The next DLC should be MK

Copied to clipboard!
15 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 4:39:50 PM

Back when SOC where released CA mentioned this. They almost never mention unit details beforehand so it should mean that that DLC where in planning.

Before I end today, I wanted to cover an omission that you may have been hoping for in Grand Cathay’s roster update; an Elite Core Infantry unit. There is a very good reason for this and trust me we aren’t monkeying about.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/wh3-soc-update-cathay/

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
15 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 5:13:06 PM

Im not a fan of Cathay. But lets be realistic they wont get another DLC so soon. Maybe after DOW (or after 1-2 more dlcs).

They will most likely get one more DLC, but it wont be so soon.

You cant tell me you really expect - Cathay DLC , next DLC(TOD) , Again Cathay DLC... 

Updated 15 days ago.
0Send private message
15 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 5:17:06 PM
1v0#3562 wrote:

Im not a fan of Cathay. But lets be realistic they wont get another DLC so soon. Maybe after DOW (or after 1-2 more dlcs).

They will most likely get one more DLC, but it wont be so soon.

You cant tell me you really expect - Cathay DLC , next DLC , Again Cathay DLC... 

There was a point that they did that with Lizardmen and spammed us with Lizardmen DLCs and FLC LLs.

That said, in general, yeah its likely Khorne DLC and Slaanesh DLC then Dogs of War.

0Send private message
15 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 5:17:22 PM

Cathay empire dwarfs and kislev are my faves...

Bret is also one of my faves but after this dlc they have been bumped down... they severely need updated. 

A stand alone dlc for bret would be nice such epic cav and the lore around them is so good.

I'd any of you played shadow of the horned rat or dark omen cav units were such hype in them games and the grail knights were sick but you didn't get them until end game which was a shame.

0Send private message
15 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 5:17:38 PM

How about MK vs GS (snagla) vs OK

Would be a nice feral theme with yetis and forest gobbos. Plus you for a game 1 race with a couple of newer ones. Sounds good to me

realistically won’t happen tho

0Send private message
15 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 5:21:26 PM
Theo91#7431 wrote:

How about MK vs GS (snagla) vs OK

Would be a nice feral theme with yetis and forest gobbos. Plus you for a game 1 race with a couple of newer ones. Sounds good to me

realistically won’t happen tho

They won't skip over Khorne or Slaanesh before doing Ogre Kingdoms.  Those first two are core base game factions.

0Send private message
15 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 5:28:50 PM

While Cathay has the potential for 3 more DLCs with the Monkey King, Yin-Yin and Li Dao, no they should not come this soon. Khorne and Slaanesh are next in line, then either DoW or Vampire Bloodlines. Then, when the core-roll starts up again, then Monkey King can come. By then, it would be high time to update Norsca, so put him against Sayl the Faithless by ... if all goes well, Summer 2025 (ass-end of August, if we are following 4-month gaps from now on). 

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
15 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 6:52:29 PM
Data5#9904 wrote:
They almost never mention unit details beforehand so it should mean that that DLC where in planning.

There's, like, 5 years worth of DLC that are "in planning".

0Send private message
15 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 6:57:14 PM
KhorneFlakes#3727 wrote:

Unless CA expands the map significantly and releases a major race pack like Snakemen or Nippon, giving us another Cathay lord would be a mistake. 

Yea well this aint happening. We'll get a second Cathay DLC, and we'll never get neither Nippon nor Snakemen. Prepare for dissappointment im afraid.

Updated 15 days ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
15 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 8:11:43 PM
John_Kimble#3765 wrote:
KhorneFlakes#3727 wrote:

Unless CA expands the map significantly and releases a major race pack like Snakemen or Nippon, giving us another Cathay lord would be a mistake. 

Yea well this aint happening. We'll get a second Cathay DLC, and we'll never get neither Nippon nor Snakemen. Prepare for dissappointment im afraid.

The map is going to be expanded. The thing is that whichever lord ends up there (probably MK) will just have to fight random no-name factions. 

0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 8:58:10 PM

Hopefully. Cathay badly needs their second DLC, and Monkey King would be a great addition. 

0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 9:26:57 PM
John_Kimble#3765 wrote:
KhorneFlakes#3727 wrote:

We'll get a second, third, fourth Grand Cathay DLC. 

I'd expect DoW for Race Packs and that's it. Others would be cool but I doubt we'll see them. 

0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 9:27:59 PM
Data5#9904 wrote:

Back when SOC where released CA mentioned this. They almost never mention unit details beforehand so it should mean that that DLC where in planning.

Before I end today, I wanted to cover an omission that you may have been hoping for in Grand Cathay’s roster update; an Elite Core Infantry unit. There is a very good reason for this and trust me we aren’t monkeying about.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/wh3-soc-update-cathay/

It also sounds rather cool. Monkeys as Cathay's heavy infantry is probably a lot better than having them be skirmishers or light infantry. 

Should add some really cool stuff to their roster. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment