I honestly feel like Khorne doesn't need that much of a rework.

Copied to clipboard!
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 6:54:48 PM

They've got a solid roster, good campaign mechanics, flavorful gameplay, etc.

The only real 'issue' is that sometimes it's a pain to hunt down stuff to kill, but I get the sense that was probably the intent.

I don't even really know what could need tweaking? I guess Blood for the Blood God is kinda mid? Some of the techs aren't great?

IDK, really seems like Ogres are gonna get the brunt of the reworks this go around.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 7:03:47 PM

Exactly. Maybe modify the tech tree a little bit.

That's why they will be able to focus on reworking the Ogres as well as (hopefully) giving each Greenskins LL their own mechanics.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 7:13:38 PM

I can only speak for myself but I hate Skarrbrands campaign, i hate the over the top low economy that is so weak you are allways in the red, I hate to constantly seek out battles against the clock. I hate the settle ruins mechanic, I hate how it makes it hard (not in a fun way) to build an empire, I hate how weak your settlements are and I hate the constant rush. 

Is it fitting for Skarrbrand? yes I can't deny it but it doesn't change the fact that I hate it. I hope Skulltaker gets a completely different mechanic that lets us build things up.

Wouldn't mind they tweak Skarrbrand as well, I lvoe the guy but it is such a boring and at the same time frustrating campaign for me. 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 7:22:04 PM

Only thing I'd maybe like to see is for Chaos Warriors of Khorne and bloodletters to not be tier 0 units now that the roster is bigger. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 7:58:17 PM

Itssomething#2248 wrote:

I can only speak for myself but I hate Skarrbrands campaign, i hate the over the top low economy that is so weak you are allways in the red, I hate to constantly seek out battles against the clock. I hate the settle ruins mechanic, I hate how it makes it hard (not in a fun way) to build an empire, I hate how weak your settlements are and I hate the constant rush. 

Is it fitting for Skarrbrand? yes I can't deny it but it doesn't change the fact that I hate it. I hope Skulltaker gets a completely different mechanic that lets us build things up.

Wouldn't mind they tweak Skarrbrand as well, I lvoe the guy but it is such a boring and at the same time frustrating campaign for me. 

Well, I like that Khorne stands that much apart from other races. For those different experiences for every race make a core aspect of Warhammer Total war

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 7:58:29 PM

Itssomething#2248 wrote:

Why? That's what Khorne is all about. Khorne doesn't build, he tears down. Why play Khorne if you want an empire builder campaign? There's like dozens of other factions for that.

It really starts to anger me that people have this desire to make everything and everyone play the same and remove all variety from the game.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 8:07:42 PM

Admiral_Spyre#5113 wrote:

Itssomething#2248 wrote:

Well, I like that Khorne stands that much apart from other races. For those different experiences for every race make a core aspect of Warhammer Total war

Yes, the thing is for me he has nothing else to offer. It is just rush fight, rush fight rush fight, it gets dull quickly for me. I want to have more options. Look at Taurox, he is a rusher as well but the generell BM mechanic allows for different options in a campaign.  

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 8:10:42 PM

TainBoCuailinge#8335 wrote:

Itssomething#2248 wrote:

Why? That's what Khorne is all about. Khorne doesn't build, he tears down. Why play Khorne if you want an empire builder campaign? There's like dozens of other factions for that.

It really starts to anger me that people have this desire to make everything and everyone play the same and remove all variety from the game.

Because it gets dull and is nothing special after a couple of turns? He may be better at rushing and tearing down but I can have that with other factions as well and have different options. And building up stuff was just an example, he could get something else and unique that makes it interesting and open up his gamplay. 

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 16, 2024, 10:41:54 PM

Admiral_Spyre#5113 wrote:

Itssomething#2248 wrote:

I agree, it’s fun.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 1:03:59 AM

Khorne does have a problem actually. Their campaign is pretty much built around the fact that Skarbrand’s faction gets foreign replenishment and bonus campaign movement after razing. It will be interesting to see how Khorne is balanced without those things available.

Outside of that, Khorne could use some tech updates and the Skull Throne mechanic could be a bit more interesting. One being limited in piling up skulls for the skull throne feels off. 

Also Valkia needs more Khorne mechanics if she’s going to stay in WoC. Here’s hoping whatever they change for Khorne leads to some Valkia updates.

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 2:15:23 AM

Khorne should get research rate from bloodletting meter as there's no way to increase his research rate currently. Khorne should also get a building balance pass that brings heroes down to tier 2 with capacity increase at tier 3. Right now the Bloodreaper hero unlocks at tier 3 and increases capacity at tier 4 which does not play good.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 2:59:00 AM

Itssomething#2248 wrote:
Look at Taurox, he is a rusher as well but the generell BM mechanic allows for different options in a campaign.  

I maintain that Taurox was one of the high water marks for 'faction fantasy'.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 3:28:58 AM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

Only thing I'd maybe like to see is for Chaos Warriors of Khorne and bloodletters to not be tier 0 units now that the roster is bigger. 

The problem is that all those new units are part of the DLCs and some people might not own them.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 4:34:42 AM

SerPus#7395 wrote:

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

The problem is that all those new units are part of the DLCs and some people might not own them.

Your defense of those not owning the DLC is honorable, but those people should not be the focus of balance and design. With the new selling model of each LL being able to be purchased by themselves, I would argue that people interested in playing Khorne will get at least the Skulltaker part of the DLC.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 4:42:39 AM

ElStaufo#4038 wrote:
Your defense of those not owning the DLC is honorable, but those people should not be the focus of balance and design.

That's just the reality of it. CA won't make it so your only choice of units is locked behind DLCs.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 6:34:12 AM

Itssomething#2248 wrote:

Which is fine, you cannot necessarily like to play every single campaign or race.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 6:40:34 AM
Just major revision of the tech tree for Khorne factions (it is heavily designed only for buffing the spawnable Khorne armies not much else) and Bloodcrushers for WoC (as the chaos gods gifts).

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 7:11:22 AM

Itssomething#2248 wrote:
ecause it gets dull and is nothing special after a couple of turns? He may be better at rushing and tearing down but I can have that with other factions as well and have different options. And building up stuff was just an example, he could get something else and unique that makes it interesting and open up his gamplay. 

So then you obviously don't like Khorne at all. Play another faction instead of demanding that Khorne be made like everyone else.

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 17, 2024, 7:35:54 AM

They've got a solid roster, good campaign mechanics, flavorful gameplay, etc.The only real 'issue' is that sometimes it's a pain to hunt ...Khorne doesnt need a rework and neither do the greenskins. The only thing Khorne really needs is more start  slope unblocked locations. His mechanics are ...Slaanesh doesn't need a reworkKhorne doesn't as well tbh ~ considering how easy to play he is. Difficulty is not a factor for a rework.Khorne is split pretty evenly between daemons and mortals, and while you can run a mixed force, we'll divide each section by Daemons and Mortals for the sake ...

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment