"CA LIBS Medieval suffered a fatal error and will now exit" Modding Issue

Copied to clipboard!
4 months ago
Jan 18, 2024, 8:11:03 PM

I'm trying to apply the 4gb patch from the Elder Scrolls Total War moddb download. I cannot run the mod without the 4gb patch, but everytime I try to paste I receive the error above. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, verifying games files and giving full control to my securities. I'm using the steam version of Medieval Total War II, so i have my medieval.exe and the copy I made "kingdoms.exe". Any advice on what's wrong here would help!

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 20, 2024, 2:44:58 AM
Player#638719 wrote:

I'm trying to apply the 4gb patch from the Elder Scrolls Total War moddb download. I cannot run the mod without the 4gb patch, but everytime I try to paste I receive the error above. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, verifying games files and giving full control to my securities. I'm using the steam version of Medieval Total War II, so i have my medieval.exe and the copy I made "kingdoms.exe". Any advice on what's wrong here would help!

The patch gets applied to the game's executable file(s), medieval2 and kingdoms, there certainly is no 'paste' involved in that procedure.
CA LIBS usually means the game's main CFG file is messed up, so I am not sure what exactly you did during patching.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment