Steam tank still needs a buff

Copied to clipboard!
16 days ago
May 2, 2024, 12:01:42 PM

I´ve been doing a few tests after the update 5.0 and the steam tank (both versions) seem too weak still. They always underperform and, despite being so incredibly resistant to projectiles on paper it still falls very quicly to enemy artillery (I don´t know if it´s a bug and that´s not supposed to happen).

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 2, 2024, 1:28:11 PM

Its normal arty multi hit them. Tank it self is quite strong now. As a melee chariot.

But land ship is over powered. 

It doesn't need buffs.

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 2, 2024, 1:32:16 PM
saweendra#3399 wrote:

Its normal arty multi hit them. Tank it self is quite strong now. As a melee chariot.

It doesn't need buffs.

I have to disagree. The tank is taken down very quickly.

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 2, 2024, 2:35:26 PM
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:

It doesn't need buffs.

By what infantry or infantry missiles ?

When cycle charging  the answer is no.

Cannons are simply a undelying engine bug when interacting with chariots or similar entities. 

The steam tanks is on good spot individually interms of balance now.

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 2, 2024, 11:18:00 PM
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:

It doesn't need buffs.

Cannons are simply a undelying engine bug when interacting with chariots or similar entities. 

Against projectiles, more specifically artillery. Of course artillery has to do more damage, but the Steam tank gets destroyed very quickly. I tested a steam tank vs a unit of ushabti with bows, just one, receiving their projectiles from the front, and it almost lost. I agree against infantry it works very well and I don´t have any complaint in that sense.

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 3, 2024, 5:56:32 AM
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:

It doesn't need buffs.

Against projectiles, more specifically artillery. Of course artillery has to do more damage, but the Steam tank gets destroyed very quickly. I tested a steam tank vs a unit of ushabti with bows, just one, receiving their projectiles from the front, and it almost lost. I agree against infantry it works very well and I don´t have any complaint in that sense.

It multi hits projectiles. For the 100th time. This isn't unique to steam tank all single entity chariots die fast to arty. Unless the hit box is bugged.

Look lets not make pointless thread about a known bug .

Just ask to fix the arty multi hit bug and move on. Please i don't want to repeat the same thing again.

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 3, 2024, 7:36:48 AM

No, the new steam tanks are doing well in the current build, much better than previous builds, and even a little OP I think!

However, at the moment, the Steam Tank does have a bug that causes its primary weapon ammo to be depleted quickly.

If interested, check out this report of mine for specifics::

https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-warhammer/bugs/871-tank-commander-s-small-pistol-depletes-the-tank-s-primary-ammo?page=1

Updated 16 days ago.
0Send private message
15 days ago
May 4, 2024, 5:09:07 AM
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:

It doesn't need buffs.

It multi hits projectiles. For the 100th time. This isn't unique to steam tank all single entity chariots die fast to arty. Unless the hit box is bugged.

Just ask to fix the arty multi hit bug and move on. Please i don't want to repeat the same thing again.

And I repeat, I don´t know if it´s a bug or intended, but thewre´s something wrong with the steam tank, either because of a bug or by design. It´s you who said there was nothing wrong with them, I don´t know why you started to argue to begin with.

0Send private message
15 days ago
May 4, 2024, 5:11:06 AM
yanghaohit#5017 wrote:

No, the new steam tanks are doing well in the current build, much better than previous builds, and even a little OP I think!

However, at the moment, the Steam Tank does have a bug that causes its primary weapon ammo to be depleted quickly.

If interested, check out this report of mine for specifics::

https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-warhammer/bugs/871-tank-commander-s-small-pistol-depletes-the-tank-s-primary-ammo?page=1

As I said before, the steam tank does very well as a chariot, but is terrible at receiving shots from enemy artillery even though it was supposed to be very tanky against them.

0Send private message
15 days ago
May 4, 2024, 7:37:42 AM
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:

It doesn't need buffs.

And I repeat, I don´t know if it´s a bug or intended, but thewre´s something wrong with the steam tank, either because of a bug or by design. It´s you who said there was nothing wrong with them, I don´t know why you started to argue to begin with.

its not just the steam tank!!! why is this so hard for you to understand? there is no sane buff you can do fix this bug, so stop asking for buffs . as for the bug it was never intended but every single TW game has it and CA never figured out how to fix it.

Updated 15 days ago.
0Send private message
15 days ago
May 4, 2024, 7:51:05 AM
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:

It doesn't need buffs.

its not just the steam tank!!! why is this so hard for you to understand? there is no sane buff you can do fix this bug, so stop asking for buffs . as for the bug it was never intended but every single TW game has it and CA never figured out how to fix it.

1. Even if that´s the problem bringing it up is still normal, so again, I don´t know why you started arguing to begin with. You could have said "I think the problem is X" and that would be it.

2. There are still other ways to fix it, they can come up with another solution even if the problem is the bug you´re mentioning.

You need to chill and read carefully next time.

0Send private message
0Send private message
14 days ago
May 4, 2024, 10:18:24 AM

I'm a little out of the loop here, why did perfect vigour get removed?  I remember people asking for that for years in WH2

0Send private message
14 days ago
May 4, 2024, 12:21:01 PM
MARKROX#9269 wrote:

I'm a little out of the loop here, why did perfect vigour get removed?  I remember people asking for that for years in WH2

Not sure as well. Did they change it to a construct maybe? 

0Send private message
14 days ago
May 4, 2024, 5:23:53 PM
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:

It doesn't need buffs.

1. Even if that´s the problem bringing it up is still normal, so again, I don´t know why you started arguing to begin with. You could have said "I think the problem is X" and that would be it.

2. There are still other ways to fix it, they can come up with another solution even if the problem is the bug you´re mentioning.

1. did that your the one whose annoying me. the whole point of your thread is asking a buff to single unit when literally every single unit near this category is effected. 

2. there is no workarounds this bug, it needs to be fixed. or alternatively learn to play around like every one else have been doing for the past couple of decades.

0Send private message
14 days ago
May 4, 2024, 7:16:23 PM
MARKROX#9269 wrote:

I'm a little out of the loop here, why did perfect vigour get removed?  I remember people asking for that for years in WH2

probably because its so strong now and can also be restocked that perfect vigour on top of that would be completely crazy

0Send private message
14 days ago
May 4, 2024, 11:32:26 PM
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:

It doesn't need buffs.

1. did that your the one whose annoying me. the whole point of your thread is asking a buff to single unit when literally every single unit near this category is effected. 

2. there is no workarounds this bug, it needs to be fixed. or alternatively learn to play around like every one else have been doing for the past couple of decades.

No, you didn´t. You got annoyed because you lack reading cpmprehension and now your ego is making you not admit a mistake. And yes, if the problem is a bug they don´t know how to fix they can just change the approach to the unit so it works better.You are acting very childish.

0Send private message
14 days ago
May 5, 2024, 12:34:18 AM
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:

It doesn't need buffs.

No, you didn´t. You got annoyed because you lack reading cpmprehension and now your ego is making you not admit a mistake. And yes, if the problem is a bug they don´t know how to fix they can just change the approach to the unit so it works better.You are acting very childish.

Look you moron their is no new approach to this situation out side of fixing the bug with out creating even more balance issues.

There is only one egomanic here that's you i told you repeatedly there is no alternative getting around this bug in a sane way. 

But if you got ideas say it. Rather than saying buff it like a idiot with some issues.

0Send private message
14 days ago
May 5, 2024, 4:18:00 AM
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:

It doesn't need buffs.

Look you moron their is no new approach to this situation out side of fixing the bug with out creating even more balance issues.

There is only one egomanic here that's you i told you repeatedly there is no alternative getting around this bug in a sane way. 

But if you got ideas say it. Rather than saying buff it like a idiot with some issues.

So childish that you started insulting and you actually think that doesn´t make you look bad. Yes, there´s always a way, even if you cry about it.

0Send private message
14 days ago
May 5, 2024, 4:21:37 AM
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:
ByPiros#6333 wrote:
saweendra#3399 wrote:

It doesn't need buffs.

So childish that you started insulting and you actually think that doesn´t make you look bad. Yes, there´s always a way, even if you cry about it.

then say it whats the way? 

0Send private message
Comment