Triple DLC is the only way forward.

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
Sep 12, 2024, 10:47:14 PM

CA, please do not mess up another good thing you have going here.

It only makes sense that this game is on a limited timeline. You have a successful configuration here with 1 Game 3 Faction, and 2 Game 1/2 Factions in a DLC.

I cant even be bothered to list the factions in need of update, others have already done so, but with only 2 years left, and the snails pace of release, we are in no way a position to go back to 2 Faction DLCs.

3 Factions per DLC, 3 DLC a year (just stop with the massive self inflicted wounds) and 2 years, gets us 6 Release windows, 5 DLC and 1 DoW Release.

Dont waste time on getting Game 3's minor supporting cast over 4 LL's, there is no need. Update everyone else, fix the major bugs, fix the Sieges, and go on to 40K knowing you did what you could to pull Game 3 out of the fire it was released in.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 12, 2024, 10:50:11 PM

Who said there was two years left? Has CA said that? I seem to recall them saying they have a looooong list of things to do.

And good luck trying to get ToD-level projects done in only 4 months.

If CA has shown us anything, it is that we have the time to get it right. Let the quality take the time its due.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 12, 2024, 11:06:05 PM

This just reads like you not wanting more Cathay content, so you don't want any game 3 races getting more content to ensure that

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 12, 2024, 11:57:26 PM

Surge, go touch some grass, all you do is go around like a gremlin trying to spread doom and gloom with your nonsense idea about only 2 more years of support, when the devs have been crystal clear that the game has way more content to be added.

Honestly, at this point it just feels like you never got over the fact that Cathay is a thing, which after all this time is just sad.

If you don't have anything interesting to say, don't say anything.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 12:20:09 AM

I've never even mentioned cathay. There isnt a single Game 3 faction that should go over 4 LL's. Its simple unnecessary bloat when Elves (x3), Norsca, Beastmen, Vampires, TK, Lizards, Skaven, all need their updates and DoW still needs to be done.

If we are REALLY locked in on 2 releases a year? Thats absolutely dire.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 1:20:18 AM

Do you think we were born yesterday or what?

We know that you hate Cathay, the redesigned Kislev and the MonoGods, because you have been hating on them for years now, we don't need you to outright state it to know what this post is about.

As I said, go touch some grass and don't bother to come back until you have something actually worthwhile to say instead of this poorly veiled attempt at once again hating on the WH3 Races.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 2:11:18 AM

7.0 Slaanesh(Dechala) + HEs(Aislinn) + DEs(Tullaris)
8.0 Dogs of War (Borgio + Lucrezzia + Marco + Lietpold)
9.0 Vampire Bloodlines (Walach + Neferata + Zacharias + Ushoran)
10.0 Norsca(Sayl) + Cathay(MK) + Skaven(Thanquol)
11.0 Undead Legions(Nagash) + TKs(Sehenesmet) + VCoast(Zheng Shih)
12.0 BM(Ghorros) + Bretonnia(Bohemond) + WEs(Araloth)

Surge_2#1464 wrote:
with only 2 years left

Oh shut up.

​​

Surge_2#1464 wrote:
If we are REALLY locked in on 2 releases a year? Thats absolutely dire.

Do agree with this though.  Cause it's more like 1 and a half.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 2:32:12 AM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:
Do you think we were born yesterday or what?

You seem upset.

I said 'no need to go over 4'.

As of today?

Ogres - 2

Khorne - 1 (LOL)

Nurgle - 3

Slaanesh - 1 (LOL)

Tzeentch - 2 (LOL)

cathay - 3

Kislev - 4

Obviously, we are getting Ogres and Khorne next, so lets just count the rest.

​Nurgle - 3

Slaanesh - 1 (LOL)

Tzeentch - 2 (LOL)

cathay - 3

Kislev - 4

Slaanesh is dire, thats a DLC or 2.

Nurgle could still get 1.

Tzeentch was screwed over, some FLC at the very least there. Notice how they downplayed Egrimm? lol

cathay will obviously get the Monkey King at a minimum.

Kislev is very well rounded now, and in danger of just being bloated out. Is there really anything wrong with suggesting Kislev is done?

I feel your response is unwarranted, as all I've ever wanted is the best for the entire game, while being more realistic than some of the folks here.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 2:53:44 AM

Surge_2#1464 wrote:
Kislev is very well rounded now, and in danger of just being bloated out. Is there really anything wrong with suggesting Kislev is done?

I'm not a Kislev fan, but it would be nice to get a Cossack LL for them.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:00:08 AM

SerPus#7395 wrote:

Yeah well, we got a hobo and they decided to downplay the rest of what made Kislev what it was, thanks nuGW.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:03:39 AM

Surge_2#1464 wrote:

SerPus#7395 wrote:

Yeah well, we got a hobo and they decided to downplay the rest of what made Kislev what it was, thanks nuGW.

What are you talking about?

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:09:53 AM

I personally think support into 2027 is not impossible, but I'd generally agree that yes the window is closing a bit on WH3. I'm not too worried though, I personally think 5-6 DLC(excluding the upcoming one) is perfectly fine for finishing up the series. Only wrinkle is 40K, and when it comes out. Like if TW 40K comes out in 2026 I wouldn't expect a WH3 DLC in 2027, while if it comes out in 2027 I do think it's possible we'll get a last DLC or two. Just depends on the timeframe.

Either way I do think that after the next "Fantasy" game, whether that's something else or if it's WH40k coming out, at that point I expect the announcement that support for WH3 will be over. And given CA likes to release a game essentially anually or bi-anually if possible, I think it's likely coming sooner rather than later. I would expect the next Historical game to either come out or at least be announced next year(though I think release is very likely) leaving the next non-historical title to 2026-7. And I simply cannot see them supporting WH3 AND a new fantasy/sci-fi game at the same time. Eventually WH3 must end, and even if they speed up significantly(which I doubt) I still can't see more than like 6 DLC coming, and that's generous IMO.

Now, I do disagree with your choices though. IMO Cathay could absolutely squeeze themselves into a third DLC, even with the limited slots. I also expect Empire to get another DLC personally, simply too many characters and units are missing. Meanwhile, especially since they announced they'd have more intensive reworks as free interim updates, IMO factions like Lizardmen, Wood Elves, Dark Elves etc. can easily get by without a single DLC. TK and Coast likewise are in a similar boat, though they could probably use it more, especially TK(who doesn't want the Khemric Titan?). I don't think every single race in game right now from WH1 and 2 needs to be in a DLC. Updates yes, but we have updates coming for free, not DLC.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:11:31 AM

SerPus#7395 wrote:

There was some commentary when Kislev got their last DLC about how they wanted to downplay the Ungol/Cossack stuff.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:25:52 AM

Surge_2#1464 wrote:

SerPus#7395 wrote:

There was some commentary when Kislev got their last DLC about how they wanted to downplay the Ungol/Cossack stuff.

They said that they don't want to focus at Ungol/Gospodar divide, but I don't see how that would stop them from adding horse-riding ranged LL.

AHumpierRogue#5296 wrote:
who doesn't want the Khemric Titan?

I don't. The design of it doesn't look interesting to me.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 3:39:33 AM

SerPus#7395 wrote:
They said that they don't want to focus at Ungol/Gospodar divide, but I don't see how that would stop them from adding horse-riding ranged LL.

Fair enough. I used the new Lord type on my playthrough for a few armies, it was good enough if I remember right.

0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 7:14:01 AM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Surge, go touch some grass, all you do is go around like a gremlin trying to spread doom and gloom with your nonsense idea about only 2 more years of support, when the devs have been crystal clear that the game has way more content to be added.

Honestly, at this point it just feels like you never got over the fact that Cathay is a thing, which after all this time is just sad.

If you don't have anything interesting to say, don't say anything.

Basically this. Couldn't have said it better. 

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 8:39:43 AM

The only way forward?

What's a difference between 3LL DLCs twice a year (6LL/year) and 2LL DLCs three times a year (6LL/year)?

It would be also fine if they decided to go 1LL packs, but more often, like once every 2 months

Either way the amount of content is the same

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 13, 2024, 10:00:28 AM

I would be okay with just 1 new legendary and new units to play with.

I would be even happier if they just did some "faction enhancement"-packs, where they just add maybe new generic lord, hero and some new units for cheaper. Not every update needs to be gameplay enchancer for a faction to me.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment