistic style or magical style, which will not change the historical attributes of the pharaohs, the mythology of ancient Egypt is also very fascinating, Adding mythological creatures to a historical Total War with a lot of detail is different from a Fantasy Total War without a lot of detail, and there are a lot of players who like historical Total War and Fantasy Total War.

oOIYvYIOo#4650 wrote:

0Send private message
9 days ago
May 10, 2024, 4:23:16 PM

Obviously Pharaoh will need both modes to be completed.  Mythology mode could be better implemented than in Troy, with depth, and detail from the already amazing Pharaoh's religious system, it would be more succesful with its historical foundation, turning Pharaoh into the best late bronze age of all time. 

Mythologies from Egypt, Babylon, and Assyria alltogether with Greeks would be a complete success, a bestselling bomb in the game market because never have been developed in a Total War game before.

ZWY#7702 wrote:

oOIYvYIOo#4650 wrote:

K.  Let's do Pharaoh Mythos DLC the sooner the better

Updated 9 days ago.
0Send private message
9 days ago
May 10, 2024, 4:55:22 PM

I don't understand why some of you guys are comparing the Mythos Mode to Warhammer. These are two very different experience, with their own respective qualities and mechanics. Besides, there are people who love mythology without having any interest whatsoever for Warhammer.

Pharaoh's ​primary goal is to become the greatest and purely historical Bronze Age experience made, and I clearly want them to achieve that goal before attempting anything else with the game. The Bronze Age is an interesting period to cover, that has never been tackled by the Total War series before, and deserves the greatest amount of work and love possible with new cultures/civilizations of that era, interesting mechanics that fit a pure historical title and so on. A Total War doesn't necessarily need to have fantasy elements to be a great experience, even though Warhammer was a nice addition to the series.

But if the game eventually manage to have some form of success and become the great Historical Bronze Age we wanted, if there's not content left nothing stops them from making a great Mythos mode to top it off. People who are just interested in the purely historical experience would not be forced to play it or buy it and I would definitely like to see a Mythos mode 'à la Troy' added to Pharaoh further down the line. Because this would have so much potential to experience an Age of Mythology: Total War. Even though I maintain that I clearly want them to focus on the Historical aspect first.

0Send private message
9 days ago
May 10, 2024, 5:52:20 PM

Yes, I agree

Thomashu#5291 wrote:

Pharaoh's ​primary goal is to become the greatest and purely historical Bronze Age experience made, and I clearly want them to achieve that goal before attempting anything else with the game. The Bronze Age is an interesting period to cover, that has never been tackled by the Total War series before, and deserves the greatest amount of work and love possible with new cultures/civilizations of that era, interesting mechanics that fit a pure historical title and so on. A Total War doesn't necessarily need to have fantasy elements to be a great experience, even though Warhammer was a nice addition to the series.

But if the game eventually manage to have some form of success and become the great Historical Bronze Age we wanted, if there's not content left nothing stops them from making a great Mythos mode to top it off. People who are just interested in the purely historical experience would not be forced to play it or buy it and I would definitely like to see a Mythos mode 'à la Troy' added to Pharaoh further down the line. Because this would have so much potential to experience an Age of Mythology: Total War. Even though I maintain that I clearly want them to focus on the Historical aspect first.

Updated 9 days ago.
0Send private message
9 days ago
May 11, 2024, 6:46:34 AM

Yes, it can be done, as a separate history mode does not affect Warhammer's magic mode, and even provides more gameplay.

Darios#5306 wrote:

Let's add a historical mode without single entity heroes, monsters, or spells to Warhammer. Players can freely choose the style of the game, so that the game can be realistic style or magical style, which will not change the overall Warhammer experience. It would be very different from a historical Total War game. 

ZWY#7702 wrote:

oOIYvYIOo#4650 wrote:

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 days ago
May 12, 2024, 1:19:05 PM

Mythos is a must have DLC for Pharaoh once expansion of cultures is complete

Between 60% to 70% prefers Mythos mode in Troy, and Pharaoh has even more attractive mythologies, is a great opportunity!

0Send private message
7 days ago
May 12, 2024, 6:02:54 PM

Nope, CA needs to go either for historical authenticity or pure fantasy and myth. Something halfway between satisfies few, and is usually extremely unambitious as the design is confused from the beginning. 

I've enjoyed games based on historical mythology but really did not like Troy's confused approach. Either one or the other and Pharaoh is already committed to historical authenticity, it makes no sense to try and switch now at this late date. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment