Let's talk about "Troy" as faction in historical game

Copied to clipboard!
15 days ago
May 4, 2024, 11:14:13 PM

Shouldn't CA rename Troy as "Wilusa" to make it more authentic?

Wilusa also has historical figures.

0Send private message
0Send private message
14 days ago
May 5, 2024, 6:02:46 PM

well we have seen that CA has already done it with cities like Thebes or Memphis so yes, I believe that Troy will be Wilusa 100%

Updated 14 days ago.
0Send private message
13 days ago
May 7, 2024, 10:50:04 AM
Troy is not historical, stop trying to justificate. Welcome Troy Mythos expanded to more cultures and will work.facts about mythos.png

0Send private message
11 days ago
May 9, 2024, 2:46:54 AM

Yes, I would support Troy being called Wilusa in TW Pharaoh.  The city existed, and Hittite records show they had interactions/relations during the period that TW Pharaoh covers.

0Send private message
0Send private message
10 days ago
May 10, 2024, 5:19:30 AM
They probably won't make Troy the same as it was in Total War: Troy. We'll be seeing some differences that will make it more appropriate for the game's setting. Same with Mycenae

0Send private message
9 days ago
May 10, 2024, 4:41:31 PM

Here's to hoping that CA Sofia avoids referencing pop culture and referring to the city as Troy in the game. I'd much rather see it as Wilusa, an integral part of the overall 'world' of western Anatolia during the late Bronze Age. 

0Send private message
5 days ago
May 15, 2024, 8:32:51 AM

I am pro Troy naming.

"Wilusa" is just Hitite name for Troy, not "more historical name" or "more authenthic". 

It is like to call Germany by French name "Allemagne" and claim, that is more authenthic.

And of course - the protagonist of Trojan War - Prince Hector, Prince Paris, King Priam, Aeneas etc are fictional characters, not a "historical characters" . They would not fit into Pharaoh

Updated 5 days ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
2 days ago
May 18, 2024, 2:00:21 AM

Though I wouldn't mind it being called "Wilusa" by any means, I am also not opposed to CA Sofia naming it "Troy".  I will be happy with either option - low priority to me (just happy they made it to the game!)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment