[Napoleon] crashes to desktop during battles

Copied to clipboard!
4 months ago
Jan 26, 2024, 5:32:29 PM

Hi

I recently built a new PC with a friend of mine, and it seems to work fine hardware-wise. I haven't got a new-one in over ten years now, and my old one used to run Napoleon just fine.

When I started playing Napoleon again on my new machine, I tried to do the Iberian Peninsular Campaign as Spain, but I experienced ctds in something like three out of four battles - and battles exclusively. The game is unplayable like this. I've tried every Youtube tutorial I could find, but nothing seems to be working. I also already tried out every step of SEGAs official "fix-list" (Link: https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4407164255377-My-Total-War-game-on-STEAM-does-not-launch-and-or-crashes) besides trying it from a different Windows account. That being said my own Windows account isn't veryfied (yet), but I don't think this should cause a game to crash, right? CK2 seems to be working just fine for example.

Thank you for your help in advance

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 27, 2024, 12:53:04 AM

I suggest getting your Windows stuff straight first.  MicroSoft can be a real pain about certain things relating to them (speaking from experience.  Second, make sure your DX version is available.  If Steam doesn't get it done in their redistributable update, usually on install, then you can get it yourself from MS.

Good luck.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment