This game still would like some patching CA :)

Copied to clipboard!
7 months ago
Oct 5, 2023, 11:38:26 AM

I am not saying I want new content in this game - although I wouldn't say no to it, and I'm fairly sure a good amount of people still playing this game would agree with me on that - but you should definitely consider making some more patches to fix some of the minor issues that just "stack up" and basically reduce the enjoyment one can get from this game :
be it for :

- Battle Balancing : such as - but not restricted to - units being mostly to completely irrelevant such as the heavy cavalry units, the archer units or the Ji line).

- Battle Bugs : AI of Records generals probably not configured properly (they all use the same AI instead of more finely detailed ones more fitting for their role according to the Wu Xing, ie : Vanguards being used as Shock Cavalry)

- Mechanic Balancing : such as - but again not restricted to - Imperial Favour, Faction Council & Cao Cao Schemes. (Unironically most of the things that require further balancing are 1.7 related stuff. But it's not the only things don't worry :) )

- Fixing scripts : Enemy of the Han working backwards (people should hate the enemy of the Han, instead they hate the people), Dong Zhuo civil war not working properly, Looters not spawning on the ports.

- Fixing historical battles : Due to having no defined abilities, hero (and actually some units such as the Azure Dragons) stack up all abilities which aren't relevant. Additionally some of the characters used are just wrong. For exemple Xiapi battle uses Jia Gu and Gong Chen (which are Guo Jia and Chen Gong, two characters that actually have portraits nowadays as well)
- Actually making the FLC units actually FLC and not restricting their use in Multiplayer/Custom Battles (cf : Cataphracts, Heavy Mounted Archers)
- Campaign balancing : Minor factions being so poor they can't achieve a single thing is not a good thing. Peasantry being such a BAD source of income is not a good thing. (because it's terrible, really, and it's a problem because a lot of the big players (Cao Cao, Yuan Shao to only name those are in peasantry related commanderies and therefore struggle with their economy)
- Campaign bugs : Ranging from fixing the missing tiles that create a hole in the map, cutting the forest that encroaches on Pengcheng commandery, the issue of armies going AWOL depending on the camera angle & distance, the player faction seemingly inability to generate new characters (which means if the player is the last faction of a certain culture the character pool just dries up)

Three Kingdoms is a beautiful game. It didn't deserve the ending it got (whilst it was understandable if it was an economic decision afaic) and I don't want to demean the efforts to bring us a "Three Kingdoms 2" that would focus on things that CANNOT be fixed in 1 (esp. on stuff related to character relationships & court management). But our Total War : Three Kingdoms is still a game that could be improved and polished. And CA should strive to do so.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 5, 2023, 2:00:19 PM

As much as I would love to see more patches the odds of this happening are so low it be a miracle if it does happen.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 7, 2023, 2:47:10 AM

Yeah the odds are basically non-existent.

There COULD be a tiny teeny tinsy light of hope with the release of the HYENAS staff if CA could make a compelling argument to SEGA about having a small team (10 to 20 people) actually bugfixing their old games (think Empire onwards - not just 3K) to keep quality up and give a bit of community confidence. Also maybe save some of the jobs in jeopardy that way (oh who am I kidding, most of those people are already gone because that's how it works and it's absolutely depressing >_>)

But it would break mods, definitely
- which means taking this into account and keeping a "Legacy" branch up.

Frankly it's a 0.00001% thing. And I feel pretty bad to think about this in the current context (which is that CA ain't going too well, people are losing their jobs, their livelyhood and fools like me are here asking even more of them)

But, yeah, I can just hope. And I will. 3K is a product that exists, that could have been much greater than what it is but still a pretty damn good game. Bugfixing - not even rebalancing - would actually go a long way to make it shine even brighter. The rest is superfluous.

Updated 7 months ago.
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 7, 2023, 12:38:01 PM

oh yes please!

a nice big fix fix patch would be a fitting ending to this great game.

as for the lost content, I would have liked another DLC, the last one....the one about the three kingdoms. Unfortunately we will never see the last step. but who knows, maybe it will happen like in Rome 2, which received other DLCs after 5 years...

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment