What would you prefer more WH DLC or new Total War game

A fully fleshed out WH world with minor factions and even new races like Ind, etc released over multiple DLC
Empire 2
Medieval 3
WW1
Rome 3
Hyboria - Conan
Warhammer 40K
Dungeons and Dragons
Warcraft
Lord of the Rings
Vote nowView results
Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 3:18:04 AM

So inspired by the Sega Poll here is one just for us. I think I hit the big ones, except Hyboria which is just my personal bias.

The poll doesn't let me do more than ten options so for your other options just put them in as comments.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 3:21:00 AM

Damn I wrote this thing and found it super hard to nail down to just one choice. So this is my top five:
1. Fully fleshed out WH world - so many DLC race and faction options that this could go for a long time.

2. Empire 2

3. Hyboria

4. WW1

5. 40K

Please answer the poll with your top one if you can and then expand your other choices in the comments.
I am super interested to see you choices.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 4:43:02 AM

1- "Finished" WH : add Ind /Khuresh (map + race), add DoW and Southern Realms, add Chaos Realm in some way in IE (at least a way to have the battle maps), expand Eastern Steppes, add Nippon and Tor Elithis... And Araby/Amazons.

2- Empire 2 (actually, NTW2 with a proper campaign map would be good).

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 4:44:43 AM

Even though I dont care about the minor races (since CA didnt even include Nippon on the map!) I'll take WH over anything else, as I dont know that I even have the patience/time/desire, to see 40K get done to a state Warhammer is in.

I can just play Skaven or CDwarves if I want a 40K army...

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 5:37:12 AM

I think I would prefer CA to start over don't really care if it was with Medieval 3, TWW40k, TWW30k, Warcraft or a cool D&D setting such as Planescape or even a smaller game like TW:Crusades or TW:Byzantium or something else that hits my interests.

If CA went hard for fixing the fundamental flaws of WH3 I would however buy DLC for years to come but so far it seems they might not even see the real problems with the game focusing on shiny content over the gritty details that need fixing. I like content but the game needs fixing, because some things can't be modded.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 5:38:46 AM

I prefer CA to finish Warhammer 3 so I won't feel like something important is missing. Especially things from the 8th army books and cool forge world monsters. I wouldn't even mind if CA made Warhammer 4 with races like Ind, Khuresh, Nippon, and Fishmen. 

The best scenario would be if we got Warhammer 40k Total War, and Warhammer 3 would remain alive and receive new content from the Old World. That way, I would have DLCs for two games to look forward to.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 5:44:22 AM

Warhammer. Finish this trilogy properly first. And I don't just mean more content, I mean making the game enjoyable and challenging.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 5:50:15 AM

Warhammer but the factions we know more about - Albion, Araby, Amazons, Halfings - and more dlc support towards war1/2 factions.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 7:14:14 AM

I don't want WH3 DLC to come at the cost of the next big historical title. Im originally a historical fan that was very sceptical to WH1, but I was converted over by WH2. I want WH3 to be as detailed as possible of course, but I really want an upgrade to either Medieval or Empire. And I am not into getting 40k at all.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 7:34:44 AM

Personally I don't care for Ind. I want to see the old races given as much of their content first. Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Elector Counts, Ghorros and so on. Stuff that's been around for years implemented into the game before we see new stuff. So far I'm a little on the fence about how GW are bringing Kislev and Cathay into the game. Look at Kislev with Chaos creatures to start. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 8:01:37 AM

I'd like to see (and play) Ind and Khuresh.
And Nippon.

My interest in 40k kind of wanes at the moment with the end of Horus Heresy coming about.

I would be interested in a GoT Total war but I have no idea how to implement a character-driven IP
and how to balance a game once one faction has DRAGONS!

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 8:41:02 AM

My priority is the Warhammer IP since I haven't played a historical since Rome 1. But I would definitely be interested in Medieval 3 and Empire 2. 

I kinda wish CA rebranded the TW historical series. "Total War - Medieval 3" is kind of a mouthful. Just start over. 

A Total War Warcraft is never happening btw. Blizzard would rather do it themselves than let another unaffiliated studio touch their original IP. 

Conan's Hyboria is an interesting idea I haven't seen before. Sadly I don't know enough about it to comment further.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 10:10:05 AM
davedave1124#4773 wrote:

I want 40k eventually but, they can continue to world build in WHFB until the world is fully covered in all its detail.

Yap, 40k and WH3 can coexist just fine. Its not that I will lose interst in WH3 if 40k would be released. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 12:45:25 PM
I will consider IE to be "fully" fleshed out when they add Hobgoblin Khanate, DoW, Ind and Khuresh and their corresponding lands, as well as the realms of chaos implemented in some way. Anything else is a a welcome bonus to me.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 9, 2024, 3:05:48 PM
Serkelet#1834 wrote:
I will consider IE to be "fully" fleshed out when they add Hobgoblin Khanate, DoW, Ind and Khuresh and their corresponding lands, as well as the realms of chaos implemented in some way.

I wouldn't be fully satisfied if Araby and Nippon weren't also represented.  But I'm willing to accept them just getting a handful of DoW units, as long as they those units get used to make up thematic minor factions in their loreful territories.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment