1.9% have completed the VH/Legendary HE Campaign?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 2:05:41 AM

SerPus#7395 wrote:

Why would you complete campaigns in the first place?

after long victory you usually at a point where you just win fight after fight with auto resolve so yeah, it gets really dull.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 3:07:09 AM

I don't play VH or legendary. 

I enjoy having fun. 

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 6:10:57 AM

Now look at the % for every other race. It's the highest out of all the races that haven't received any content in game 3.

Also, the achievement is only triggered on long victory, IIRC, and by that point, the campaign is already basically just going through the motions. Short victory would be a much better indicator of something, since players will actually complete their short victory conditions fairly reliably, but there's no achievement for that.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 7:05:15 AM

I play on Hard just to have fun, not to be unreasonably challenged.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 7:55:55 AM

Vashyo#5079 wrote:

after long victory you usually at a point where you just win fight after fight with auto resolve so yeah, it gets really dull.

This, the vast majority of the time I simply stop after getting a long victory. I don't care about painting the map. I don't care about the boring and repetitive end game armies that spawn either.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 8:05:35 AM

Top 2 reasons I've not got a long victory with Eltharion-

1. The campaign is done way before long victory. Usually snowballed to be completely unstoppable by the time short victory triggers, what's the point of continuing? It's just a boring AR grindfest.

2. High Elves. Urgh.

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 10:28:52 AM

Beast_of_Guanyin#8747 wrote:

I enjoy having fun. 

There are 2 kinds of Total War players, those who want to have to use strategy in their strategy game.. and those who enjoy the Changeling campaign.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 10:56:19 AM

Vashyo#5079 wrote:

SerPus#7395 wrote:

I'd say you get there long before you achieve a long victory.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 11:28:51 AM

Celery#7483 wrote:

I enjoy having fun. 

There are 2 kinds of Total War players, those who want to have to use strategy in their strategy game.. and those who enjoy the Changeling campaign.

VH and Legendary don't force strategy any more than any other difficulty. 

It's not a very strategic game really.

Updated 2 days ago.
0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 11:45:07 AM

Vashyo#5079 wrote:

SerPus#7395 wrote:

You get to that point long before long victory. Heck, before you even get the short victory the game already turns into an auto resolve snoozefest.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 12:19:53 PM

Ugh..

The headline gave me ptsd flahbacks to comrade Veresh threads back on the old forums

Dont be that guy lol

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 1:06:08 PM

I have been on the edge of starting an Imrik VH campaign for a few weeks now. But HE don't have enough new toys to motivate me. So I'll just wait for Aislinn.

Anyway, I don't think Steam achievements are a good indicator. Most people who wanted to play HE probaly did it before CA created those achievements. Edit: Also most players don't play in VH (which is absolutely normal).

Updated a day ago.
0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 1:23:40 PM

Celery#7483 wrote:

I enjoy having fun. 

VH and Legendary don't force strategy any more than any other difficulty. 

It's not a very strategic game really.

Of course they do.

A bad move can lose your game early on VH/Legendary. On Normal/Hard the game is basically a sandbox.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 6:50:23 PM
Just want to say that the Victory Condition Overhaul mod is great for making campaign goals much more interesting, and usually attainable before you reach the point of "terminal autoresolve."

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 6:51:20 PM

I can honestly say that I do not believe that I have completed the long victory conditions on any IE campaign - I just get bored long before that.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 7:16:11 PM

Sad, no wonder this game is niche when even the forumites can hardly be bothered to play what is objectively some of the best content the game offers. At least its keeping above 30K concurrent players and isnt dead yet.

Lets hope 2025 brings a change in fortunes.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Oct 13, 2024, 7:48:43 PM

Surge_2#1464 wrote:

Sad, no wonder this game is niche when even the forumites can hardly be bothered to play what is objectively some of the best content the game offers. At least its keeping above 30K concurrent players and isnt dead yet.

Lets hope 2025 brings a change in fortunes.

How people play a sandbox game is up to them. If you like playing HE to the end then cool.. play

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment