CA, Please reconsider adding a generic hero to Khorne in the upcoming DLC

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
Sep 10, 2024, 9:40:48 PM
When it comes to mono-god factions in the base game, Khorne already has the least BY FAR when it comes to generic characters. If there were any change to the "1 generic lord, 1 generic hero" format, I would've wanted MORE than one of either when it comes to Khorne specifically. After all four chaos factions get dlc they are going to look like this as it stands right NOW (Not counting daemon princes or exalted greater daemons bc they cant be recruited normally)(assuming slaanesh gets a sorcerer lord and exalted hero):Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Slaanesh: 3 lords (+2 for variants), and 4 heroes (+2 for variants)
Khorne: 3 lords (no variants unless unknown dlc lord does), and 3 heroes (no variants)
Yeah, 3 heroes isn't the worst (not like cathay when they had 2 heroes w/ no variants and they were both wizards lol (or norsca.....)) but When you consider that Khorne doesn't have any ranged characters or especially ANY magic or spell casting in any form; nothing even akin to dwarf rune magic. There is practically no variety of heroes in gameplay. I personally think that Khorne could use a ranged generic hero, and I'd dream for it to have a skull cannon mount.
back to the title; I beg of you, please reconsider, and if there is nothing already existing to add as a hero, then maybe discuss with games workshop on creating a new type of generic character. You did this for some of the grand cathay content in Shadows of Change, so I don't see why you cant here. Especially when it's because of a LACK of pre-existing content for Khorne.
0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 10, 2024, 9:52:48 PM

The fact that Rich said that they looked in all the books of GW and couldn't find a suitable hero, means it's possible that GW just wouldn't ok some of their choices.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 10, 2024, 10:04:15 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

The fact that Rich said that they looked in all the books of GW and couldn't find a suitable hero, means it's possible that GW just wouldn't ok some of their choices.

Yeah, I definitely got those vibes too. It just seems really weird that they would OK something from end times but not be willing to give them anything to work with for generic heroes. :/

Just really weird and confusing to me. Too bad they don't/can't tell us when this happens. I'm sure people would understand.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 10, 2024, 10:45:31 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

Yeah, this is absolutely on GW. They wont let them add a new generic hero.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 10, 2024, 11:09:40 PM

It probably says that since Tzinch, Slaanesh and Nurgle have their own mages as lords and heroes, it's likely that GW didn't give anything for Khorne and when I saw Skarr I was of course surprised, but as for the minor lord, maybe it will be a Priest of Slaugther and maybe GW gave him the right but didn't give him a hero due to lack of material, which could be the case

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 11, 2024, 4:02:46 AM

Not much you can add with no casters.

A Hero version of a Bloodfather is basically a Cultist.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 11, 2024, 8:21:17 AM
Their arguments are valid for the generic lord too, i realy don't know what they will come up with.

If they were able to pull a generic lord from their asses, why not a lesser hero version of it ? Maybe it's impossible (like a hero deamon prince, or hero slann) so i'm realy curious.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 11, 2024, 8:48:58 AM

Yeah, Gorebull of Khorne seems really obvious. Gives a monstrous hero option, doesn't lead armies. 

Must be a GW thing.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 11, 2024, 8:51:43 AM

DarthEnderX-#6513 wrote:

Not much you can add with no casters.

A Hero version of a Bloodfather is basically a Cultist.

This.

Maybe they made a "Cultist type" lord and with the hero version already existing, they are stuck. 

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 11, 2024, 11:37:15 AM

Captain_Rex#1635 wrote:

Minotaur Hero would be such a low hanging fruit for CA... Seeing Skarr wasted as a LH is just sad. 

They probably didn’t want to be in a situation where they add a marked beastmen generic character for one Monogod, and don’t add one for the rest.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 11, 2024, 11:53:39 AM

Here is how one could've done Khorne:

Doombull, or Bloodbull if you want to change the name, with a Greatweapon. Greatweapon Minotaurs are anti-large and boom, you have an anti-large generic for Khorne that also works to put in the Beastmen roster (considering the regular is a boxer for some reason).

Change the Exalted Hero of Khorne to instead wield a anti-large Halberd, leaving Axe&Shield to the Cultist.

Gorebull of Khorne with dual axes. Dual axes Minotaurs are anti-infantry and what do you know, it also works in the Beastmen roster because the Gorebull regular is a Greatweapon.

0Send private message
a month ago
Sep 11, 2024, 12:27:47 PM

If the lord is some type of Bloodfather priest character, it's possible they didn't want a hero version of that, because they don't want every single Khorne army to have a priest in it, or that GW said they didn't want that. 

That's what I'm expecting, as if it's a marked BM lord, why would they not just add a marked BM hero as well?

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
16 days ago
Sep 29, 2024, 12:06:54 AM

I realized something else about this: Warriors of Chaos only have a whopping ONE Khorne hero option... They also don't even get access to the warshrine of Khorne as a mount option for ANY character whereas the other monos get them on their sorcerers. They could make the cultists available to WoC to make up for this but personally I think it would be better to have something new fit here. Look at valkia's options for lords and heroes compared to literally any of the others.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Sep 29, 2024, 12:29:41 AM

Averath#4228 wrote:
Yeah, this is absolutely on GW. They wont let them add a new generic hero.

Good, we dont need any of the AoS 'totally not a caster bro, trust me' stupidity ruining Khorne.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Sep 29, 2024, 3:59:20 AM

Surge_2#1464 wrote:

Good, we dont need any of the AoS 'totally not a caster bro, trust me' stupidity ruining Khorne.

did the dwarfs "totally not a caster bro, trust me" rune lords  ruin dwarfs?

0Send private message
16 days ago
Sep 29, 2024, 7:21:07 AM

SpaceTurtle97#8891 wrote:
They also don't even get access to the warshrine of Khorne as a mount option for ANY character whereas the other monos get them on their sorcerers.

So what? You can always get it as a unit.

WoC are fine when it comes to marked heroes (except for the lack of Exalted Hero with Mark of Slaanesh).

0Send private message
16 days ago
Sep 29, 2024, 7:21:53 AM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

Surge_2#1464 wrote:

did the dwarfs "totally not a caster bro, trust me" rune lords  ruin dwarfs?

Runes are are a part of the Dwarfs, this is canon, deep in their entity and ga.eplay (even find CA not did enough)

Is it no near comparable, to making a semi caster for khorne who hate then deep in his being.

Not get me wrong bery likely that the lord they wanna suprise us with 

Still saying dwarf are ruin because Rune lord is a giant stretch

0Send private message
16 days ago
Sep 29, 2024, 12:52:40 PM

Lunaticprince#9972 wrote:
Runes are are a part of the Dwarfs, this is canon

and Bloodfathers and Bloodspeakers are a part of the canon as well.

Is it no near comparable

it is in fact comparable. A rune system that functions pretty much like magic, and a prayers system are comparable.

Still saying dwarf are ruin because Rune lord is a giant stretch

and saying Khorne would be ruined because of priests is also a stretch.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment