[USER INFO REQUIRED] Multiplayer Campaign Desync

Copied to clipboard!
7 months ago
Oct 14, 2023, 10:59:36 PM

Game Build #:11554.3101819

During a co-op multiplayer campaign playing as both Canaanite factions de-syncs occur consistently. Either the game is reloaded or, less often, we are kicked back to the title page. This seems to occur most consistently during the AI turns or while interacting with sieges on the campaign map. It does occur during other times as well though. 

We're having the issue almost every time we end one of our turns, reproducing seems simple. 

Attempting to attach a save file to this post, but the attaching doesn't appear to be working. 

Let me know if I can provide any more info

Updated 7 months ago.
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 16, 2023, 2:16:00 PM

Hey there @Seekiosel#3719 

Thanks for posting on the forums. If you're getting a desync, could you please attach your mp_log & save files on a ticket here. It'll go a long way in helping us figure out what's going on.

All the best!

Liam

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 16, 2023, 3:26:41 PM
Seekiosel#3719 wrote:

Game Build #:11554.3101819

During a co-op multiplayer campaign playing as both Canaanite factions de-syncs occur consistently. Either the game is reloaded or, less often, we are kicked back to the title page. This seems to occur most consistently during the AI turns or while interacting with sieges on the campaign map. It does occur during other times as well though. 

We're having the issue almost every time we end one of our turns, reproducing seems simple. 

Attempting to attach a save file to this post, but the attaching doesn't appear to be working. 

Let me know if I can provide any more info

they gave me this link for sending save files on the tw discord, since the forum link doesn't work currently

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360003117578

I've been having the exact same problem, hope it gets fixed asap. impossible to play right now

Updated 7 months ago.
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 16, 2023, 4:59:09 PM

I've experienced the same in a MP campaign in Pharaoh. The game would desync during end-turns. My friend and I gave up constantly reloading after less than 10 turns. 

Updated 7 months ago.
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 16, 2023, 9:50:41 PM

Ditto.  Particularly frustrating when the desync occurs after a battle is fought and before any save can be performed, leaving us having to try and replay the battle, hoping it won't desync again.  

A shame, because I'm loving the game otherwise.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 18, 2023, 5:19:06 AM

We’ve tried 2 different multiplayer campaigns and eventually we hit a desync and we can’t get around it. We can reload the most recent save or a few turns back and both will end up desyncing at the same turn. It sucks getting a campaign going and then having to start over

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 22, 2023, 3:59:33 PM

I have the same problem, constand desyncs. we both restarted our pc, was fine after that for a few turns, then again desncys on the campaign map.
happens on the start of a batlle, after a battle, or during the AIs turn.
I attached the mp_log, cant attach the save file.

mp_log.txt

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 27, 2023, 2:01:18 AM

Unfortunately, after today's patch I'm still encountering the Desync bug in Multiplayer Campaigns.

Reloaded my previous campaign and tried starting a new one. Same issue.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 28, 2023, 3:28:53 PM

I've been getting the same issue over and over, re-sync sometimes works but mostly game just becomes unplayable. I always loved the multiplayer co-op in Troy: Total War and this felt the same, but it's unplayable in this state.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 27, 2024, 1:53:56 PM

Still encountering the issue. I literally cannot play multiplayer campaigns due to the constant desyncs.

2-3 turns into a campaign and the desyncs begin to occur after every turn.  

I've raised a support ticket with Sega/CA - save_games_multiplayer logs included.

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 2, 2024, 2:43:43 AM

Still experiencing the desync issue while doing a MP campaigning with my friend. 

Tried uploading the saved game files here on the forum, but can't do it without receiving a "Something went wrong. Please try again later" message.

I have reopened my support ticket #659299 (managed to upload the saved game files there) with Sega/CA in the hope of getting the situation investigated/resolved. It's quite frustrating that after five months I still cannot play a MP campaign in Pharaoh without constant desyncs.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment