imperial gunnery school Amethyst Units

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
May 4, 2024, 3:22:51 AM

just playing a Nuln Campaign and start to buy the Amethyst Ironsiders. noting that every time you buy them they Jump up in Price by 250 Secmatics since the 2 ways of Earning schematics are via  Battle which result between 60-300 and the Imperial Gunnery school which is 50 --> 100. to actually buy 3 Ironsides is 3750 schematics which is quite alot even if your fighting every turn. the Engineer Guild doesn't provide any so i'm struggling to generate any more and to use these faction unique unit make it quite a Time and Grind expensive endeavour with the upgrade for the Normal units and Upgrades on Amethyst units. CA is this  intentional or is it a Bug?  

0Send private message
a month ago
May 4, 2024, 5:11:23 AM

Sorry, disagree. You are vacuuming up schematics like crazy not long into Elspeth's campaign and can easily max out the gunnery school in less than thirty turns. If anything, schematics need to either be made rarer or costs need to go wway up.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 4, 2024, 8:22:54 AM

This is fine. There is a need for limitations on the OP stuff in any faction.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 4, 2024, 8:50:31 AM

I don't see a problem.
The Gunnery school is laughably strong.
The Amethyst units are easily some of the strongest units in the game.
They shouldn't be thrown out like old milk at a discounter.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
a month ago
May 5, 2024, 1:22:23 AM
TainBoCuailinge#8335 wrote:

Sorry, disagree. You are vacuuming up schematics like crazy not long into Elspeth's campaign and can easily max out the gunnery school in less than thirty turns. If anything, schematics need to either be made rarer or costs need to go wway up.

Oh, I'd like to see the screenshot and save file of you maxing out gunnery school in thirty turns.
Please stop spreading false information.

For OP, about amethyst armoury, those units aren't worth the upkeep/schematics. CA may as well remove them from the game with that incremental cost.
Just aim for the abilities instead, especially the Purple Sun. They are the main dishes.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 5, 2024, 9:34:38 AM
KiteKaze#9211 wrote:

Oh, I'd like to see the screenshot and save file of you maxing out gunnery school in thirty turns.

For OP, about amethyst armoury, those units aren't worth the upkeep/schematics. CA may as well remove them from the game with that incremental cost.
Just aim for the abilities instead, especially the Purple Sun. They are the main dishes.

thankyou. will keep clear of them in the feature. 

0Send private message
a month ago
May 5, 2024, 9:37:48 AM
KiteKaze#9211 wrote:

You won't get it. Instead I'm asking for your endgame savefile where you haven't unlocked anything.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 5, 2024, 10:13:12 AM

ahoy !

=> you are limited to 5 amethyst per army (which is fine)

=> you get huge default prices for amethyst units and upgrades (which is fine)

=> you get incremental price for all amethyst units infinitly (which is not fine)

- its not about spamming the units (not possible anyway), its about even replacing your units, you get forced to have 3 amethyst ironside for quest (which is fine), BUT if you lose amethyst units you have to pay a new one with the INCREMENTED PRICE

- that means if you have 3 amethyst ironsides and lose your first amethyst ironside (that you paid 1k), you have to pay 2k to REPLACE the one you lost, which means for 3 amethysts you paid 4 amethysts (1000 + 1250 + 1500 + 1750)

- this makes insane pricing while schematics do not scale (you get around 500-700 per big battle, x2 per big battle against faction having gunpowder)

=> my modding solution was to keep the price scaling, but adding unique techs improving schematics loot (so at leats its possible to get a bit more for the lategame)

compared to chaos dwarf, the scaling is a bit insane for a type of units you can only get 5 times per army (i would never do that considering the prices after 100 turns)

overall, its a good system, perhaps needing some lategame tweaks to get more sandbox variety

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
May 5, 2024, 11:49:43 AM

scaling should just stop at like 3000. easiest and most logical fix. You would still value your units but if you do lose one through accident or whatnot you can earn a replacement for it.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment