Total War Pharaoh: Bronze Age Collapse: my wishlist

Copied to clipboard!
17 days ago
May 2, 2024, 8:22:15 PM

ok, I'm caught up in the excitement and if the devs are ready to listen, I would like to express here my wish list of things I would like to see and change for TW Pharaoh. I take some things from an old post of mine

anyone who wants to add things here can do so :)

1.  Campaign and battle UI. I believe the Canaanites and Hittites ( and the others) should have a UI modeled on their culture. falcon wings and golden scarabs do not suit the climate of the other cultures.
  2.  More particle effects: chariots and armies running on the sand should have a "mad max fury road" effect but I don't see anything similar even on high settings.
  3.  Make night battles an easier thing to do. (and add torches!)
  4. No more clone generals: I only met two faces in my encounter with the Egyptians. I would like to see more diversity. It would also be very nice if there was a graphic feedback when a piece of armor or a weapon is mounted (like in 3K)
  5. 2D graphics for important events: in short, to highlight an earthquake or a plague, a miserable blue window is not enough. we need nice 2d graphics in Egyptian fashion. as in tob or troy
  6. The landscape behind the post-battle combat screen is always the same. how boring! should be changed based on the battle map!
  7.  the court mechanics should be revised in my opinion by adding more options, so after 50 turns it becomes very boring.I believe that each character should have at least 5 actions to perform and not 3
  8. add caravan system exactly like chaos dwarf in warhammer 3
  9. I know it's a dream, but for heaven's sake, add naval (and river) landings again
  10.  improves diplomacy: as in 3K, I would like to have the possibility to exchange objects, marry a family member from another faction, etc. 
  11. renames the game to Total War Pharaoh: Bronze Age Collapse
  12. add more banners (exactly like in trailer ramses VS amenmesse)
Updated 12 days ago.
0Send private message
17 days ago
May 3, 2024, 10:13:10 AM

9 bis. add naval and river landings

12. generals faces should not change when equipped with a chariot (I noticed that issue when playing Amenmesse)

13. generals should have a (small) chance of being wounded instead of being systematically killed

13. put traces of blood on weapons and shields that lack them (blood and sand dlc)

14. add war elephants available with the kingdoms of Kush or by recruiting in the Nubian regions

15. add more females in the game in general (generals? agents: priestesses, oracles etc).

0Send private message
16 days ago
May 3, 2024, 3:58:18 PM

Good points all toskyrun#2614

0Send private message
15 days ago
May 4, 2024, 11:10:35 PM

Naval Landing is a must. We have Sea People in the game which should start from sea....

0Send private message
13 days ago
May 7, 2024, 10:55:25 AM

Besides Mesopotamia and Mycenae, also Naval battles and Mythos are in my wishlist

Naval Battles:​

1. Ship Types and Factions: Each faction could have unique ship designs and bonuses, such as faster but lighter Egyptian warships or heavier Sea Peoples' ships that carry more troops.

2. Boarding and Ramming Mechanics: Make ramming an effective tactic with a risk of damaging one's own ship. Boarding actions could be interactive, allowing players to command individual units.

3. Environmental Hazards: Use weather and currents to make navigating tricky, where storms could capsize smaller vessels and strong currents could push ships into rocky shorelines.

4. Shore Defense and Land Interaction: Coastal fortifications and land-based units could fire arrows and projectiles at ships, and landing troops to capture strategic points could be integrated.

5. Unique Units and Abilities: Include specialized units like archers with fire arrows or warriors who excel at close-quarters combat. Special abilities like naval maneuvers or summoning a deity's favor could provide bonuses.

6. Historical Scenarios: Recreate famous battles like the Sea Peoples' assault on the Nile Delta or simulate fictitious scenarios based on ancient naval tactics and strategies.

Mythos Pharaoh:

Each civilization could have only up to 3 different mythic entities summoned in the world at same time, and each monster would be unique, if dies is lost in your campaign and the god curses you for a few years because is your fault that your mythical being dies. Mythical creatures would be something that fits the religion of each culture, including divine Possession in battle of your general for some cases.

Creatures of Egypt:

Ammit

b25c2e7ac324adda37226a8841601575.jpgSesepankh (the name in old egyptian for the famous sphinx wich means 'living image')

6a5cb8510adc3765def3fb1c4d4f08bc.jpg

Uadjet (goddess bodyguard of the pharaoh, and the lower Egypt)

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

This would be enough, has enough meaning, while all other things would be just spells, blessings and curses.

Other cultures next:

Mycenaeans:

1. Minotaur: A creature with a human body and a bull's head that lived in a labyrinth on the island of Crete. It symbolized power and was feared by all.

2. Cyclops: Giants with a single eye, known for their extraordinary strength. They were believed to forge weapons for the gods.

3. Gorgon: Female creatures with snake-like hair whose gaze could turn mortals to stone.

Hittites:

1. Illuyanka: A dragon or giant serpent that was the primary enemy of the storm god Tarhunna, representing chaos and disorder.

2. Hedammu: A sea dragon that fought against the goddess Ishtar. This creature could be seen as a maritime threat to the Hittites.

3. Ullikummi: A giant made of stone, born to challenge the gods, who attempted to take control of the world.

Babylonians:

1. Tiamat: Goddess of chaos and the ocean, represented as a dragon or sea serpent. She led the forces of chaos in a battle against Marduk.

2. Lamassu: A creature with the body of a bull or lion, eagle wings, and a human head. It acted as a protector, placed at palace entrances.

3. Anzû: A giant bird capable of stealing the power of the gods. It was an enemy of the god Enlil.

Assyrians:

1. Pazuzu: A demon spirit with the head of a lion or dog and eagle wings. It was believed to repel other demons and evil spirits.

2. Ugallu: A demon that protected against disease and plagues, represented as a winged lion.

3. Lamashtu: A malevolent deity that preyed on children but could be invoked in protection rituals by summoning its opposite, Pazuzu.

Trojans:

1. Scamander: Visualized as a towering, humanoid figure made of swirling water with reeds and river stones embedded in its form. He radiates the aura of an ancient river god, wielding a trident-like scepter to summon floods and currents, which he uses to protect the city of Troy.

2. Hippocampus: Appearing as an elegant, mythical creature with the forequarters of a horse and the tail of a fish, its scales shimmer in the sun as it leaps from the waves. Fins extend from its back, helping it glide through the sea, and it has a crest of seahorse-like manes.

3. Hecuba's Phantom: Manifesting as a spectral woman draped in flowing robes, her ghostly form is shrouded in a mist-like aura. Her eyes glow with ethereal fire as she glides above the ground, cursing Troy's enemies with a ghastly wail.

Libyans:

1. Amon (Amun or Ammon): Depicted as a muscular man with the head of a ram and curved horns, wearing a regal headdress and a flowing robe. He holds a staff that radiates divine energy and commands the wind to shield the Libyan people.

2. Antaeus: A giant with sinewy muscles, standing several stories tall, with wild hair and a thick beard. His bronze skin is covered in dirt, symbolizing his connection to the Earth. He wields a massive club and gains strength with every step on the ground.

3. Garamantes Warrior Spirits: A spectral army of chariot-mounted warriors clad in bronze armor, their ghostly steeds galloping across the sands. They wield spears and shields glowing with a supernatural light, embodying the fighting spirit of the Garamantes.

Canaanites:

1. Yamm: A sea serpent with a long, sinuous body covered in emerald scales and crowned with coral and barnacles. His eyes burn with the fire of storms, and his forked tongue lashes out as he roars, summoning waves and whirlpools to drown his enemies.

2. Mot: A skeletal figure with hollow eyes and a gaping mouth, shrouded in tattered robes that seem to absorb light. His fingers are long and bony, and he wields a scythe-like weapon made from the bones of his victims, symbolizing his dominion over death.

3. Resheph: A fearsome warrior god with flaming hair and eyes, clad in gleaming bronze armor. He wields a spear that crackles with lightning, and his cloak is adorned with symbols of disease and war, showing his role as the bringer of plague and destruction.

Elamites:

1. Inshushinak: A bull-headed god with a muscular humanoid body, draped in royal robes and adorned with golden jewelry. He carries a scale in one hand, symbolizing justice, and a mace in the other, representing his authority over the underworld.

2. Kiririsha: A mother goddess with a nurturing expression, her body enveloped in rich garments that resemble flowing fields. She holds a cornucopia overflowing with fruits and grains in one hand and a serpent-wrapped staff in the other, symbolizing fertility.

3. Humban: A bearded figure with piercing eyes and a crown of leaves, symbolizing protection and wisdom. He wears an embroidered robe and holds a scepter topped with a dove, his protective aura radiating calmness.

Apiru/Habiru  (Hebrews Late Bronze Age):

1. Leviathan: A multi-headed sea monster with serpent-like bodies covered in scales and glistening in various shades of blue and green. Each head has glowing yellow eyes, and their sharp teeth are capable of tearing through ships. Leviathan commands the ocean with its titanic size.

2. Behemoth: A colossal land creature resembling a hippopotamus or ox with thick, muscular limbs and a massive tail. Its hide is tough like armor, and its roar shakes the ground, symbolizing unstoppable strength.

3. Ziz: A mythical bird with rainbow-colored feathers and a wingspan that can blot out the sun. Its beak is sharp like a spear, and it soars through the sky, summoning storms with its flapping wings.

Updated 12 days ago.
0Send private message
12 days ago
May 7, 2024, 10:05:59 PM

more variety in the faces and uniforms of the generals who are generalists, not more clone generals.

more variety in the faces of the troops, there are many faces that are clones.

more historical events and dilemmas and videos that liven up and give immersion to the campaign.

more complexity and more historical and realistic diplomatic options.

more actions,more intrigues,more political options at court that are in keeping with the epoch.

of course, the strategic map remains as detailed as the one that has been created, with many provinces, historical and immersive.

if it is possible to improve the AI, make it more intelligent and rational and not imply that the more difficult it is, the more bonuses for the AI, we want a good AI that plays without bonuses in a realistic way, that its troops act accordingly whether they are militias or professional troops without no bonus,this gives greater historical realism.

regarding the new factions,assyrian that is a military power, with a large, well equipped and organized army, with militia troops, but also with a large number of professional troops.that is why assyria created an empire that encompassed egypt and the entire middle east,let the military power of assyria be noted in the game.

that kings,characters and all generals can die both in combat and from other causes and old age.

that the children of royalty have unique characteristics and unique models, that they are not general generalists.

that in the game there are more historical and unique generals.

i agree with the proposals of the other users,except the one that proposes mythological and fantastic things, they should not be in an exclusively historical game and for CA dedicating fantastic mythology to the game is a waste of time, efforts and resources that are needed to further enhance the historical aspect of the game.

Updated 12 days ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment