[ROME: REMASTERED] Stupid question Re: Old Saves

Copied to clipboard!
4 months ago
Jan 21, 2024, 7:07:15 PM

Hi All,

It's been ages since I've returned to these forums (circa Rome II), took a hiatus when CA took a hiatus from new historical titles. So my apologies if this has been asked before. I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to old saves & no matter how many PCs I upgrade, I always keep my ancient saves like ancient versions of trophies. This includes saves from the original T.W. Rome, Barbarian Invasions & Alexander.

I know it's probably a long shot but has anyone ever tried to use / manually import their saves from the original game to this new remaster? I remember trying something similar with Steam's new version of Star Wars: Empire At War, and while Lucasfilm Games / Petroglyph didn't remaster that game they still fundamentally changed how saves worked. So the folder directory wasn't the same & the game couldn't even read my old saves, possibly the file format changed too. I'm assuming that, especially with the graphical / feature updates, Rome Remastered is too different now to even hope that old saves could work? Has anyone been crazy enough to try? Lol.

Thanks.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment