We still need a final patch

Copied to clipboard!
6 months ago
Nov 8, 2023, 2:22:57 PM

After the release of the Rhesus & Memnon DLC we no longer had support in TROY...
I'm a huge fan of this title and loved all the effort put into the game. But come on, we still need a final patch of fixes!
And here I would like to call on all TROY enjoyers to compile a list of bugs and other things that need fixing.

Community-compiled list:

1. AMD GPU users still experience crashing. Only TW game that has issues with AMD GPUs afaik.
  2. Memnon, when not controlled by the player, should have his appearance in the campaign delayed!
    (Not only would this be more immersive, but it would also reduce the impact your presence has on the early experience of Sarpedon's campaign. His appearance in the campaign should then begin in Anatolia, above the city of Myra)
  3. Two-handed axe animation was "broken" after R&M DLC.
    (The axes slip out of the hands in some positions and movements)
  4. Missing buildings available to AI, which even results in unique units that will never be recruited in campaign.
    (Also, it is necessary to adjust the AI's preference for military buildings, ensuring a greater variety of units in its armies)
  5. Some models "freeze" during battle, IIRC this tends to happen more often with skirmish units.
  6. Various clipping issues with items often not fitting certain bodies.
  7. Hector's textures were downgraded and his spear became very thin after R&M DLC.
  8. Some unit cards have errors, such as the Thracian skirmishers that do not carry shields.
  9. TROY was supposed to be the most moddable game ever, but that didn't prove right.
    (We cannot create flying mounted units, we cannot edit the campaign map, etc...)
  10. Lack of access to all the tiles maps in Creation Kit.
  11. Lack of possibility or instruction on how to remove gods in the campaign.
    (The intention here is to obtain the modding capability to, for example, divide the gods between the sides of the war)
  12. Processing of custom unit assets through BoB was "broken" after some update.
    (We tried to recreate rules in files that tell BoB how to process stuff based on the ones in Attila, but no luck)
  13. In Battle Results - reinforcements and 3rd to 8th player battle statistics are not shown when clicked.
  14. Fake barter agreement exploit issue.
  15. Side flanking issue where defence of whole unit gets lowered by single model walking close enough.
  16. Although it is not common, some missions can be buggy, without being able to complete them the campaign is stuck in this aspect.
  17. About campaign AI, anti-palyer bias needs to be completely reworked. This behavior should be attributed to the antagonist and only him.
  18. Odysseus needs to have vanguard deployment in all game modes.
  19. We need longer battles, at least as much as in PHARAOH.
  20. Matched combat for two-handed units, formations, and fire are features that should have been added in TROY and not just PHARAOH.
    (Our battles are infantry focused as PHARAOH and the destruction of cities like Mycenae and Troy by fire should have been a thing from the beginning! Not to mention what fire could do with elaborate tactics, mythological creatures and divine powers...)
  21. Some jump animations go against physics. It's hilarious to see units jumping dead towards the hit.
  22. Amazons do not have a mechanic to improve the quality of units in mythological expeditions.
  23. In the Amazon Kingdom mechanics, when a Milestone is unlocked, it displays flames that do not set properly on the pyres.
  24. Some initially ruined cities show no icons other than the port and unique buildings.
    (For example, Melos only shows that it has Harpies after being colonized and having the saved game loaded)
  25. Achilles' skill tree in historical mode are bugged.
  26. In the skill tree for Sarpedon, one of the skills does not have the option to be upgraded.
  27. About shield wall formation, currently the first line of soldiers remains in a relaxed stance even when the ability is activated.
  28. Razed settlements must have a cooldown before they can be recolonized again.
  29. Most factions in the campaign have wrong colors on the map and using colors of other factions.
  30. Maeonians should be more pseudo-Hittites and less pseudo-sea peoples.
    (A rework of this culture like what happened with the Thracians would be great)
  31. All units that go frenzy becomes fatigue refreshed instantly while the effect lasts.
    (Except Sirens targets in Truth Behind the Myth Mode)
  32. Menmon's "Pharaoh Edict" lasts twice its lifespan with a hidden stat effect on fatigue (fatigue shows the effect but unit card doesn't).
  33. The faction name of vassals are marked in red in the end turn phase.
    (They should be coloured in blue like defensive or military allies).
  34. The Realm Conqueror achievement does not trigger correctly, despite having the anax trait for all realms.
    (The achievement should trigger when you complete the last realm mission, but you sometimes get the anax trait without ever triggering -and thus completing- the corresponding mission). 
  35. Heroes with the skill "Ares Fear (Missile Damage)" show the wrong hero card when recruited on chariot or -in case of amazons- horse.
  36. Other Homeric heroes with unique models present in the campaign are not present in custom battles. For example, Teucer to Salamis.
  37. I think at least two more Anax missions could be present in Anatolia besides Troad.
    (One could be to control the regions of Maeonia & Tmolos + Maeandros)
  38. Some diplomacy effects use the wrong icon, below they are fixed through modding:

Contributors: Ulfhedinn_, RafSwi7, Decoco, Ganossa, Ulter, Eruner, Lotor, Amulet of Kings, revanhchismo, HappyCompyTW.

Note: I'll edit the list as I remember more things and there are more contributions from other players.

Updated 2 months ago.
0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 8, 2023, 3:15:20 PM
  • Fix of Battle Results - reinforcements and 3rd to 8th player battle statistics are not shown (when clicked)
  • Fix of Fake Barter Agreement Exploit
  • Side Flanking Issue where Defence of whole unit gets lowered by single model walking close enough
0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 8, 2023, 3:26:50 PM
Eruner_SK#3693 wrote:
  • Fix of Battle Results - reinforcements and 3rd to 8th player battle statistics are not shown (when clicked)
  • Side Flanking Issue where Defence of whole unit gets lowered by single model walking close enough

Thank you friend. The list has been updated!

0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 8, 2023, 9:01:44 PM
Eruner_SK#3693 wrote:

I hope they gonna release a update for Troy!

0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 8, 2023, 10:26:26 PM

Agree  with all the posts above

I heard a rumour ( who believes in these ? ) the Pharaoh expansion will include the Troy map and ONLY the historical factions if any existed after the dorian invasion of Greece and the non existence of troy. .....................I , for one hope so

0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 9, 2023, 1:58:33 AM
Locoast#5530 wrote:

I hope they gonna release a update for Troy!

Me too! TROY deserves that last polishment! The way it was abandoned was not cool...
They said "we would still provide support if there was a need", well there still is!

Scallywag#7545 wrote:

Agree  with all the posts above

I heard a rumour ( who believes in these ? ) the Pharaoh expansion will include the Troy map and ONLY the historical factions if any existed after the dorian invasion of Greece and the non existence of troy. .....................I , for one hope so

The possibility exists, but I dare say that a combined map may be released and only enabled for those who have TROY... 

0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 11, 2023, 11:01:15 AM

Hi guys,

I hope, they will make an update, ther few things in Troy, that deserves devs attention IMO

Here are my thoughs:

- Same charecters need Danaan Pillars / Trojan Pillars trait  : for example Helenos, Ajax the Lesser, Lycomedes, Menestheus etc, this would create better and more autenthic campaign enviroment

- Odysseus faction needs to have public order building for minor settlement, in the case, when he captures minor coastal town, he does not have tool to keep public order positive (Aphrodite prayer is extremly situational and temporarily)

- Hero Odysseus needs to have Vanguard Deployment in Truth behind the myth and Mythos modes. Odysseus is designated similar to Alith Anar hero in Warhammer 2 (ranged ambusher hero&faction), but lacks Vanguard Deployment for himself

- campaign AI - anti-palyer bias and AI confederation, this needs to be simple adjust to closer to the other TW games. For hardcore players, there could be options for more agressive AI. AI can not just fight only against player and ignore  whole world, AI constatly confederating other factions in late game ruins the game, this needs to be changed too

My suggestions:

I would little bit adjust building tree:

removing public order penalty from guard towers and reduce the garrison  

food/wood warehouse should have bigger % bonus to food/wood production

remove the unit recruitment from watchtower chain and bowyer building - this is simple bad design 

watchtower chain shoud provide public order instead of recruitment

Notes:

The Troy has very small campaign completion due to steam achievments - the highest is Achileus with 2.6%, to compare, the highest campaign completion in WH1 is Empire with 13%. Other TW games have similar % campaign completion. 

In my opinion, this reflects, that Troy has its gameplay issues, not just "haters and toxic total war players attitude" , I would highlight the campaign AI , and complicated mechanics (economy and other mechanics with small % modifiers puzzle)

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1099410/achievements

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/364360/achievements

Updated 6 months ago.
0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 11, 2023, 11:23:03 AM

Other things:

most important part of Total War games - the battles:

-unit responses - units do not follow orders

-enemy hero regeneration in combat without skill, why? why just not use well-tried warhammer system in the truth behind myth and mythos modes?

-battle balance, slinger are abble to beat spearmen in melee combat, please adjust it

-if it is possible, make battles a bit slower, closer to Pharaoh

balance 

the technologies, the start of the game, turn 1, 

for example "the treasure hall"  + 20 gold per turn is super useful, with contrat "the royal hunters"  -5% recruitment costs for range units having no real effect in the practice, change it to - 10% upkeep costs for range units

Updated 6 months ago.
0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 11, 2023, 9:18:02 PM

Even though other heroes can also become pillars, I still think it's better to keep the pillars in the main factions, the playable ones.
Because, for "pillars" what should also happen is to drastically reduce or even make confederation between them impossible.

I play with a mod that does just that and the campaign experience simply goes to another level!
This means we have badass allies and more varieties of units on the battlefield during the late game.

In the past I even criticized the small number of playable factions, but I think it took me a while to understand the "philosophy" behind this:
TROY is full of heroes, but we must select those who, in the most varied possibilities, would have the guts to lead the Greek or Trojan coalition. And in this aspect CA Sofia chose the main heroes very well. With only the pillars being independent, we have the feeling of "dispute" for who will be remembered as the greatest hero within the coalition, while we also have the possibility of confederating the lesser heroes and incorporating them into our army. Now, campaign AI - anti-player bias is really something that should be removed!

I completely agree with the rest of the other things and I especially think that if the battle is improved to the point where it lasts like in PHARAOH this will be excellent for the game!

Another thing worth remembering is that the Amazons have a much more difficult experience when only being able to choose starting units for expeditions in MYTHOS.

Updated 6 months ago.
0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 18, 2023, 6:17:36 PM

Small thing, but I remember playing Historical as Achilles, his skill tree was totally bugged.  He would level up, you put a skill into a certain option and ... nothing.  The skill point is gone and you have nothing.  This was after the final patch for the game, so likely still exists.  

I did post this originally on the old forums "Troy Bug reports" over a year ago and had literally 0 reply.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 19, 2023, 12:54:28 PM
Player#12023 wrote:

Small thing, but I remember playing Historical as Achilles, his skill tree was totally bugged.  He would level up, you put a skill into a certain option and ... nothing.  The skill point is gone and you have nothing.  This was after the final patch for the game, so likely still exists.  

I did post this originally on the old forums "Troy Bug reports" over a year ago and had literally 0 reply.

I don't usually play historical mode. Thanks for the contribution!

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 24, 2024, 8:25:54 PM

I am going to chime in. I am surprised and glad I am not the only one who feels that way. After the last update for Troy drop I was very disappointed that the end of support was so sudden. Troy is an artistically beautiful game with a lot going for it and I think that the very least it deserved was ending the support without leaving it so rough around the edges after the final patch. I won't go into depth with a wishlist but I do sincerely believe that Troy should be revisited to leave it in the best state possible with focus on balancing, bug fix and minor quality of life without adding major content. One thing that bothers me, is how Troy handles the "historical" mode like an afterthought and some attention should be given to it, my personal irk being how quickly the heroes die. /shakehead  

As a follow up on recent statement and a commitment to deliver quality product, I think it's only fair that CA puts some effort into polishing up Troy on the technical side without any extra content. 

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 25, 2024, 12:10:41 AM

Yes, the way TROY was "finished" was quite sudden. I think this is not a worthy ending for such a beautiful project.

The final polish doesn't come with the release of new expansion content...
It is necessary to see if something needs to be fixed, if something was broken (like the 2h axes animation), etc.
The improvements and zeal that PHARAOH is receiving would be very welcome in TROY!

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 2, 2024, 5:49:38 PM

It is important to highlight that we do not expect CA Sofia to take the focus away from PHARAOH, however, we just ask that you consider this treatment for the much-loved TROY! I know the list involves a little more than just fixes, but come on, if you can dedicate a little time (when possible), why not introduce some elements that SHOULD have also been part of TROY's CORE? With so much similarity between the games that would be a HUGE missed opportunity to make such a gorgeous game even more epic! In any case, I would be very grateful for CA's attention and correction of the issues raised... 

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 3, 2024, 8:10:06 PM

Fixes for known bugs would always be a welcome site! Especially to help people start to trust CA again.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment