Total War: Pharaoh
Universe banner wording

Next free DLC : HIGH TIDE

Copied to clipboard!
5 months ago
Dec 14, 2023, 4:09:48 PM

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-pharaoh-faq-dec-2023/

The High Tide update will be a free update to all Total War: PHARAOH owners! Dark sails on the horizon tell of the coming storm. Drive the Bronze Age Collapse by playing as one of two new playable factions from the Sea Peoples culture with a host of new features. The ruthless Sherden strive only to destroy and sacrifice while the Peleset are on the warpath to establish a new homeland. Dominating the battlefield using the new horde style of gameplay, you can turn the tide and become part of the Bronze Age Collapse.

Find out more in January 2024

Updated 5 months ago.
0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 14, 2023, 4:16:12 PM

Sea Peoples: Iolaos (Sherden faction), Walwetes (Peleset faction) – available as part of the High Tide free update in January 2024.

0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 14, 2023, 4:22:53 PM

Wow, finally. I predicted that they'll choose legendary character for Sherden, and Iolaos was the least probable in my humble opinion.

Updated 5 months ago.
0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 14, 2023, 4:40:18 PM

Big question for me is if both factions will be pure hordes only or if they will have some versatility. Sounds like Sherden will be a pure horde razing and sacking only (which gets really dull for me) but theres some hope for the Peleset as it sounds like they want to set up a new home?

I enjoyed the migration factions from Attila that started as hordes but could choose to settle. Honestly the only horde type gameplay I enjoyed and it gave you so many options for where you wanted to establish your empire from. I'm hoping Peleset is more like this.

0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 14, 2023, 6:21:37 PM

I also don't like hordes but I had fun with Memnon and Penthesilea in Troy.

it would be nice if one of the two factions could also conquer settlements. we'll see in January.

0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 14, 2023, 6:49:50 PM
toskyrun#2614 wrote:

it would be nice if one of the two factions could also conquer settlements. we'll see in January.

Historically Peleset settled during Bronze Age collapse in coastal area of modern Israel and Palestine, so that's even happened in real timeline and that's how Philistines emerged as a culture and nation - also hordes in TW: Attila were able to settle, so there are no technical limitations for that.

0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 14, 2023, 9:38:12 PM
Krwawy_Baron#9023 wrote:
toskyrun#2614 wrote:

Historically Peleset settled during Bronze Age collapse in coastal area of modern Israel and Palestine, so that's even happened in real timeline and that's how Philistines emerged as a culture and nation - also hordes in TW: Attila were able to settle, so there are no technical limitations for that.

Good to know thank you. The DLC details mention he is 'looking for a homeland' so that suggests he can settle. You could basically choose your start location by where you sail to. Or sack and raid for a bit to build up your treasury and then find somewhere to settle and use your spoils to build up fast.

0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 15, 2023, 3:23:38 AM

Not a fan of horde factions that can't settle. Even if the Sherden historically did not set up their own polity in the Eastern Mediterranean, you should still have the option to change history by choosing to do so. I imagine they will have a powerful army (like Memnon in Troy) in order to make up for it. Being led by Iolaos is a very nice touch.

I remember once seeing the Peleset rise up as a rebel army on Lemnos during a Troy campaign. It's neat to see the world of Troy meeting the world of Pharaoh. I haven't played as any of the Canaanite factions in Pharaoh yet so it'll be fun to interact with that part of the world. 

0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 15, 2023, 5:35:01 AM

Hope Mycenean, Assyrian and Babylonian would still appear in Pharaoh sonce Sea People took 1 spot.

0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 15, 2023, 11:00:48 AM
Jam#4399 wrote:

Hope Mycenean, Assyrian and Babylonian would still appear in Pharaoh sonce Sea People took 1 spot.

for the Mycenaeans I would say that we have almost mathematical certainty. I mean: we already have the work done, just copy paste.

for other cultures I think everything will depend on how Pharaoh will be received now that it has a more accessible price and more content.

fingers crossed!

0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 15, 2023, 7:22:11 PM

I was NOT expecting this, but extremely happy with this approach.  This means the Faction Packs are potentially new cultures, not just new lords to existing cultures.  Playable Sea People sound like a blast! Can’t wait!

0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 16, 2023, 12:36:55 AM
Tater#4412 wrote:

I was NOT expecting this, but extremely happy with this approach.  This means the Faction Packs are potentially new cultures, not just new lords to existing cultures.  Playable Sea People sound like a blast! Can’t wait!

Agree !

Really hope to see all the historical factions that are recorded fighting the Egyptians and Hittites.. including ISRAEL

(Please no modern Politics)

https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-pharaoh/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/122-israel-case-for-historical-inclusion#post-562

Thanks for the heads up Toskyrun !

0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 16, 2023, 9:27:22 PM
toskyrun#2614 wrote:
Jam#4399 wrote:

for the Mycenaeans I would say that we have almost mathematical certainty. I mean: we already have the work done, just copy paste.

for other cultures I think everything will depend on how Pharaoh will be received now that it has a more accessible price and more content.

fingers crossed!

How do you think CA will sell Myceneans if the files are already there? I don't think they are planning to sell Troy assets twice.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 16, 2023, 9:39:34 PM
Jam#4399 wrote:
toskyrun#2614 wrote:
Jam#4399 wrote:

fingers crossed!

How do you think CA will sell Myceneans if the files are already there? I don't think they are planning to sell Troy assets twice.

in fact they won't sell them, if you read the press release carefully they say they want to expand the map for free:

"One plan that we've always had since the early stages of development on Total War: PHARAOH is to expand the size of our map campaign as a free update, and to introduce even more factions and cultures to the game"

so I think that Greece with the Mycenaeans and the Trojan League will be included in the free expansion (either for everyone or only for those who own Troy)

only at that point if this will raise sales, then there will be the dlc which will include Assyrians and Babylonians, for a fee.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 17, 2023, 5:13:28 AM
toskyrun#2614 wrote:
Jam#4399 wrote:
toskyrun#2614 wrote:
Jam#4399 wrote:

fingers crossed!

in fact they won't sell them, if you read the press release carefully they say they want to expand the map for free:

"One plan that we've always had since the early stages of development on Total War: PHARAOH is to expand the size of our map campaign as a free update, and to introduce even more factions and cultures to the game"

so I think that Greece with the Mycenaeans and the Trojan League will be included in the free expansion (either for everyone or only for those who own Troy)

only at that point if this will raise sales, then there will be the dlc which will include Assyrians and Babylonians, for a fee.

I hope you are correct.  I wouldn't mind a "Immortal Empires" style map, where TW Troy, TW Pharaoh, and a TW Babylon (or event just a Mesopotamia DLC for Pharaoh) are combined into an actual depictions of the Bronze Age world.  That would be a dream come true. 

0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 17, 2023, 9:33:07 PM
toskyrun#2614 wrote:
Jam#4399 wrote:
toskyrun#2614 wrote:
Jam#4399 wrote:

fingers crossed!

Nice! Myceneans should be free for those who own Troy.

Really hope for Assyrian and Babylon. Hope its scope and land area would be wide just like Greece and not only a couple of cities.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 18, 2023, 10:00:23 AM

A few days after Dynasty Edition was refunded, expecting Babylon / Assyria / Greece is a little optimistic? 

0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 18, 2023, 5:25:37 PM
Player#12023 wrote:

A few days after Dynasty Edition was refunded, expecting Babylon / Assyria / Greece is a little optimistic? 

yes it is true it is

but it seemed like the right choice, perhaps the only one.

I'd rather have received my money back and decide whether to still support the game in the future rather than have 3 poor and uninspired DLCs.

lowering the price I hope will bring new players, as well as the free DLC and map expansion. furthermore, from 2024 it will also be on the epic store... I can only hope that the game will be reevaluated and Ca decides to invest in it for one big final DLC.

then, for me we can move on

0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 26, 2023, 7:22:19 PM

looking forward to an expansion of the campaign of this excellent game, to understand well an expansion of the campaign that includes expansion of the strategic map and new cultures, with new mechanics, historical events, historical units, historical characters, all included in a single campaign, not in another separate expansion campaign, that was the big mistake of rome II total war.

release campaign expansions of the second punic war, the gaul war and others separately instead of integrating everything into a single campaign as in the three kingdoms, with different campaign starting points, if the player wants to start the campaign in a concrete historical context.

with historical figures being born on their historical date or by event.

the rome II campaign is antihistorical, with tribes that create empires and it is an empty, generalist campaign, without mechanics and boring, not even mods can fix this.

with thre kingdoms this does not happen with a campaign that includes all the expansions, the best campaign of all the total war games, except for pharaoh total war which can even surpass it, if CA implements everything in a campaign.

rome II total war should have been released on the market, with its campaign at the beginning of the first punic war and which included the entire conflict between carthage and rome until reaching the second punic war and the wars with macedonia, because this kingdom even allied itself with carthage.

with a well-detailed strategic map with many provinces, just from all of Italy, including cisalpine gaul, narbonne gaul, south and east of the Iberian peninsula and north africa to carthage without going any further.

with all the historical characters well designed and detailed as in pharaoh total war.

then CA could launch historical expansions in the campaign in the manner of the three kingdoms.,which includes new cultures, historical situations of the factions that are already in the campaign, historical characters, historical events and dilemmas.

a historical expansion integrated into the campaign could be the wars of the pontus, which arose when rome already had control of greece and in the west some war with tribes from Iberia.

CA could launch successive expansions in a historical timeline, we could have julius caesar and his conquest of gaul, the civil war between pompey and caesar and so on many historical moments linked in a single campaign, which the player can play from the beginning. or choosing a specific historical point to start in the campaign, always with a well-detailed strategic map as in pharaoh total war.

i want to say that pharaoh total war has the best, most immersive and realistic combat mechanics of all the total war games on the battle map, where the fights last a long time and the warriors do not die quickly like in other games where you don't even know what happened. past, you can't even perform maneuvers on the battlefield. historically there were maneuvers on the battlefield.

this is what you should do with pharaoh total war, not only expand the strategic map and have new cultures, but integrate it all into a single historical campaign.

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 26, 2023, 9:43:38 PM
punic_soldier#8641 wrote:

looking forward to an expansion of the campaign of this excellent game, to understand well an expansion of the campaign that includes expansion of the strategic map and new cultures, with new mechanics, historical events, historical units, historical characters, all included in a single campaign, not in another separate expansion campaign, that was the big mistake of rome II total war.

release campaign expansions of the second punic war, the gaul war and others separately instead of integrating everything into a single campaign as in the three kingdoms, with different campaign starting points, if the player wants to start the campaign in a concrete historical context.

with historical figures being born on their historical date or by event.

the rome II campaign is antihistorical, with tribes that create empires and it is an empty, generalist campaign, without mechanics and boring, not even mods can fix this.

with thre kingdoms this does not happen with a campaign that includes all the expansions, the best campaign of all the total war games, except for pharaoh total war which can even surpass it, if CA implements everything in a campaign.

rome II total war should have been released on the market, with its campaign at the beginning of the first punic war and which included the entire conflict between carthage and rome until reaching the second punic war and the wars with macedonia, because this kingdom even allied itself with carthage.

with a well-detailed strategic map with many provinces, just from all of Italy, including cisalpine gaul, narbonne gaul, south and east of the Iberian peninsula and north africa to carthage without going any further.

with all the historical characters well designed and detailed as in pharaoh total war.

then CA could launch historical expansions in the campaign in the manner of the three kingdoms.,which includes new cultures, historical situations of the factions that are already in the campaign, historical characters, historical events and dilemmas.

a historical expansion integrated into the campaign could be the wars of the pontus, which arose when rome already had control of greece and in the west some war with tribes from Iberia.

CA could launch successive expansions in a historical timeline, we could have julius caesar and his conquest of gaul, the civil war between pompey and caesar and so on many historical moments linked in a single campaign, which the player can play from the beginning. or choosing a specific historical point to start in the campaign, always with a well-detailed strategic map as in pharaoh total war.

i want to say that pharaoh total war has the best, most immersive and realistic combat mechanics of all the total war games on the battle map, where the fights last a long time and the warriors do not die quickly like in other games where you don't even know what happened. past, you can't even perform maneuvers on the battlefield. historically there were maneuvers on the battlefield.

this is what you should do with pharaoh total war, not only expand the strategic map and have new cultures, but integrate it all into a single historical campaign.

I am not entirely sure I understood the entire unformatted wall of text, but you talk about events a thousand years after the setting of Pharaoh as well as regions where we know barely anything regarding the bronze age.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message