Where's the blood DLC?

Copied to clipboard!
4 months ago
Jan 16, 2024, 9:16:39 PM

I put the game aside shortly after its release, because for me the sight of bloodless combat really takes away from the atmosphere. I am happy for the free DLC, but please CA add blood and gore as soon as possible!

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 16, 2024, 9:33:08 PM

It shouldn't be difficult to do, I think just take Troy's.

if we're lucky it will come right after High Tide

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 17, 2024, 6:54:17 PM

Here's my simple theory:

Since they're probably planning to combine Troy and Pharaoh at some point in the near future, they don't want to make the people who own Pharaoh + Troy and its respective blood pack pay twice.

So I'm expecting to see the Blood Pack for Pharaoh once the Bronze Age 'Immortal Empire' experience happens.

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 17, 2024, 8:09:32 PM
  1. They made tons of new animations (every weapon vs weapon)
  2. Each new blood animation needs to be synced with attack animation
  3. Multiply that amount of work and time
  4. ...
  5. Yep
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 18, 2024, 2:03:21 PM

I just want to pile on here to say that while I love this time period and appreciate some of CA's PR moves recently, I cannot support/purchase this game until you provide a way to implement Blood and Gore effects in the game.

As has been said a million times before, warfare without such effects feels incredibly silly. 

I really doubt that your biggest demographic is really the under 18 crowd. So that can't be the excuse. 

Please release blood effects, even if it is a paid dlc again. 

Until then, count me as another longtime Total War fan that is holding out on this great looking game. 

I think it should have been available at launch or very soon after. I'm disappointed that it still is not ready, and now I hear rumors that it will never release :/ 

I cant believe that. I assume you just dont want to alienate fans again by forcing them to pay for a feature that should be free, regardless of your rating reasons.

An update on that feature being implemented, if it's going to come ect, would be very, very appreciated!

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 24, 2024, 7:25:26 PM

I haven't played the game just waiting for the blood and gore dlc. I really hope they release it soon!

CA do you have any information regarding this?

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 25, 2024, 12:31:30 PM
lxndr#5959 wrote:

I just want to pile on here to say that while I love this time period and appreciate some of CA's PR moves recently, I cannot support/purchase this game until you provide a way to implement Blood and Gore effects in the game.

As has been said a million times before, warfare without such effects feels incredibly silly. 

I really doubt that your biggest demographic is really the under 18 crowd. So that can't be the excuse. 

Please release blood effects, even if it is a paid dlc again. 

Until then, count me as another longtime Total War fan that is holding out on this great looking game. 

I think it should have been available at launch or very soon after. I'm disappointed that it still is not ready, and now I hear rumors that it will never release :/ 

I cant believe that. I assume you just dont want to alienate fans again by forcing them to pay for a feature that should be free, regardless of your rating reasons.

An update on that feature being implemented, if it's going to come ect, would be very, very appreciated!

Agreed.  Part of it too is that without the implementation of blood effects, when you zoom in, combat looks kind of silly- animations just look like troops swinging weapons at mid air.  Really takes away from the experience.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 25, 2024, 2:00:44 PM

January is over

February there is Shadow of change 2.0

March...

April Thrones of decay

well I think we'll see them in March

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 26, 2024, 1:21:28 PM
toskyrun#2614 wrote:

January is over

March...

April Thrones of decay

Definitely plausible.  I wonder if the dynastic system will be ready by then too?

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 26, 2024, 7:10:39 PM

I hope that the blood pact comes with a FLC such as a new playable Hittite or Egyptian faction. Considering how news and updates for this game have been slow, something as small as a blood pact should come with something a bit more substantial to engage the fanbase. 

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 27, 2024, 11:47:26 PM

I hereby promise that I will buy this game as soon as they release the blood dlc, because it got me hooked to be honest.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 28, 2024, 8:23:26 AM

now that I'm playing as Iolaos destroying and looting... the blood pack has become an urgent requirement

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 28, 2024, 11:23:44 AM
toskyrun#2614 wrote:

January is over

March...

April Thrones of decay

This, alongside other core mechanics like mortal Lords, succession, etc...

May = new culture(s) + map expansion?

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 29, 2024, 12:13:17 PM
Thomashu#5291 wrote:
toskyrun#2614 wrote:

January is over

March...

April Thrones of decay

I hope so, and I think that next may be Greece because I noticed two things:

- Sea Peoples are now split into two subcultures, one of them are "Aegean sea raiders" (not sure 100% if it's translated 1:1 because I am playing with non-English version of game)

- Half of Sea People factions (Weshesh, Ekwesh and Denyen) are using Greek names for their generals now - at game launch, all of them used the same set of Etruscan names.

However, I also noticed interesting notes in loading screen texts - few of them are mentioning young ruler of Ugarit, Ammurapi who is one of few known historical figures of Bronze Age collapse. So there are also other possibilities...

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 30, 2024, 3:09:51 AM
Thomashu#5291 wrote:
toskyrun#2614 wrote:

January is over

March...

April Thrones of decay

The aging/dynasty system is highly anticipated, but it’s far more complex than people think.  

Setnacht(sp) is Ramses father… When he dies, what happens to those factions?  Tausret(sp) and Seti are married… When they have kids, what happens to those factions?  All of this will affect game balance, and needs to be built from scratch.  

Also, every character will need to have multiple stages of aging depicted, which will require a system that tracks character age and provides the right visuals… those different aged visuals will need to be created.

These are just a few of the ideas that come to mind.  Personally, I think March is optimistic, but if CA can pull it off, I’m not complaining.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 30, 2024, 7:09:46 AM
Tater#4412 wrote:
Thomashu#5291 wrote:
toskyrun#2614 wrote:

January is over

March...

April Thrones of decay

The aging/dynasty system is highly anticipated, but it’s far more complex than people think.  

Setnacht(sp) is Ramses father… When he dies, what happens to those factions?  Tausret(sp) and Seti are married… When they have kids, what happens to those factions?  All of this will affect game balance, and needs to be built from scratch.  

Also, every character will need to have multiple stages of aging depicted, which will require a system that tracks character age and provides the right visuals… those different aged visuals will need to be created.

These are just a few of the ideas that come to mind.  Personally, I think March is optimistic, but if CA can pull it off, I’m not complaining.

be careful because mortal generals does not mean that there is a dynastic system: it could also be a simple succession of any general of our faction.

obviously I hope not, but I don't remember them specifying the question

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 22, 2024, 9:07:39 PM

I'm probably of the minority that doesn't really see the point of a dynastic system in this game. As previously mentioned, what happens to the Ramesses faction once Ramesses dies? Exactly how long is the historical timeframe of a game that strives to highlight a spect flashpoint in history - the Bronze Age Collapse? It'll be interesting to see what the devs decide to make out of that. Personally I wouldn't touch it. 

Looking forward to some Blood and Gore whenever it's ready. My favorite aspect about the B&G Pack from Troy was that it implemented tropaions onto the campaign map. Added a neat bit of color and flair to the Heroic Age. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 22, 2024, 10:56:27 PM
Darios#5306 wrote:

I'm probably of the minority that doesn't really see the point of a dynastic system in this game. As previously mentioned, what happens to the Ramesses faction once Ramesses dies? Exactly how long is the historical timeframe of a game that strives to highlight a spect flashpoint in history - the Bronze Age Collapse? It'll be interesting to see what the devs decide to make out of that. Personally I wouldn't touch it. 

Looking forward to some Blood and Gore whenever it's ready. My favorite aspect about the B&G Pack from Troy was that it implemented tropaions onto the campaign map. Added a neat bit of color and flair to the Heroic Age. 

Honestly, I think the dynasty system coming is evidence for major (not minor) map expansion(s).  I’m thinking all of Greece and  Mesopotamia.  Regions in TW Pharaoh are massive (which is great!  More field battles), so increasing the map to these massive levels will increase the turns it takes to conquer.  Thus, a dynasty system allows for this longer campaign to remain immersive.

TW Pharaoh continues forward into time with no end date (with its turns tied to 1/6 of a year).  TW Troy isn’t like this, as the game is constrained into the decade that the war took in Homer’s rendition.  TW Troy is based on Homer, and should be experienced as such.  The start to end of any campaign equals the ten year Trojan War, no matter how many turns that takes the player.  It is a constrained story.  TW Pharaoh is more like traditional historical titles due to years being applied in-game.

The Bronze Age collapse took almost a century or two for the whole region (with Ramses III’s dynasty lasting around 150 years).  The Sea People made up only a small portion of this in the early 12th century BCE.  This is captured in game by the Sea People being an early-to-mid game threat.  The late game is all about consolidation after the destruction they cause, and then asserting influence (conquest) over the other powers that survive.

If that makes sense?

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment