Please consider supporting THREE KINGDOMS again.

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Feb 14, 2024, 3:16:22 PM

With your last message to the fans of the franchise, I wanted to thank you in advance for this new approach to the total war community, however I come to express my desire to see THREE KINGDOMS reach its true potential, new areas of the map revealed, such as mongolia and korea, new factions populating china, more unique characters in addition to changing the appearance of some already generic characters in the game, THREE KINGDOMS has a unique setting, and when reached its potential it will undoubtedly be the Top 2 or 3 of the entire franchise in the next 10 years to come, Please at least try to have a meeting about the possibility, as I am reviewing the new policy in Total War: PHARAOH of map expansion and new factions, I take into consideration the players' willingness to see the potential of 3K being reached without abandoning it, thank you, a fan of 2004.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 14, 2024, 3:39:34 PM

They already did, they even told us plans for future expansions. Too few people bought in to the DLC for it to be worth while for CA and they felt it was better to move on. They did what they have for Wh3 and Pharaoh and it didn't work back then and still got to see if it works out for them now.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 14, 2024, 3:59:14 PM

There's tons of issues for them to fix, it should be their responsibility to address these blatant things as long as the game is out for sale.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 6:24:43 PM

I understand the spaghetti code issue going on with TW3K. Hence, I am more incline to believe CA lacked the manpower on the programming side to support the game rather than the "DLCs not selling well".

Nonetheless, it would have been nice to see some cosmetic DLCs being continued for 3K. Nothing to do with coding, just cosmetics for the unique characters with generic models. 

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 7:48:37 PM
united84#8186 wrote:

I understand the spaghetti code issue going on with TW3K. Hence, I am more incline to believe CA lacked the manpower on the programming side to support the game rather than the "DLCs not selling well".

Nonetheless, it would have been nice to see some cosmetic DLCs being continued for 3K. Nothing to do with coding, just cosmetics for the unique characters with generic models. 

The spaghetti code issue is why I am still holding out hope for a "Three Kingdoms 2." Sometimes it is better to start fresh. 

More recent TW games like Troy, Warhammer III, and Pharaoh run smoother/are better optimized, and have more advanced scripted mechanics with less chance of breaking (compared with all the broken event chains in 3K). These are all changes that would especially benefit a game in the Three Kingdoms settings, being a more narrative-focused game that needs factions differentiated by mechanics if not culture. There are lots of improvements already present in current TW games that 3K can benefit from, in addition to a bunch of new things they can add. 

I saw the rumor of "Three Kingdoms 2" being cancelled and sincerely hope it's not true. 3K was amazing and revealed the hidden potential that can be hopefully unlocked sometime soon.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment