Adding a formation was a good idea

Copied to clipboard!
25 days ago
Apr 17, 2024, 7:36:07 PM

I´ve seen that you added a formation for the  Ironbreakers, although I don´t know if the formation will be good, useless or too OP I like the fact that you dared to do it and you seem to be making the gameplay a little more and more complicated with each update and I think that´s good. I encourage you to keep adding formations to more units.

0Send private message
25 days ago
Apr 17, 2024, 7:55:44 PM

It defiantly gives hope for Piek formations for DoW (pikes could be a major new feature for them)

0Send private message
25 days ago
Apr 17, 2024, 10:36:13 PM

looks super damn OP but thankfully its only campaign. I'd like to see real formations in the game but not ones that are just braindead stat buffs

0Send private message
24 days ago
Apr 18, 2024, 12:06:37 AM
Loupi#8512 wrote:

looks super damn OP but thankfully its only campaign. I'd like to see real formations in the game but not ones that are just braindead stat buffs

Agree. And a shame it´s only for campaign.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 27, 2024, 11:59:21 PM
Bastilean#7242 wrote:

How would you make formations that aren't brain dead stat buffs?

By booting up any historical title.

0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 28, 2024, 2:00:42 AM
Bastilean#7242 wrote:

examples:

loose formation: is good for avoiding missile fire but worse for stopping things running you down

phalanx formation: allows multiple ranks of pikes to attack instead of just the first, but makes it very hard to turn and move

diamond formation: makes turning a unit easier due to being able to follow the front man and make penetrating a point in a line easier

shield wall: make the units hard to punch through due to concentration of mass but has weakness to artillery and magic

square: cant be flanked but cant move

all these things are doable in this engine without artificially stat buffing. you can give little extras like expert charge defense and such where appropriate to emphasise what the actual geomtery of the formation is doing but theres no need to do things like +10MD or +50% charge bonus

0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 28, 2024, 3:50:10 AM
Loupi#8512 wrote:
Bastilean#7242 wrote:

examples:

loose formation: is good for avoiding missile fire but worse for stopping things running you down

phalanx formation: allows multiple ranks of pikes to attack instead of just the first, but makes it very hard to turn and move

diamond formation: makes turning a unit easier due to being able to follow the front man and make penetrating a point in a line easier

shield wall: make the units hard to punch through due to concentration of mass but has weakness to artillery and magic

square: cant be flanked but cant move

all these things are doable in this engine without artificially stat buffing. you can give little extras like expert charge defense and such where appropriate to emphasise what the actual geomtery of the formation is doing but theres no need to do things like +10MD or +50% charge bonus

This never truly worked even when infantry had no knockdowns or any historical title the chagre interaction always meant that cav would almost certainly do less damage/kills and would be much harder to pull through than tite formation unit. 

loose formation is OP.

Updated 14 days ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment