So, a lot of people don't like brettonia as is. Which makes sense, most of your mechanics hinder you more than anything from what little experience I had with them (for example, you have a limited amount of fodder before your income is hurt- but you also have to take vows to not have your knights units cost you a fortune each turn). So I got to thinking, what would help brettonia be a more fun option? Then, I remembered how much I wanted a faction that did more with the level up mechanics (like the warriors of chaos, but without changing the unit into something new). So what do you all think about this: Instead of chivalry being a factionwide resource- each leader gains chivalry for each battle won and city razed. Much like normal, at certain levels of chivalry you get bonuses for that leader's units. But instead of gaining flat stats, you gain experience per turn and additional starting rank on your units recruited. In addition, the lords and heroes take vows still. Heroes take different vows that can buff peasants in a variety of ways depending on which one is picked, while lords buff knights through the same process. These buffs would scale with the rank of any unit of that type, so for example a rank 3 peasant might get extra charge bonus for each rank if the hero took the right vow for it. The more a lord or hero 'makes a name for themselves' the better they are at fielding higher level units that actually tangibly benefit from their experience. Of course, since chivalry isn't faction wide anymore, you don't just GET the green knight at high enough levels of chivalry. Instead you spend chivalry to have the option to summon them in the battle, with additional chivalry spent granting buffs to the green knight. As for the peasant mechanic, I'd leave that alone. I'm not sure how I would approach that.

I also had an idea for a 'peasant revolt' lord whose entire mechanic revolves around getting increasing bonuses on peasants the higher over your peasant cap you are and the lower your control is in a province when recruiting said peasant units, with buffs to industry building's income to make up for the fact that farms are less useful when using your mechanic.

What do you all think of these ideas? good? bad? Doesn't fit the faction? I'd love to hear feedback!