THE Total War that will bring CA back to success

Copied to clipboard!
4 months ago
Feb 20, 2024, 5:55:49 PM

Total War Lord Of The Rings

Yes there is 40k, Empire 2, Medieval 3, Rome 3 etc.

But what if there is a theme that has been in demand for 20 years! It’s Lords Of The Rings, well before all the others.

One Total War to rule them all, one Total War to find them, One Total War to bring them all.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Feb 20, 2024, 6:43:21 PM

I don't think you have grasped why Warhammer has been the cash cow for Creative Assembly. It is not the main game by itself, but the DLC that continues to provide income. Lord of the Rings would have a tiny fraction of content in comparison. Warhammer 40k is an even bigger universe (no pun intended) than Warhammer and has a much bigger following.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 months ago
Feb 20, 2024, 7:25:42 PM

Certainly but in culture. You have more people fans of LOTR than Warhammer.

I really like WH.

But it's a fact, Lotr surpasses Warhammer in people's hearts.

This may not be your case or those of others. But if there was already a total war LOTR, the fans would be there to decide.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Feb 20, 2024, 7:59:41 PM

Another detail, when we go to a Game like CK3, HOI4, EUIV, I see more LOTR mods than Warhammer.

Same before TW WH existed, we had mods on LOTR (third age) etc.

Never warhammer.

LOTR is much more demanded by the geek community, that's a fact

0Send private message
4 months ago
Feb 20, 2024, 9:42:50 PM
Achaelys#2963 wrote:

Certainly but in culture. You have more people fans of LOTR than Warhammer.

I really like WH.

But it's a fact, Lotr surpasses Warhammer in people's hearts.

This may not be your case or those of others. But if there was already a total war LOTR, the fans would be there to decide.

Not according to numbers. LotR is actually becoming more..out dated. It's no longer seen as heresy for people to say they aren't fans of the books. We then also have the numbers where yeah it's not as marketable as WH is, especially in the gaming sector. But in fairness WH has the advantage there, it is built to be a game while LotR is quite often counter to gaming, especially TW.

LotR is also easier to mod with the less need of monsters like WHF has, didn't need the addition of the magic system either. Most LotR games haven't been overly impressive in sales. Biggest is Shadow of War which has several advantages, being an RPG and releasing on console especially.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Feb 21, 2024, 11:14:32 AM
Achaelys#2963 wrote:

Total War Lord Of The Rings

Yes there is 40k, Empire 2, Medieval 3, Rome 3 etc.

But what if there is a theme that has been in demand for 20 years! It’s Lords Of The Rings, well before all the others.

One Total War to rule them all, one Total War to find them, One Total War to bring them all.

LOL. Unless you have a magical crystal ball that you can look into the future of various alternate parallel universe. This statement is pretty much your own self conviction. 

There is a reason why EA abandoned its LoTR gaming franchise and yes, I bought and played LoTR RTS game in the past. Both LoTR and  40K are just terribad ideas. Not sure if the devs are also keen with the idea but seriously dawg, if they wants SEGA to bleed cash then be my guest. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 months ago
Feb 21, 2024, 1:18:18 PM

I think they'll go for 40K. The have a great relationship with GW and the DLC opportunities is almost limitless. Add to that 40K will be consistently added to and then we also have the new films and series coming through.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Feb 22, 2024, 8:47:52 PM
united84#8186 a écrit :
Achaelys#2963 a écrit :

Total War Seigneur des Anneaux

Oui, il y a 40k, Empire 2, Medieval 3, Rome 3 etc.

Mais et s’il y avait un thème demandé depuis 20 ans ! C'est Le Seigneur des Anneaux, bien avant tous les autres.

Une guerre totale pour les gouverner tous, une guerre totale pour les trouver, une guerre totale pour les amener tous.

MDR. À moins que vous n'ayez une boule de cristal magique, vous pouvez envisager l'avenir de divers univers parallèles alternatifs. Cette affirmation est à peu près votre propre conviction. 

Il y a une raison pour laquelle EA a abandonné sa franchise de jeux LoTR et oui, j'ai acheté et joué au jeu LoTR RTS dans le passé. LoTR et 40K ne sont que de très mauvaises idées. Je ne sais pas si les développeurs sont également enthousiastes à l'idée, mais sérieusement, s'ils veulent que SEGA saigne de l'argent, alors soyez mon invité.

Avez-vous aussi une boule de cristal ?

Anglais sur le forum s'il vous plaît.

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment