New Depot on SteamDB - Speculation

Copied to clipboard!
15 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 6:36:13 PM

So, it looks like we have a new Depot on SteamDB by the name of Jericho.

Now, bear with me for a moment...

Jericho is famously a Canaanite city mentioned in the Bible for it's impenetrable walls, which, as many know, came crumbling down.

This sounds to me like a hint towards Borgio the Besieger, named so for his unsurpassed expertise in siege warfare. It is said that no Tilean city can withstand him, not even the ingenious ramparts of Miragliano.

Southern Realms/Dogs of War may very well be the next DLC.

0Send private message
15 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 6:55:33 PM

not the worst Idea I have read on this forum.

Personally it is less important when rather that DoW come, but if they come earlier it would be really welcome.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 8:02:03 PM

DoW would be a great move

0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 8:58:02 PM

I wouldn't look too much into the name of the branch, none of them have anything to do with the content of the DLC really.

0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 9:28:40 PM
KhorneFlakes#3727 wrote:

The more unique legendary lords we have, the more challenging and unique each campaign will be. Let's hope we get DoW and a Contract mechanic overhaul. 

Not really. The main problem is CA keeps creating all these stupidly OP mechanics.....that their AI are clearly incapable of playing with 

Consider how Grom never ever have any success in the campaign despite how broken he is 

0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 11:29:05 PM
MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

With how many existing races need content, I'd prefer DoW wait a bit until they get them in better places

Me, too.

0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 28, 2024, 1:47:48 AM

It's been discussed since it came out and the general consensus is that its the Chaos Seige Giant for Chaos Dwarfs (and WoC maybe), Tamurkhan might get it from his chaos hero mechanic he has. Evidence

1. Its name Jericho, the names are cryptic hints by CA for the community (thats us! :D), Jericho is famous for its Walls coming down - chaos siege giants have big metal claws to tear down walls

2. It was added for the Skulls for the Skulls throne event - Tome Kings we're given the Bone Giant as FLC from a skulls of the skulls throne event post their factions release 

3. The Chaos Siege Giant is a strangely abscent iconic unit from CD when everything else they had made it into the game - Just like the Bone Giant was the sole missing iconic unit from Tomb Kings 

4. Tamurkhan has chaos siege giants in his book 'Throne of Chaos' people figured that if chaos dwarfs don't get Chaos Siege Giants then it must be coming with Tamurkhans DLC, but we know knw it nots apart of the DLC. - So we're just getting the giant unit free 

5. CAs added a unique giant for FLC before, Bone giant is a giant archer - so adding a unique heavily armoured armour pericing wall destroying giant is that big of a leap 

6. CA has added every other giant variant in Warhammer Fantasy so far, including making their own norscan giant -why would they not add the chaos siege giant?  So we have

-Giant (Greenskins)

-Giant (Ogre Kingdoms)

-Giant (Beastmen)

-Giant (Chaos)

-Giant (Norsca)

-Giant (Tomb Kings)

But CA just gave up and won't give is

-Giant (Chaos Dwarfs)

6. It's clearly the Chaos Siege Giant 

TL;DR: Its this lad 

0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 28, 2024, 2:49:47 AM
MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:
With how many existing races need content, I'd prefer DoW wait a bit until they get them in better places

Gimmie the Race now.  If TWWH goes under, I'd rather some Races end up in a bad place than end up missing a Race entirely.

Also, the sooner we get the DoW Race Pack, the sooner we can start getting DoW Lord Packs.

Updated 14 days ago.
0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 28, 2024, 3:01:07 AM
Gangstamonkey214#3448 wrote:

It's been discussed since it came out and the general consensus is that its the Chaos Seige Giant for Chaos Dwarfs (and WoC maybe), Tamurkhan might get it from his chaos hero mechanic he has. Evidence

1. Its name Jericho, the names are cryptic hints by CA for the community (thats us! :D), Jericho is famous for its Walls coming down - chaos siege giants have big metal claws to tear down walls

2. It was added for the Skulls for the Skulls throne event - Tome Kings we're given the Bone Giant as FLC from a skulls of the skulls throne event post their factions release 

3. The Chaos Siege Giant is a strangely abscent iconic unit from CD when everything else they had made it into the game - Just like the Bone Giant was the sole missing iconic unit from Tomb Kings 

4. Tamurkhan has chaos siege giants in his book 'Throne of Chaos' people figured that if chaos dwarfs don't get Chaos Siege Giants then it must be coming with Tamurkhans DLC, but we know knw it nots apart of the DLC. - So we're just getting the giant unit free 

5. CAs added a unique giant for FLC before, Bone giant is a giant archer - so adding a unique heavily armoured armour pericing wall destroying giant is that big of a leap 

6. CA has added every other giant variant in Warhammer Fantasy so far, including making their own norscan giant -why would they not add the chaos siege giant?  So we have

-Giant (Greenskins)

-Giant (Ogre Kingdoms)

-Giant (Beastmen)

-Giant (Chaos)

-Giant (Norsca)

-Giant (Tomb Kings)

But CA just gave up and won't give is

-Giant (Chaos Dwarfs)

6. It's clearly the Chaos Siege Giant 

TL;DR: Its this lad 

That is certainly fitting as well, I was just not expecting an FLC, though it would be a welcome addition. It would pretty much kill any chance of Chaos Dwarfs getting another DLC, however.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment