It is time to return "Total War: Three Kingdoms"

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
May 13, 2024, 6:02:21 PM
It is prematurely stopped its development, I suggest three dlcs for winning your fans back.
1-> Northern hordes2-> Red Clifs start date (Yay Sun Quan !)3-> Korea dlc
0Send private message
a month ago
May 13, 2024, 6:42:00 PM

No, no it's not. They ended support as people weren't buying the DLC so doing more DLC isn't going to win the fans back. More gonna flop and anger fans when it causes a new range of bugs and breaks mods.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 14, 2024, 1:20:30 AM
3K is their the best seller ever, if they put good dlc, it would sell well.

Ended support means nothing as they can continue support right away as respect to their fanbase
0Send private message
a month ago
May 14, 2024, 7:36:43 AM

It was on release, it didn't sell DLCs after. Outside of 8princes they have been decent DLCs and have repeatedly followed what people have posted they should do a DLC for. Yet still did not sell well.

Breaking the game and mods isn't respect to try and sell more product isn't respect.

0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
May 14, 2024, 5:39:59 PM
Only mods that are still active can be updated. So those that are no longer active will be dead and wasted. And again for content that people still turned their nose up at before.
0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
May 23, 2024, 1:29:43 AM
Killed game, it is literally the best seller in entire Total War games for 24 years and still going.

Not even Warhammer 3 passed it.
If they make Korea + Northern dlc it would sell well.
0Send private message
a month ago
May 23, 2024, 5:36:46 PM

Romavatandasi#3687 wrote:
Killed game, it is literally the best seller in entire Total War games for 24 years and still going.

Not even Warhammer 3 passed it.
If they make Korea + Northern dlc it would sell well.

Previous DLCs and a map expansion didn't sell well so there's no evidence this would. Also the only numbers on overall sales were from the opening week, there's a good chance that WH3 has now out sold 3K and it's DLCs are far more popular.

0Send private message
a month ago
May 25, 2024, 5:21:07 PM

I am not sure on 3K DLC, most of them were terrible, even by the standards of Rome 2 which had the worst DLC up to that point since Empire. 

Nanman was interesting because it brought in a new culture and filled in an empty part of the map. I think a Northern DLC around Xianbei or Guryeo would have been even better but all the different start date DLC felt half-baked and was clearly low-effort plus riddled with bugs. 

The combination of crappy DLC and the base game covering so much of the period while CA then released a bunch of period specific DLC which barely added anything makes it difficult to tellif the DLC would have sold better if it had real thought behind it. CA tried to milk 3K as cheaply as possible and players rightfully did not buy. 

0Send private message
a month ago
May 25, 2024, 6:10:19 PM

yeah I dont think imma spend anymore money on that game, after total war warhammer 3, I just don't even feel like playing any other total war cause I feel this is the current superior experience.

0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
May 27, 2024, 6:08:04 AM
While I do feel that they should return to Total War: Three Kingdoms, I don't think it should be to make more DLC for the game.
What they need to do is bugfix the game. The sole reason I never purchased a single DLC for the game was because of how they refused to fix any of the bugs plaguing the game and the DLCs they were making. Each patch just make the bugs that much worse.
If they gave us one final patch where they at least attempted to fix the most egregious bugs and ensured that all of the DLCs they made at least ran without breaking, then I'd actually consider going back and buying them and playing them. And maybe at that point, if they get enough attention, they could make a final DLC for The North.
But at the very least, they owe us a product that... actually functions.
0Send private message
a month ago
May 31, 2024, 1:21:23 AM

Vashyo#5079 wrote:

yeah I dont think imma spend anymore money on that game, after total war warhammer 3, I just don't even feel like playing any other total war cause I feel this is the current superior experience.

3K still have superior campaign and better than wh3 to date. 

0Send private message
19 days ago
Jun 9, 2024, 11:34:33 AM

Probably one of the biggest missed opportunity for CA. I would trade future Cathay content for a 3K2 to be completely honest.

0Send private message
18 days ago
Jun 9, 2024, 2:25:59 PM

united84#8186 wrote:

Probably one of the biggest missed opportunity for CA. I would trade future Cathay content for a 3K2 to be completely honest.

They very much aren't mutually exclusive. A DLC for a different game isn't stopping another making a different game.

0Send private message
18 days ago
Jun 9, 2024, 3:05:10 PM

Commisar#2307 wrote:

No, no it's not. They ended support as people weren't buying the DLC so doing more DLC isn't going to win the fans back. More gonna flop and anger fans when it causes a new range of bugs and breaks mods.

Maybe they should have made good DLCs instead of doubling down on the boring chapter pack formula.

0Send private message
18 days ago
Jun 9, 2024, 6:04:54 PM

Neodeinos#5871 wrote:

Maybe they should have made good DLCs instead of doubling down on the boring chapter pack formula.

Issue there is that's pretty much the core options with the setting and how it was set up. Plus chapter packs were high on the requests during it's lifespan. Issue was jumping so far off with 8P for the first one.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment