The ideal Greenskins CoC

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 7:17:07 AM

A Greenskins CoC that reasonably covers everything without going particularly overboard

LLs
Morglum Necksnapper
Snagla Grobspit
Gittila da Hunter
Gorfang Rotgut (remade to unique LL)

LHs
Borgut Facebeater (Grimgor)
Oglok the 'Orrible (remade to unique LH for Morglum)
Raknik Spiderclaw (remade to unique LH for Snagla) 

Ls
Black Orc Warboss
Savage Orc Great Shaman
Forest Goblin Warboss 

Hs
Savage Orc Big Boss
Forest Goblin Shaman 

Units (new)
Forest Goblins (inf)
Goblin Spear Chukkaz
Squig Gobba
Mangler Squigs
Colossal Squig
Big Stabba
Hill Goblins (dual sword)
Squigadon 

Units (variants)
Orc Boyz w Spears
Savage Orcs w Spears
Orc Big Uns w Spears
Savage Orc Big Uns w Spears
Night Goblins w Spears
Black Orcs (Spear & Shield) 

4 LLs, 1 + 2 LHs, 3 Ls, 2 Hs, 8 new units, 6 variants + only minor touch-up. 

Compare this with CoC: 4 LLs, 4 Ls, 4 Hs, 1 new unit, 36 variants + major race rework

0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 7:49:11 AM

A Greenskin CoC sounds like a mighty disease. I will take that one Orc who is more interesting in kingdom building than WAAAGH!-ing.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 7:55:41 AM

Yep, we need something like this but with all the missing options for remaining generic lords and heroes as well as more missing weapon options!

0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 10:01:09 AM

TancredIIQuenelles#3970 wrote:

Yep, we need something like this but with all the missing options for remaining generic lords and heroes as well as more missing weapon options!

Was trying to keep it moderate to increase the likelyhood.

Maedrethnir#1968 wrote:

A Greenskin CoC sounds like a mighty disease. I will take that one Orc who is more interesting in kingdom building than WAAAGH!-ing.

Don't worry, no important visuals to be butchered, everything is already in.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 10:01:37 AM

would love a massive GS dlc. Most of this looks great. 

I would say we don’t necessarily need 4 LLs just so it matches CoC. I think 2 or 3 would be fine.

Gitilla I think should be a LH. I like the idea of making the existing semi unique heroes into proper LHs

I’d like to see more spider content, maybe giant spider cav. I don’t think they need to go overboard on squig content either.

a savage orc lord and hero option is a must

Overall this looks good. I think there’s a clear appetite for game 1 content (and probably game 2 content too). I hope CA don’t lose sight of that and do a ton of Cathay dlc

0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 10:32:42 AM

Theo91#7431 wrote:

I’d like to see more spider content, maybe giant spider cav. I don’t think they need to go overboard on squig content either.

I mean, do we not have that with the Forest Goblin Spider Riders?

0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 11:06:31 AM

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Maedrethnir#1968 wrote:

Don't worry, no important visuals to be butchered, everything is already in.

As long as all unique miniatures and artworks get proper in game model representation, I would be fine with it.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 11:50:22 AM

LLs:
Gorfang Rotgut
Morglum Necksnapper

Snagla Grobspit
Ghazak Khan (uses mercenary Faction mechanics and has access to Hobgoblin units)

LHs:
Oglok the 'Orrible
Gittila da Hunter

Lords:
Orc Great Shaman
Black Orc Warboss
Savage Orc Warboss
Savage Orc Great Shaman
Goblin Warboss
Night Goblin Great Shaman
Forest Goblin Boss
Forest Goblin Great Shaman
Hobgoblin Khan (Ghazak only)

Heroes:
Orc Big Boss
Savage Orc Big Boss
Savage Orc Shaman
Goblin Shaman
Night Goblin Big Boss
Forest Goblin Big Boss
Forest Goblin Shaman
Hobgoblin Big Boss (Ghazak and CDs only)

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 12:05:56 PM

I`d also want to see an rework to orcs when it comes to their growth and economy they are wealthier than all other factions from a faction that lives on looting and sacking.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 1:44:23 PM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

LLs:
Gorfang Rotgut
Morglum Necksnapper

Snagla Grobspit
Ghazak Khan (uses mercenary Faction mechanics and has access to Hobgoblin units)

LHs:
Oglok the 'Orrible
Gittila da Hunter

Lords:
Orc Great Shaman
Black Orc Warboss
Savage Orc Warboss
Savage Orc Great Shaman
Goblin Warboss
Forest Goblin Boss

Heroes:
Orc Big Boss
Savage Orc Big Boss
Savage Orc Shaman
Goblin Shaman
Night Goblin Big Boss
Forest Goblin Big Boss
Forest Goblin Shaman

Maximalist and beautiful, but unlikely sadly.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 3:28:49 PM

Agree with every missing Lord and Hero that the Greenskins have as that would be crucial as a big theme to their army. Agree with the units as well (nice to see Forest Goblins as they had some stuff from earlier editions-Forest Goblin Warboss (OE - 4th), Forest Goblin Great Shaman (OE - 4th), Forest Goblin Big Boss (OE - 4th), Forest Goblin Shaman (OE - 4th) and Forest Goblins (OE - 4th)). The only unit I would change is the Squigadon as I feel that would be better for the Hobgoblin Khanate. Maybe Ruglud's Armoured Orcs as Orcs with Crossbows?

Unit variants are important too, most are kit-bash level like Goblins (sword and shield) and Orc Boyz (spears and shield) but very important nonetheless. 

I would change the LLs somewhat. Gorbad Ironclaw (Leadership and cavalry), Gorfang Rotgut (monstrous infantry LL like Nakai is-lore paints him as really big) and Snagla Grobspit (Forest Goblin LL) are the crucial ones to me. The fourth I can't decide, either Morglum Necksnapper or Gitilla da Hunter. Maybe the Black Gobbo as LL or LH? 

0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 3:51:13 PM

we do and it’s not strictly necessary but monstrous cav with strider and poison would be cool tho. Maybe if ridden by forest gobbos, maybe with a bound spell

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Theo91#7431 wrote:

I mean, do we not have that with the Forest Goblin Spider Riders?

0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 5:57:53 PM

Theo91#7431 wrote:

we do and it’s not strictly necessary but monstrous cav with strider and poison would be cool tho. Maybe if ridden by forest gobbos, maybe with a bound spell

But the spider riders we have do have strider and poison and they are ridden by forest goblins. Exactly what are you asking for?

0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 9:46:13 PM

This looks like a huge opportunity cost.

I don't want unit spam for an Ork DLC. I want Snagla Grobspit, Giant Spider Riders, Squig Gobba and Colossal Squig, and then 1-2 minor units. Ideally an Orc LH/LL too. 

Also shout out to Giant Spider Riders. A unit on the TT made from Goblin heroes.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
May 18, 2024, 9:47:19 PM

+1

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

LLs:
Gorfang Rotgut
Morglum Necksnapper

Snagla Grobspit

LHs:
Oglok the 'Orrible
Gittila da Hunter

Lords:
Orc Great Shaman
Black Orc Warboss
Savage Orc Warboss
Savage Orc Great Shaman
Goblin Warboss
Forest Goblin Boss

Heroes:
Orc Big Boss
Savage Orc Big Boss
Savage Orc Shaman
Goblin Shaman
Night Goblin Big Boss
Forest Goblin Big Boss
Forest Goblin Shaman

0Send private message
a month ago
May 19, 2024, 7:05:25 AM

I'm all in for this. I don't care if most DLCs only have two LLs from now on, but we need CoC-style DLCs for at least Greenskins and Vampire Counts. This would be great.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 19, 2024, 7:49:24 AM

I think a monstrous variant would be cool with less units in the model. Give them BvL. It’s fine if they don’t come but I would like to see at least one more spider unit if we get a forest gobbo pack

TheWattman#7460 wrote:

Theo91#7431 wrote:

But the spider riders we have do have strider and poison and they are ridden by forest goblins. Exactly what are you asking for?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment