Please consider a Campaign pack or Standalone expansion for an actual 3K setting

Copied to clipboard!
2 months ago
Mar 16, 2024, 4:44:11 AM

In the moving on announcement video, one of the developer mentioned that there was over 8 million Liu Bei campaign being forged. To put things into perspective, the last TWW3 IE stats released by CA stated Karl Franz, the most played LL had over 2 million campaigns.

If that data is not convincing enough to embark on a 3K project. I am not sure what will. Even if it is a side project reusing 3K's engine, I would be content. Besides the financial factor, CA should also consider this project to honor their word in that infamous moving on announcement video. As a TW fan, I would like to purchase Pharaoh esp after the major price cut followed by the current 20% discount. However, everytime my impulse to purchase is supersede by my ethics for not purchasing any historical TW till CA honor their word in the "moving on from 3K" video. 

Cheers.

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 16, 2024, 10:25:26 AM

Well the moving on video said they were moving on to a second 3K game. They wont pull them back to make a spin-off game. Issue for 3K was to few people were buying the additional content, Liu Bei being a base game character doesn't help that.

What word? They done everything I recall them saying from that vid, they ended support for 3K although did release a couple of patches since and their team moved on to other projects.

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 5, 2024, 5:58:03 PM

I hope they find the time and resources to come back to this game the same they did for Rome 2.

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 6, 2024, 7:35:06 AM
Jedidias1#5903 wrote:

I hope they find the time and resources to come back to this game the same they did for Rome 2.

They wont, they got a new studio and had them effectively train up on R2. They are in their second round of staff cuts now so very much the opposite.

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 7, 2024, 10:10:56 AM
Commisar#2307 wrote:
Jedidias1#5903 wrote:

They wont, they got a new studio and had them effectively train up on R2. They are in their second round of staff cuts now so very much the opposite.

When RotR was released, the official statement made by CA was on the premise that R2 still had a considerable amount of players. The "training" part is pretty much speculative from the community and could never be proven. In addition, CA Sofia isn't a new studio. They have been around developing strategy games before SEGA acquired the studio. The "training" part is not convincing enough. 

Retrenchment is part and parcel of corporate strategy. Nonetheless, this should not be an excuse for organization not to proceed with high potential projects. After all, we do hear rumors about TW WW1 and 40K. If true, I think CA must be suffering from serious tunnel vision and other management dysfunction syndrome. They are just going to repeat the failure over at Relic which is quite amazing if you ask me.

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 7, 2024, 6:49:50 PM
united84#8186 wrote:

When RotR was released, the official statement made by CA was on the premise that R2 still had a considerable amount of players. The "training" part is pretty much speculative from the community and could never be proven. In addition, CA Sofia isn't a new studio. They have been around developing strategy games before SEGA acquired the studio. The "training" part is not convincing enough. 

Retrenchment is part and parcel of corporate strategy. Nonetheless, this should not be an excuse for organization not to proceed with high potential projects. After all, we do hear rumors about TW WW1 and 40K. If true, I think CA must be suffering from serious tunnel vision and other management dysfunction syndrome. They are just going to repeat the failure over at Relic which is quite amazing if you ask me.

They had been around, but not working on CA and SEGAs style and systems or their engine. It does require time to learn how to use a new engine which is training.

It also still required them having an extra studio with effectively nothing currently on their plates. They really don't have that now. 

This isn't a high potential project, it's very much the opposite.

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 7, 2024, 8:35:32 PM

As much as I would love to a Three Kingdoms start date there would have to be some changes to playing as vassal or how creating an empire works for such a start date to work, otherwise you just end up with another buggy mess like Mandate of Heaven.

(This of course without going into the unlikelihood of more support or a squeal that is becoming just as unlikely)  

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment