Please move Ostankya

Copied to clipboard!
16 days ago
Aug 30, 2024, 8:20:08 PM

Now that we are getting larger and more regular patches I think it`s time to finally undo the most hated IE starting position in the Game. To finally move Mother Ostankya away from Nagaroth, she has zero buisness being there and it just breaks the lore. Please CA! You gave her her own short story emphazising how connected she is to the land of Kislev. I understand that with Katharin and Kostaltyn Kislev's core territory is already full but... just put her colse to her Realm of Chaos start position, or maybe a little further East in the old Unghol lands, but not this... 

There are other characters in IE that could use a start position adjustment but Mother Ostankya is at the top of that list. So please, continue improving on Shadows of Change, yes it was your most unpopular DLC ever, but that doesn't mean it's content should be left to rot.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 30, 2024, 8:23:16 PM

Yes. Nice to meet you, brother!

CA could finally show us that they really listen. Also @Captain_Rex had this great thread a while ago with more moving suggestions...

At least she should get a dual start, but her place is near Kislev or Wheatlands, like her RoC start that's miles better.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 30, 2024, 8:40:47 PM

Lore is not the only reason she needs to be moved.

I love Ostankya, she's a very fun character with very interesting mechanics. But my god, I tried her in both campaigns and both her starting position are boring AF. Nothing happens. She needs to be moved desperately.

Also, just a side note, how come Yuan Bo who got released in the same DLC is allowed to have a dual start position and she doesn't? She needs it way more than he does.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 30, 2024, 8:43:42 PM

If she does get a dual start I suggest Plesk should be her in Kislev location, given she has a unique special building there: https://totalwarwarhammer.fandom.com/wiki/The_Widows_Tree

(Also wonder if the building is meant as a Witcher 3 reference with a spirit in a tree related to hags/crones...)

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 30, 2024, 9:08:43 PM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:
Also, just a side note, how come Yuan Bo who got released in the same DLC is allowed to have a dual start position and she doesn't? She needs it way more than he does.

She can teleport.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 30, 2024, 9:26:29 PM

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

Because Cathay only had Miao Ying and Zhao Ming there, while Kislev has Katarina, Kostaltyn, and Boris all right next to each other.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 30, 2024, 11:30:13 PM

Aye, either add a new Magical Forest called Duklish Forest to the Kislev area and place her there or as someone else mentioned move her to Plesk, where she has a unique Landmark.

Not the only change that needs to be made for sure, Alith Anar still not being in Arnheim like in WH2 still annoys to this day.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 30, 2024, 11:32:30 PM

MODIDDLY1#9212 wrote:

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

Because Cathay only had Miao Ying and Zhao Ming there, while Kislev has Katarina, Kostaltyn, and Boris all right next to each other.

Boris is all the way north in the Chaos Wastes, not "right next" to Katarin and Kostaltyn.

Even then, there is still enough space for Ostankya to start there, either in Plesk, a new magical forest around the are or even the lost eastern kislevite colonies.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 30, 2024, 11:35:33 PM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

Aye, either add a new Magical Forest called Duklish Forest to the Kislev area and place her there or as someone else mentioned move her to Plesk, where she has a unique Landmark.

Not the only change that needs to be made for sure, Alith Anar still not being in Arnheim like in WH2 still annoys to this day.

+1 new magical forest Duklys start. Don't understand CA's stubbornness on this, why leave SoC so bad?

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 30, 2024, 11:38:12 PM

Add Duklys Forest as a Magical Forest.  Move Ostankya to it.  Move Boris to Ironfrost Glacier.  Done.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 31, 2024, 12:07:59 AM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:
Boris is all the way north in the Chaos Wastes, not "right next" to Katarin and Kostaltyn

Top center of the map. If you want to play a Kislev lord that isn't top center of the map, you have Ostankya, and that's it.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 31, 2024, 1:03:55 AM

Alternatively they could add the Forest of Knives in Norsca as a magical forest and put her there. I understand CA wanted some variety for Kislev's start but Ostankya was probably the worst character they could have picked to do this and honestly if we ignore the lore her start in Naggaroth just isn't even interesting at all from a gameplay perspective.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 31, 2024, 1:49:45 AM

If they don't want to start her in Kislev, then give her the Gelt treatment, put a magical forest in or near Kislev and after a few turns give her an event that allows her to teleport home.

Updated 16 days ago.
0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 31, 2024, 1:54:14 AM

Also her being in naggaroth holding a province with an elven colony when she is going to want to try and make treaties with the high elves feels so wrong. When I play High elves I always kill her because she holds arnhiem and is in the way to killing Morathi. That's also if Morathi doesn't wipe her out first. When played by the AI I always see her die and seldom have more then 5-6 settlements total. Kislev factions in kislev istelf have a rough start with so many enemies, they could use a friend! Move boris elsewhere in the chaos wastes if you like or Norsca across the sea from them.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 31, 2024, 3:16:22 AM

GBone#4408 wrote:

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:

+1 new magical forest Duklys start. Don't understand CA's stubbornness on this, why leave SoC so bad?

I just kind of assumed it was because they were making map changes with the next DLC, so they didn't want to do map changes in the smaller patches and have issues merging the two together.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 31, 2024, 3:59:28 AM

mecanojavi99#6562 wrote:
Boris is all the way north in the Chaos Wastes, not "right next" to Katarin and Kostaltyn.

Dude, he's 2 provinces away.

Zhatan is further abroad than Boris is.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 31, 2024, 5:30:52 AM

There were three previous threads on here that expressed the same sentiment, but sadly, 8 months have passed, Mother Ostankya  still remains in Naggaroth.

https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-warhammer/forums/8-general-discussion/threads/2107-kislev-start-position-for-ostankya-with-soc-update

https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-warhammer/forums/8-general-discussion/threads/3294-after-4-2-soc-is-now-worth-the-price-but-not-worth-to-buy

https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-warhammer/forums/8-general-discussion/threads/3119-please-in-4-2-change-mother-ostankya-s-starting-position

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 31, 2024, 5:33:10 AM

But anyway, hopefully this time we'll get enough upvote to get CA to reconsider the issue.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Aug 31, 2024, 10:41:35 AM
Yes - she should stay in Kislev and AI Jade Dragon in Cathay. And move Alith to Arnheim please!

0Send private message
15 days ago
Aug 31, 2024, 1:22:21 PM

Passthechips#4366 wrote:

Fossoway#5540 wrote:

She can teleport.

To magical forests, but there is no magical forest in Kislev. This needs to change.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment